Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If the Jets get rid of Mark Sanchez... where does he go?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Jets get rid of Mark Sanchez... where does he go?

To another team to compete for the starting position? Which team? To another team as a backup?

CFL?

Think the Pats would pick him up? (I do, just to pi** off the Jets)

Would do a poll but the possibilities seem endless.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He'll find a place to hold a clipboard for a couple of mil a year and in 2016, on MNF, a starting QB will be down and Sanchez will get the start as a backup (everyone will be like, remember him?), and ESPN will replay the butt-fumble over and over.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 04-29-2013 at 04:35 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't imagine any team being this stupid... but there are still the Bills and Jax.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Who cares?
    As long as it's not here

AND

gone no later than 2014

AND

he never sees the field in a meaningful game until he is sent packing
    Last edited by sg3; 04-29-2013 at 06:39 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anywhere but here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He might be able to get a job in the arena league and if not maybe a local flag football team would take a chance on him...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you say Jim Plunkett?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arizona, Oakland, Houston, Buffalo, Jacksonville. All could take him in as a backup I think.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim Plunkett left a terrible team and reemerged with a good one with great success

the Tiajuana Turnover Machine MADE his team terrible with FIFTY TWO TURNOVERS in his last two seasons with the Jets...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Jim Plunkett left a terrible team and reemerged with a good one with great success

the Tiajuana Turnover Machine MADE his team terrible with FIFTY TWO TURNOVERS in his last two seasons with the Jets...
    LOL.

You do realize that Philip Rivers had almost as many turnovers over that period?

And I would love your thoughts[sarcasm noted] on how he made the O-line among the worst in the league and made the front office get rid of any WR's with talent.

Now Sanchex is bad, but every part of that offense was bad including the O-coordinator.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The CFL, to back up Tebow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    To another team to compete for the starting position? Which team? To another team as a backup?

CFL?

Think the Pats would pick him up? (I do, just to pi** off the Jets)

Would do a poll but the possibilities seem endless.
    My friend keeps telling me that the Jets are going to deal Sanchez to Seattle for a 5th round pick. We would still have to foot 75% of Sanchez's salary this season.

I don't know ehere he heard it. I don't if it is true. He said that deal was going to be done before the draft, but because the 5th was in 2014, Idzik decided to wait.

But I'm a little hesitant about moving Sanchez based on the wrong it may do to the salary cap. I guess if we could have all of the cap implications hit us this season, I would do it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez has the skills to be a good NFL QB.

If/when the Jets get rid of him, he'll find a job as a backup somewhere.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    San Diego or LA provided they get a franchise, so he can work on that "Hollywood" hunk persona he wants more than football

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Giants pick him up. Elli gets hurt in Week 3 and Sanchez leads Giants to a super bowl win over the Pats.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could see the Steelers picking him up. He's actually played well against them in the past and they need a better backup for Ben than an aging Charlie Batch and gimp Leftwich. I'm sure somebody would take a flier. He isn't out of the league bad like Tebow. I mean as a starter he stinks, but as a guy who could play a game or 2 here and there in a pinch, he has shown some competency, certainly more than many other backups.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    My friend keeps telling me that the Jets are going to deal Sanchez to Seattle for a 5th round pick. We would still have to foot 75% of Sanchez's salary this season.

I don't know ehere he heard it. I don't if it is true. He said that deal was going to be done before the draft, but because the 5th was in 2014, Idzik decided to wait.

But I'm a little hesitant about moving Sanchez based on the wrong it may do to the salary cap. I guess if we could have all of the cap implications hit us this season, I would do it.
    If that is true, Idzik should do it immediately before they change their minds. Don't think there is any other market for the guy. And now that we have drafted a QB, we have even less leverage than we did before.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Giants pick him up. Elli gets hurt in Week 3 and Sanchez leads Giants to a super bowl win over the Pats.
    That would be the absolute last time I ever watched an NFL season. Ever.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He belongs on the West Coast, where "no worries, brah," is a viable answer to almost all media questions.