Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The real value in the Revis trade

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    I too didn't want Revis traded. I hope he returns to his HOF level but a non factor in the Tampa Jet game. I want to see him get to the HOF with the Jets being mentioned as the team he rose with. I hope Milliner rises to the same level and stays with the Jets long term. I'm tired of seeing good players leav the Jets because of money. Abraham will be a HOF because he was a game changer when he played. I hated the Hugh Douglas trade too.
    John Abraham??? HOF??? Ludicrous.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    Why don't we just sign terrible players! They are really cheap!

Trading your best player after an injury, and a 2 month long media blitz where you make it clear you are

1. Trading him no matter what
    2. Alienating him with leaks to the press about how greedy and selfish he is

Is moronic. SAR said earlier and I agree, (paraphrased) trading Revis was an idea worth exploring but the execution was terrible. I can't get over it. It was a colossal mistake. I'm tired of debating it. It's done. Once you see Milliner in there and he makes his classic rookie mistakes and you realize he'll NEVER be as good as Revis was you'll all see it too.

It was a stupid trade forced by a stupid owner who made things personal. This team could have easily made the playoffs next year, now it will be an uphill battle.
    Yeah, your right. We should have just signed him to $16 million a season and be content with saying we had the best corner back in the league for about 10 years. Who gives a crap about winning it all....

I think this Revis stuff is WORSE then the Pennington-ologists. Glad he is gone.

Football is a team game. There is no "I" in team. 52 players make a team not 1 player. Revis made it about himself. If he would of been reasonable with his contract demands he would still be a Jet. He was not reasonable. He was about getting every last dollar he could and would go to extreme lengths to do it - holding out! A team can't function properly with players like that. Revis fits with a team that maybe needs one more piece and has plenty of money - Tampa. I didn't see a bunch of other teams fighting for his services - why? Because he is Mevis - greedy - wanting every last dollar.
    Apparently the Jets aren't alone in their thinking. No team other than Tampa bid for Revis. Hmmmmm. Tells u something.

Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    Why don't we just sign terrible players! They are really cheap! All the Jets can afford after the spending sprees they went on, not to mention giving into Revis' demands a few years ago from his holdout.

Trading your best player after an injury, and a 2 month long media blitz where you make it clear you are Everyone knew he was going to be traded, and Idzik never outright said he was trading him.

1. Trading him no matter what Blame Woody. Blame Revis also for pissing off Woody with threats of holdouts.
    2. Alienating him with leaks to the press about how greedy and selfish he is This one is 100% true. No leaks necessary

Is moronic. No, it's not. SAR said earlier and I agree, (paraphrased) trading Revis was an idea worth exploring but the execution was terrible. There was only one taker. I can't get over it. It bothered me too, but time to move on. It was a colossal mistake. So would have been letting him walk after one year. I'm tired of debating it. But yet, you still are. It's done. This one we can agree on. Once you see Milliner in there and he makes his classic rookie mistakes and you realize he'll NEVER be as good as Revis was you'll all see it too. He's going to make mistakes, and nobody is Revis, but you don't let 1 player control the franchise, especially a non-QB. Milliner will be fine. You don't need an all-world CB to win a Superbowl.

It was a stupid trade forced by a stupid owner who made things personal. Doesn't affect our lives in the long run. This team could have easily made the playoffs next year, now it will be an uphill battle. Revis never put the Jets 5 games better. Explain how having Revis on the roster would have put the Jets in the playoffs.