Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Never too early to talk draft. (2014)

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,311
    Post Thanks / Like

    Never too early to talk draft. (2014)






    Lee and Van Noy 2014!

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    779
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with loving Lee. Also, keep your eyes on these guys at WR:




  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lindenhurst NY
    Posts
    1,917
    Post Thanks / Like
    WR or S should def be at the top of the board next year

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    Running Backs
    1. James Wilder, Florida State (Jr.)
    2 Damien Williams, Oklahoma
    3 LaDarius Perkins, Mississippi State
    4. Todd Gurley, Georgia (Soph.)*
    5. Ka’Deem Carey, Arizona (Jr.)
    6. Lache Seastrunk, Baylor (Jr.)
    7. Carlos Hyde Ohio State
    8. T.J. Yeldon, Alabama (Soph.) *
    9. De’Anthony Thomas, Oregon (Jr.)
    10. Duke Johnson, Miami (Soph.)*
    11. Silas Redd, USC
    12. James White, Wisconsin
    13. Michael Dyer, Arkansas Baptist (Jr)
    14. Dri Archer, Kent State
    15. Isaiah Crowell, Alabama State (Jr.)

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    552
    Post Thanks / Like
    & OLB´s as every single draft!

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really liked what I saw from Yeldon last year. He should get a good chance t5o put up big numbers.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would love to see them land Clowney.

    Yes, I know this means being bad enough to have the number 1 or 2 pick. I don't care.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,066
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Agree with loving Lee. Also, keep your eyes on these guys at WR:



    Watkins needs to show improvement in his route running and get a little more polished as a receiver if he is going to be a top 10 pick next year IMO. He reminds me a little of Patterson this year. A lot of plays Watkins makes are from Jet sweeps and short screen passes. He can run a 9 route with the best of him, but the rest of the route tree needs work. Watching Hopkins and Watkins on the field at the same time last season really showed the weakness in Watkins game.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Would love to see them land Clowney.

    Yes, I know this means being bad enough to have the number 1 or 2 pick. I don't care.
    Would be amazing.

    I love the Jenkins guy from Washington too

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,203
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care if we picked a QB this year.

    If we are in position to take Bridgewater or Boyd, do it!

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lindenhurst NY
    Posts
    1,917
    Post Thanks / Like
    The main reason I disliked the Geno Smith pick so much is because of how good of a QB class next year is going to be. Now that we have Smith we must put him in the position to suceed

  12. #12
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    287
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    The main reason I disliked the Geno Smith pick so much is because of how good of a QB class next year is going to be. Now that we have Smith we must put him in the position to suceed
    Smith was picked in the 2nd round, so we could still pick up a stud QB next draft if things don't work out with Geno.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,655
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we are in position to take Bridgewater or Clowney we should do it. I don't care if that means DL 4 years in a row or QBs high two years in a row.

    I think we have a realistic shot at Lee.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,679
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetMex View Post
    & OLB´s as every single draft!
    Orakpo is a UFA next year. I think we make a big play for him next year.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post





    Lee and Van Noy 2014!
    I also like Anthony Barr from UCLA.

    I doubt we'll be in the play for Clowney without having to trade up substantially. Jets will win games this year. Book it!!

  16. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    779
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Watkins needs to show improvement in his route running and get a little more polished as a receiver if he is going to be a top 10 pick next year IMO. He reminds me a little of Patterson this year. A lot of plays Watkins makes are from Jet sweeps and short screen passes. He can run a 9 route with the best of him, but the rest of the route tree needs work. Watching Hopkins and Watkins on the field at the same time last season really showed the weakness in Watkins game.
    And just in case no one knows the second WR I posted...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCJlXX8QlCw

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,166
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Orakpo is a UFA next year. I think we make a big play for him next year.
    No thanks - I don't like having racists on this team


  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Todd McShay ‏@McShay13
    Initial Top-32 Prospects list for 2014. http://es.pn/YnRxc5 .


    Not a ESPN Insider so this is all I got

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CMEC View Post
    Smith was picked in the 2nd round, so we could still pick up a stud QB next draft if things don't work out with Geno.
    We are going to give a rookie Qb one year to see if he works out? I actually have hope Idzik would have the balls to draft a Qb next year early, even if he will 100% for sure get killed for it in the media but most teams will not draft a Qb the 1st two rounds and give him one year to show something and this is why I agree with Penguin to some extent. Most teams if they draft a QB fairly early will give the guy 2-3 years at least to prove he can play before taking another high round qb. It is a legit concern.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Geno is as good or better than any QB in next years class.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us