Thread: Geno vs. OU 2012

Jets Insider VIP

Geno vs. OU 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZCPd5u6f3c

This tape shows the type of throws he can make. I think he's going to have some rough adjustments to the NFL b/c he is so confident in his ability to thread the needle. BUt man, when he wants to, he can certainly put the balll right in the bread basket.

One thing that has been said: He had T.Austin, so that's why he had such good numbers.

Well, the same is true for the opposite. Austin had Geno, and with his accuracy, Austin was able to thrive with the ball after the catch, as was Bailey.

Rookie
    Sanchez looked just as good in college.

Geno made a lot of questionable/bad throws in the is game. I mentioned it before and I'll mention it again, from what I was of him in the session with Gruden he's got great football IQ. I hope he gets the chance to sit and learn for a while so he can get up to speed with the pace of the NFL.

Good pick at a good spot but let's not hand him the franchise just yet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post

Geno made a lot of questionable/bad throws in the is game. I mentioned it before and I'll mention it again, from what I was of him in the session with Gruden he's got great football IQ. I hope he gets the chance to sit and learn for a while so he can get up to speed with the pace of the NFL.

Oh i agree, except that Sanchez looked just as good in college. Sanchez never put up numbers close to Geno and his resume was very limited.

As I said, geno likes to thread the needle, which can be risky in the nfl. Some guys do it great (see favre), and some not so much.

But this tape does show he stays calm under pressure, reads the field (except on that one INT), and doesn't let mistakes or misfortune get him down.

The more I watch, the more I think with time, this guy is a perfect fit for the WCO. Now, we just need some playmakers on O.

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree

Let him watch and be mentored by an experienced and successful NFL quarterback next season in our starter David Garrard

Don't allow him too near the Turnover Machine if possible

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I agree

Let him watch and be mentored by an experienced and successful NFL quarterback next season in our starter David Garrard

Lol. I don't think its contagious.

All Pro
    As good as their offense was, did West Virginia's D always five up 40+ points a game? Sure seems that way from these highlight reels.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I agree

Let him watch and be mentored by an experienced and successful NFL quarterback next season in our starter Mark Sanchez
    Fixed

Seriously though, anyone who thinks Garrard will be the starter is nuts. The guy tore up his knee playing with his kids in the pool.. Ill repeat that PLAYING IN A POOL.

I don't mind Sanchez playing either. It's a win, win for us. It gives Geno time to develop and if Mark sucks we could get a high pick next year and if he's good we can always hold onto him and trade him like 49ers did Alex Smith (maybe not for 2 2's but something).

Im a huge Sanchez suporter but the kid didn't look nearly as good as Geno in college. Sanchez had wide open receivers, all the time. He also played very low and still had that pump/longish deliver thing going on.

Geno shows much better arm strength, impressive accuracy on deep throws, and a much faster 3/4 release. The guy has ELITE arm talent.

All League
    I think the biggest difference is geno's drive to become better and a higher football IQ than sanchez. That alone should give us more hope

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZCPd5u6f3c

This tape shows the type of throws he can make. I think he's going to have some rough adjustments to the NFL b/c he is so confident in his ability to thread the needle. BUt man, when he wants to, he can certainly put the balll right in the bread basket.

One thing that has been said: He had T.Austin, so that's why he had such good numbers.

Well, the same is true for the opposite. Austin had Geno, and with his accuracy, Austin was able to thrive with the ball after the catch, as was Bailey.
    I was at that game.

COLD as all get out.

The WV defense was non existent and literally Geno kept marching WV down the field and scoring. It was my first experience with Tavon. he was explosive.

Geno and WV scored 40 points plus every week because they had to.

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post

Sanchez has always exhibited good book smarts as well, he just never applied it to the field. Let's hope Geno is different.