Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for the board

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Guys, lets not get Our blood pressures up over conversation. I don't want to trade away Wilkerson. All i ask was if you had the opportunity to replace Wilkerson with Clowney and get a decent package for Wilkerson to add more players to this team, would you do it.

It's conversation and for the record, it's a draft day trade and only if Clowney was a certainty and the proper package was available for Wilkerson. .
    Well assuming he improves like you said in the original post, it makes no sense to trade him. You usually attempt to keep the blue chippers you develop. Revis is the exception (for the reasons I stated above), not the rule.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's call looking ahead. These are the kind of trades you make on draft day when you're sure you have a better option in hand. You know, like the Chiefs dangling their LT because they knew they were going to take a better prospect.

We fans get too attached to players especially the type of players like Ferguson.Last yr at this time you hated the idea of getting rid of Sanchez. 1 yr ,20+ turnovers and a horrible season later, you wanna drive him out of town.

Sometimes you gotta see a thing before you see it or you never will see it.
    Brick didn't give up a single sack last year.

Next to Joe Thomas, he's probably the best passblocking LT in the league.

You don't trade players like that. You make sure they retire wearing your teams uniform unless their play drops off dramatically or they're some kind of locker room or contractual nuisance. Brick doesn't fit the criteria of either.

Hell, if I was inclined to get rid of a big contract on the OL, it would be Mangold.

He plays the less important position and his play on the field has regressed for two years running now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Brick didn't give up a single sack last year.

Next to Joe Thomas, he's probably the best passblocking LT in the league.

You don't trade players like that. You make sure they retire wearing your teams uniform unless their play drops off dramatically or they're some kind of locker room or contractual nuisance. Brick doesn't fit the criteria of either.

Hell, if I was inclined to get rid of a big contract on the OL, it would be Mangold.

He plays the less important position and his play on the field has regressed for two years running now.

Why do u think i was so interested in Cooper. Also, i was only interested in Trading ferguson if i could replace him with either Joekel or Fisher, preferrably fisher.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would you trade Wilkerson if the package was right and you could replace him with Jadeveon Clowney.
    I think I would, obviously depending on what they were to get back. I think I see where you are going with this - Coples, Richardson and Clowney would make up a pretty impressive 3/4ths of a more traditional 4-3 defensive line?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's call looking ahead. These are the kind of trades you make on draft day when you're sure you have a better option in hand. You know, like the Chiefs dangling their LT because they knew they were going to take a better prospect.

We fans get too attached to players especially the type of players like Ferguson.Last yr at this time you hated the idea of getting rid of Sanchez. 1 yr ,20+ turnovers and a horrible season later, you wanna drive him out of town.

Sometimes you gotta see a thing before you see it or you never will see it.
    I think you are putting the cart before the horse. Let's see how Geno does with Marty's new WCO before thinking about Clowney.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He is probably worth a first rounder

Be careful with these threads. Wilk is probably the new hero to be worshipped. Revis has left a void for some fans.
    Only if the the pick is a first round QB in the mode of an Andrew Luck or RW Griffith----in other words, a can't miss. Considering that that won't be the case, I say its not happening.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    While we're at it, what would we get if packaged D'Brick and Mangold?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    What would be the trade value of Mohammed Wilkerson if he improves over his performance from this past season going into the 2014 draft.
    Lets not say we did.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I think you are putting the cart before the horse. Let's see how Geno does with Marty's new WCO before thinking about Clowney.
    OK, then, Let's say Geno played the last half of the season and played well. The Jets still end up with the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft and have a shot at Teddy Bridgewater, what would u do.

Do you take Bridgewater with Geno showing his potential ?
    Do you take Jake Mathews with Ferguson at LT ?
    Do you take Clowney having 3 of the same type DEs already on the team ?
    Do you take Taylor Lewan at OT with Ferguson still on the team ?
    Do you spend your 1st round pick on a WR ?
    Do u take another CB ?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we not crown clowney yet? The guy could easily have a bad year and drop out of the top 10, hell even 1st round.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    While we're at it, what would we get if packaged D'Brick and Mangold?
    Do u realize that in next year's draft, there's possibly 2 OTs that are way better prospects than Ferguson.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would expect the Clown to man an OLB spot. He's 6'6" 250.

It's all about versatility so Wilkerson can stay and kick inside next to Richardson with Coples and the Clown on the outside.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clowney could play OLB no? He's a 4-3 end, I don't see the problem given that the guys we have are 3-4 ends or 4-3 tackles

But realistically we need skill players, so hopefully we'll be in position to draft the top WR RB or TE without reaching, not Clowney

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, then, Let's say Geno played the last half of the season and played well. The Jets still end up with the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft and have a shot at Teddy Bridgewater, what would u do.

Do you take Bridgewater with Geno showing his potential ?
    Do you take Jake Mathews with Ferguson at LT ?
    Do you take Clowney having 3 of the same type DEs already on the team ?
    Do you take Taylor Lewan at OT with Ferguson still on the team ?
    Do you spend your 1st round pick on a WR ?
    Do u take another CB ?
    Well what do you define as "playing well"? If were talking a Ryan Tannehill/Nick Foles esque rookie season and Bridgewater is still the prospect everyone thinks he will be after this season, then I'd draft Bridgewater without even blinking, trade Geno for picks, and pick up playmakers later on. But only because Bridgewater is shaping up to be a Luck/RG3 prospect right now.

If were talking a Andy Dalton/Cam Newton type season but we still suck:

1. We wont have a shot at Bridgewater OR Clowney.

2. I'd stick with Geno and get him help.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    very difficlt to answer since he is just getting in his own....with that said...why even entertain such a thought.

What would be the trade value of Mohammed Wilkerson if he improves over his performance from this past season going into the 2014 draft.