Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESPN article by Rich Cimini

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets had so many holes in their roster.... Difficult to address 100% of their needs..... I think the Ivory trade covered us fairly well at RB.. Does Holmes, Hill, Kerley and White @ WR scare anyone.. probably not..... Not as concerned about TE as others would be.. Sanders, Bush and Allen @ Safety.. hmmm... that is thin.. OLB Barnes/Pace/Mcintyure/SAPP..

let see what happen... FAs still possible..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Well, he was nit-picking, but he was right. Special teams needs some young linebacker/ running back types. very minor problem though.

I keep saying it. Cimini is putting some real good stuff out there lately, I have had no problem with anything he has said in quite some time.
    It's kind of strange...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    The Jets had so many holes in their roster.... Difficult to address 100% of their needs..... I think the Ivory trade covered us fairly well at RB.. Does Holmes, Hill, Kerley and White @ WR scare anyone.. probably not..... Not as concerned about TE as others would be.. Sanders, Bush and Allen @ Safety.. hmmm... that is thin.. OLB Barnes/Pace/Mcintyure/SAPP..

let see what happen... FAs still possible..
    I'm concerned about the WR situation but I have a feeling we will learn they are not as bad as we thought once someone else is throwing to them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There were too many holes for the Jets to fill in one draft. That's a fact - 8 picks will not get you suitable replacements for all of the players during the offseason.

Everyone knows the 2013 season isn't going to be a great one for the team.

If we use FA, we can still pick up some more ST talent before the season even begins. Next year we currently have 12 picks.

So really this is all about a writer getting ahead of himself in an effort to criticize the team. Common sense sees through this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    Does Holmes, Hill, Kerley and White @ WR scare anyone
    scares me.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    scares me.
    . And if Butt-Boy is still throwing to them, it's downright frightening.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    There were too many holes for the Jets to fill in one draft. That's a fact - 8 picks will not get you suitable replacements for all of the players during the offseason.

Everyone knows the 2013 season isn't going to be a great one for the team.

If we use FA, we can still pick up some more ST talent before the season even begins. Next year we currently have 12 picks.

So really this is all about a writer getting ahead of himself in an effort to criticize the team. Common sense sees through this.
    I thought it was more a fair and balanced article. He brought up a legit point, albeit a smaller flaw. I would much rather come out of a draft with 3 potential starting O Linemen than really good special teams coverage.

Although, with our offense, good punt coverage might be at a premium.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    The ST comment is a minor but also legit. STs is usually comprised of hungry 5th round LBs and Safeties. It will be interesting to see who those guys are as we didn't take any this year. I guess guys like Josh Mauga will be filling the back end of the roster, but we need to fill those spots in the coming years as well.
    Jets placed emphasis on the OL depth in the draft at the expense of the usual one or two ST selctions they have done in the past. They are either happy with what they have (can't be 100% based on last year's deterioration) or they will supplement with UDFA's and replenish with other team's cuts/FA's. A few good STeamers should be available