Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If the Jets get rid of Mark Sanchez... where does he go?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Jim Plunkett left a terrible team and reemerged with a good one with great success

the Tiajuana Turnover Machine MADE his team terrible with FIFTY TWO TURNOVERS in his last two seasons with the Jets...
    Worse than that..he consistently missed wide open receivers and or didnt see them at all THEN threw into double coverage.

He will easily find a job as a backup for some team if he can accept a cheap salary. There will be more than one offensive guru that thinks he can turn him around. I hope to heck he does not get released until next year. Idzik, being smart hopefully will keep him around. No reason at all to cut him now if you ask me. Just like he did with Tebow he will hang on to a possible resources and if things go just right he may be able to trade him nest year.

He would get signed by an NFL team for sure. Anywhere but here

Personally I think Sanchez is going to get a chance to win the job starting with OTA's, but he is going to have to be head and shoulders above the rest.

If he's not, he's cut. If he is, he might just get a shot at reclaiming his career.

Our new GM traded for Flynn and drafted Wilson, held on to them both during the year. If Sanchez is costing us millions, he's on the roster if he's one of the top 2 QB's we've got.

I have no problem giving him the shot to play himself into an asset, or maybe something more. Sometimes the lights go off late for QB's. Plunkett and Rich Gannon come to mind.

Not sure he will ever get there, but it would be silly not to let him compete at this point in time.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I suspect that Sanchez will at the very least get a back up job somewhere, becasue some team out there will foolishly believe that they can fix him. And wherever that somewhere is, I hope that he displays his special brand of crappy losing football, just as he did for the Jets over the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckkieB View Post
    I suspect that Sanchez will at the very least get a back up job somewhere, becasue some team out there will foolishly believe that they can fix him. And wherever that somewhere is, I hope that he displays his special brand of crappy losing football, just as he did for the Jets over the last two years.
    someones angry its a team game and easy to blame the qb the oline was bad and i would be suprised if they bring brandon moore back his hips are shot no push at all and the running game suffered these last 2 years because of him

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    LOL.

You do realize that Philip Rivers had almost as many turnovers over that period?

And I would love your thoughts[sarcasm noted] on how he made the O-line among the worst in the league and made the front office get rid of any WR's with talent.

Now Sanchex is bad, but every part of that offense was bad including the O-coordinator.
    Yeah and Rivers has thrown for over 4000 yards a season where MS was below 3000 in two of his 4 seasons.

And I agree that the supporting cast was garbage but the QB can elevate the play of those around him. In our case, he possibly made them worse.

Veteran
    Hopefully a team in another country

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Giants pick him up. Elli gets hurt in Week 3 and Sanchez leads Giants to a super bowl win over the Pats.
    I could actually see that.

Veteran
    OAKLAND

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    Hopefully a team in another country
    No, hopefully a team in the AFC East. We need the wins.

Seriously, I could see Buffalo giving him a shot in competition with Kolb, while Manuel is groomed.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Giants pick him up. Elli gets hurt in Week 3 and Sanchez leads Giants to a super bowl win over the Pats.
    Would be funnier If the Pats win with Tebow being the qb

Based on his maturity level ...i'd say some pop warner team.

I see him staying.. And Geno spending the year as how football used to be .."observing' third sting..

A point was made on the radio this morning that the Jets shouldn't dump him because as QB's sometimes go down in the preseason he might actually have some value....

He should have a chance to win the job..(very short leash)...As much as he sucked last year there were other factors.. Simms and McElroy are outta here..

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    someones angry its a team game and easy to blame the qb the oline was bad and i would be suprised if they bring brandon moore back his hips are shot no push at all and the running game suffered these last 2 years because of him

You're right. I am angry. I'm angry that Mark Sanchez came into the league with poor football instincts, and over a four year span, actually exhibited less and less football instincts. A poor football IQ, a lack of leadership qualities, and no ability to elevate his own play or the players around him, regardless of their talent level. The expectations of a QB drafted #5 were never even close to being realized with Sanchez. For that, we should all be a little angry.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Yeah and Rivers has thrown for over 4000 yards a season where MS was below 3000 in two of his 4 seasons.

And I agree that the supporting cast was garbage but the QB can elevate the play of those around him. In our case, he possibly made them worse.
    and Sanchez career rating 71. Rivers 94. Sanchez threw ball 100 times less than Rivers yet sanchez managed to turn over more, he must be proud..

He will be tebow's back up in the CFL

If the Jets get rid of Mark Sanchez... where does he go?

I'm guessing, home.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Does the Vatican have a NFL team yet?

Someone will take a flyer on Sanchez thinking they can fix him because by the numbers he is not so different from Alex Smith, and everyone knows Sanchez has had terrible coaching.

Smith's per game average after after 5 years/54 games (before Harbaugh):

57% ; 174 yds ; .94 td; .98 int ; .52 fumbles

Sanchez after 4 years/62 games:

55% ; 195 yds ; 1.1 td ; 1.1 int ; .42 fumbles