Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for the board

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Question for the board

What would be the trade value of Mohammed Wilkerson if he improves over his performance from this past season going into the 2014 draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    What would be the trade value of Mohammed Wilkerson if he improves over his performance from this past season going into the 2014 draft.
    Are you serious? WHY!!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    question for tinstar, are you a clown?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    in before the

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is probably worth a first rounder

Be careful with these threads. Wilk is probably the new hero to be worshipped. Revis has left a void for some fans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would you trade Wilkerson if the package was right and you could replace him with Jadeveon Clowney.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would you trade Wilkerson if the package was right and you could replace him with Jadeveon Clowney.
    That is the epitome of a no brainer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    no. They traded Revis bc they couldn't afford him. Only idiot fans want to collect draft picks over legitamite players.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    First you wanted to trade Brick, now you want to trade Wilkerson.

I honestly don't know where you come up with this stuff.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

I was gonna start a thread about trading Namath.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I was gonna start a thread about trading Namath.
    Why I oughta!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That is the epitome of a no brainer.
    Thus the question. When you draft BAP, sometimes you overlap prospects.we now have 3 quality 34 DE all drafted with 1st round picks. What do we do If come 2014, Jadeveon Clowney is sitting there for us should we have the type of season everyone thinks we will.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's just go ahead and keep on trading our best player for draft pick every year, we'll see where that get us.

"Newsflash" the draft is a crap shoot. You don't believe me, go back and take a look at first round picks from 3+ years ago and see how many are still productive players vs. busts.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thus the question. When you draft BAP, sometimes you overlap prospects.we now have 3 quality 34 DE all drafted with 1st round picks. What do we do If come 2014, Jadeveon Clowney is sitting there for us should we have the type of season everyone thinks we will.
    Then if Clowney is sitting there for the taking, you take him.

What does that have to do with trading Wilkerson?

You keep Wilkerson and field potentially one of the most dominant DL's in history.

Coples, Wilkerson, Richardson, Clowney

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why in the world do people think one player is going to change the Jets fortunes, specifically those that are not QBs?

Is wanting a player so bad, who is not a New York Jet (and thereby automatically better than the player currently on the roster - i.e. Clowney over Wilkerson), worth trading away every single good player on the roster? Do people think that every other player who is not a New York Jet will step on the field and automatically make things better?

Wilkerson is probably the best player left on the roster. Why would anyone in his right mind want to trade away that player, to replace him with an NFL UNPROVEN blue chip prospect, especially with 100 other holes on the team?

Why do people want so badly to cling to the success of individual players?

I don't want any pro bowlers on the team while the team is 5-11. I want 53 good players that win a Superbowl together and play as a team. That last bolded part is something that the Jets have lost sight of, specifically in 2011 and 2012.

Drafting Clowney because he's there is different than trading away Wilkerson.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    no. They traded Revis bc they couldn't afford him. Only idiot fans want to collect draft picks over legitamite players.
    They traded him because he had no loyalty and it irritated the owner. We could easily have afforded him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Why in the world do people think one player is going to change the Jets fortunes, specifically those that are not QBs?

Is wanting a player so bad, who is not a New York Jet (and thereby automatically better than the player currently on the roster - i.e. Clowney over Wilkerson), worth trading away every single good player on the roster? Do people think that every other player who is not a New York Jet will step on the field and automatically make things better?

Wilkerson is probably the best player left on the roster. Why would anyone in his right mind want to trade away that player, to replace him with an NFL UNPROVEN blue chip prospect, especially with 100 other holes on the team?

Why do people want so badly to cling to the success of individual players?

I don't want any pro bowlers on the team while the team is 5-11. I want 53 good players that win a Superbowl together and play as a team. That last bolded part is something that the Jets have lost sight of, specifically in 2011 and 2012.

Drafting Clowney because he's there is different than trading away Wilkerson.
    Damn straight

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

It's call looking ahead. These are the kind of trades you make on draft day when you're sure you have a better option in hand. You know, like the Chiefs dangling their LT because they knew they were going to take a better prospect.

We fans get too attached to players especially the type of players like Ferguson.Last yr at this time you hated the idea of getting rid of Sanchez. 1 yr ,20+ turnovers and a horrible season later, you wanna drive him out of town.

Sometimes you gotta see a thing before you see it or you never will see it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, lets not get Our blood pressures up over conversation. I don't want to trade away Wilkerson. All i ask was if you had the opportunity to replace Wilkerson with Clowney and get a decent package for Wilkerson to add more players to this team, would you do it.

It's conversation and for the record, it's a draft day trade and only if Clowney was a certainty and the proper package was available for Wilkerson. .

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's call looking ahead. These are the kind of trades you make on draft day when you're sure you have a better option in hand. You know, like the Chiefs dangling their LT because they knew they were going to take a better prospect.

We fans get too attached to players especially the type of players like Ferguson.Last yr at this time you hated the idea of getting rid of Sanchez. 1 yr ,20+ turnovers and a horrible season later, you wanna drive him out of town.

Sometimes you gotta see a thing before you see it or you never will see it.
    More like Albert had an injury history and was good rather than even great (I assert that Brick is a great LT though I know you'd disagree).

It makes no sense to trade Wilkerson for an unknown given the lack of mitigating factors. He's not Revis, who constantly held out, wanted huge sums of money, and was coming off a major injury.