Thread: Is it possible for the Jets to trade Sanchez and eat most of his salary?

Is it possible for the Jets to trade Sanchez and eat most of his salary?

Why not trade Sanchez and eat his salary at the same time? Get a 6th round pick or even a seventh? This way we can dictate where he goes, and maybe not have to eat his entire contract. Is this possible, or does noone want this guy? I truly believe that even if Sanchez does nothing wrong, just him being on this team makes it awkward and makes it difficult to get good team chemistry.

I think we can save around $3-4 million of it if we trade him.

Veteran
    I think the bigger problem is that no team would trade for him. Teams know that he'll most likely be released in the next few months and they can end up signing him for a much lower figure.

Jets Insider VIP
    only a team that doesn't have a DVD player to view his 52 interceptions and lost fumbles of the past two seasons would trade for him and incur any of the ridiculous salary that Tannenboob handed him

why would a team want to destroy their season?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    only a team that doesn't have a DVD player to view his 52 interceptions and lost fumbles of the past two seasons would trade for him and incur any of the ridiculous salary that Tannenboob handed him

why would a team want to destroy their season?
    lol