Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another thing that Rex pissed me off this weekend with

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 224B View Post
    Actually Austin and his WVU teammate on the other side Stedman Bailey were both drafted by the Rams and they both will do nothing but score touchdowns...
    Just wait till Schotty gets hold of them!

Wow, the Rex haters find any excuse to bash him.
    So during his visit Rex tells a draft prospect " if we draft you, we have a plan on how to best use your skills". Like most of these kids today, who just cannot live without these social media sites. He goes and tweets, Facebook, google, whatever, his personal conversations with coaches and GM's prior to the draft.
    So suddenly it's now Rex's fault for even talking and visiting with the prospects, who don't have enough sense to keep there personal business to themselves.
    Talk about reaching for straws to just stir the pot, man!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Actually John, if Tavon Austin would have just kept his trap shut, he'd probably be in green & white right now.

That's not Rex's fault, the kid should have had enough sense to realize that that was a private conversation he should have just kept it to himself until the draft was over.

That's the kind of thing Austin should have talked about in a post draft interview, not before the draft.
    So a 21 year old kid should be asked to be more of an adult than a 50 year old adult man making millions of dollars a year?

Talking ADAM SCHEIN SAYS REX STILL HAS TOO MUCH INPUT

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Rex is the adult, Tavon is a 23 year old kid.

Rex is supposed to be a professional, its part of being a HC.

Why do Jets fans have to settle for a HC who continues to be detrimental to this team in so many areas?
    " ADAM SCHEIN"
    = said before the draft that the Jets should lock Rex Ryan in a closet. Well, he apparently found the key. What's next? Will he get a contract extension before Day 2?

Ryan's fingerprints are all over the Jets' picks. That's a problem, considering his past personnel failures and his status as what amounts to a lame-duck head coach.

The man the Jets took ninth overall, Dee Milliner, has had five surgeries. The significance of that can't be minimized. I didn't think he was the best player available in a group that included Smith, Floyd, Chance Warmack, D.J. Fluker, Tyler Eifert and Star Lotulelei.

Taking Sheldon Richardson at No. 13 made no sense, especially when Floyd and Lotulelei were still there at the DT position.

And the Jets could've used some help on offense

Excellent point made. Rex, as usual can't control the Mouth. Thank God this will be his last season with the Jets. I suspect Idzak has already had it with his antics.

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Wow, the Rex haters find any excuse to bash him.
    So during his visit Rex tells a draft prospect " if we draft you, we have a plan on how to best use your skills". Like most of these kids today, who just cannot live without these social media sites. He goes and tweets, Facebook, google, whatever, his personal conversations with coaches and GM's prior to the draft.
    So suddenly it's now Rex's fault for even talking and visiting with the prospects, who don't have enough sense to keep there personal business to themselves.
    Talk about reaching for straws to just stir the pot, man!!!!!
    For the record, I"m not a Rex hater. I've always supported him. But in this instance he's wrong. If you can't see it, I"m sorry

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    not drafting the tiny li'l fella was a blessing

prefer the two studs we did get by far
    LOL. Carl Tilders' younger brother was taller, and had more heft.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    < sg3's response in an alternate universe where the Jets draft Austin and not Geno > :

"so glad the Jets drafted THE BEST PLAYMAKER IN THE DRAFT, Idzik made a GREAT move

really glad we made all of the moves that we did

congrats to <crappy team> for grabbing Geno so their nearby pizza place can sell slices when he's working there in 3 years"
    LMFAO. Spot on.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Actually John, if Tavon Austin would have just kept his trap shut, he'd probably be in green & white right now.

That's not Rex's fault, the kid should have had enough sense to realize that that was a private conversation he should have just kept it to himself until the draft was over.

That's the kind of thing Austin should have talked about in a post draft interview, not before the draft.
    Why should he? Isn't it better for Austin to have teams trade up for him and perhaps get a better contract?

so, if you hear rumors from another team in the days leading up to the draft, everyone takes it with a grain of salt and calls it a smokescreen.

but we hear that the Jets were "smitten" with the likes of Austin and Mingo and we're supposed to believe it was absolutely, positively 100% true.

OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 224B View Post
    Actually Austin and his WVU teammate on the other side Stedman Bailey were both drafted by the Rams and they both will do nothing but score touchdowns...I wish Austin was on the Jets! he can score from anywhere on the field, playing any position.
    and the Jets drafted the guy who passed the ball to Austin and Bailey.

not that throwing TD passes matters in the NFL or anything.

Hall Of Fame
    < sg3's response in an alternate universe where the Jets draft Austin and not Geno > :

"so glad the Jets drafted THE BEST PLAYMAKER IN THE DRAFT, Idzik made a GREAT move

congrats to <crappy team> for grabbing Geno so their nearby pizza place can sell slices when he's working there in 3 years"
    That is actually pretty funny stuff right there.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

Kinda different in the NFL where you can't just chuck it up in the air and let your WR go get it.

said it in another thread - i'm glad the jets didn't get austin. not the right team for him. rather the jets look for a true #1 wr in next year's draft.

All Pro
    Probably a bit "tinfoil hat" as theories go, but I'll see if it flies ...

Rumour starts that Jets like Austin
    Austin & his agents want no part of the worst offense in the NFL
    Austin & his agents leak that Jets are VERY keen, sure fire thing to take him at 9 ... to force another team to trade up and take him before 9

Of course to be fair, we don't know whether the Rams would have made the move anyway to get him.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    um alot of these players are told similar things by coches they speak with....you think Rex is the only coach who says things like that.....gimme a break already...if you want to jump on rex...try something else. And getting the best rated DB in the draft was not exactly chopped liver....you think when these coaches speak to these guys they are NOT being up beat...sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Tavon Austin tweeted "Rex said he has a plan for me."

Then the Rams jumped in front.

Geno Smith tweeted "Rex said he has a plan for me."

I know the Rams trading up probably didn't think the Jets were going to take Tavon Austin just from the tweets, but it seems that all the leaks about what players the Jets like come from Rex. Mingo "Rex smitten with Mingo".

I have to feel like more ambiguity would have helped. Rex can't help himself. A CIA operative, he is not.

Hall Of Fame
    someone who gets it

Thank you.

Coaches say things like this to kids they are planning on drafting all the time - you are pretty foolish if you think otherwise. The difference is that most of the time, the draftee's have enough sense not to talk about those conversations until after the draft.

All this really tells me is that Austin is not too terribly bright.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL and OUCh

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post