Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow Released

Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    Hallelujah!!

Veteran

Thumbs up

Damn, that Borgo is on fire

Jets Insider VIP
    Many thanks to Dmitexxi, BigL, Borgo, Jackhuntr and JT for the hilarious work with all the gifs! Truly brought a huge smile to my face. But I have to single out Fish for this masterpiece:

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Meanwhile, in Mission Viejo

As for my feelings on today's events:

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post

Holy Kapow Batman...... borgo has found his thread.

I can't imagine what you will post when REX moves on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sorry if this was already posted, but it was too good not to share if it wasn't yet:

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Holy Kapow Batman...... borgo has found his thread.

I can't imagine what you will post when REX moves on.
    LOL. I already ordered two additional servers in anticipation of Mark's release/trade.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Sorry if this was already posted, but it was too good not to share if it wasn't yet:

That's a first for me. FUKKIN great

Ending on this one. (RIP, Ronnie James.) Have a great night, gents.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmeanie View Post
    I admit, I even made fun of him when Tebow mania hit the media. But the more I heard him speak, the more I liked the guy. I'm not religious at all, but the guy had class and was genuinely humble but with tremendous enthusiasm for the game. I mean the dude was a positive force of nature in the locker room and on the sidelines unlike many players. It was refreshing. He may not have been an elite NFL QB, but the kid had heart. Ya gotta give him that.

I think it sucks that when the Jets FINALLY benched Sanchez - that they didn't at least give Tebow a shot. I believe they were scared that he'd pull another Denver miracle and management was afraid they'd have looked stupid for not putting him in sooner. I really believe that.

I'm a huge Jets fan, but the kid deserved a shot. Not a couple of plays. But a whole game. Especially when the season was lost. The fact that they didnt give him one denied Tebow, but also the fans. i really think hed have played with more heart than any other Jet at the time. I'm happy for Tebow. At least the nightmare is over for him.

Having said that, as a Jets fan, I'll get psyched for the upcoming season...cause that's what fans do. Just had to chime in on the whole Tebow fiasco.

Wish the kid good luck.
    This is false

It was not that the Jets wouldn't give Tebow a shot, when the team was thinking of benching Sanchez, Tebow hurt his ribs, he played one week with the injury, missed two games, but still wasn't healthy until the end of the season.

Why this goes completely unaccounted for, I don't know...

I loved the trade when it was made, it could have worked, but Sparano was the real MESS that happened with this team last year, Sparano and the injuries on offense. Sanchez takes far too much blame.

But Tebow is just not a starting NFL QB, and if not for the media and their TMZ obsession and sensationalistic selfish ratings agenda, it could have worked.

But it was a move that had to happen.

Tim Tebow should have gotten a chance to compete for the starting job in TC.

Originally Posted by greenmeanie
    I admit, I even made fun of him when Tebow mania hit the media. But the more I heard him speak, the more I liked the guy. I'm not religious at all, but the guy had class and was genuinely humble but with tremendous enthusiasm for the game. I mean the dude was a positive force of nature in the locker room and on the sidelines unlike many players. It was refreshing. He may not have been an elite NFL QB, but the kid had heart. Ya gotta give him that.

I think it sucks that when the Jets FINALLY benched Sanchez - that they didn't at least give Tebow a shot. I believe they were scared that he'd pull another Denver miracle and management was afraid they'd have looked stupid for not putting him in sooner. I really believe that.

I'm a huge Jets fan, but the kid deserved a shot. Not a couple of plays. But a whole game. Especially when the season was lost. The fact that they didnt give him one denied Tebow, but also the fans. i really think hed have played with more heart than any other Jet at the time. I'm happy for Tebow. At least the nightmare is over for him.

Having said that, as a Jets fan, I'll get psyched for the upcoming season...cause that's what fans do. Just had to chime in on the whole Tebow fiasco.

Wish the kid good luck.
    Tebow "deserved" a shot? The Jets didn't play him and take advantage of his winning ways for fear of looking stupid? The "nightmare" is over for Tebow?

Get a hold of yourself, man! Tebow deserved and got the same shot everyone else did. Just didn't perform well enough to earn substantial playing time.

And you honestly think the Jets would have let Sanchez stink up the joint all year if they thought Tebow could actually play just to prevent "looking stupid?"

And what kind of nightmare was it for Tebow? Did he make $2.5 million? To barely play. What a nightmare! Poor guy!

Meanwhile, what a great thread. It's not often enough that we Jets fans get a truly gleeful and joyous thing to celebrate together. And the 20+ pages in a day show that the Tebowites were just a very vocal minority here.