Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tebow Released

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Sweet
    GOD BLESS

and a hearty farewell to his JI fanboys on their way to Canada

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Cutting #Tebow will cost the Jets about $1.5 million.

Hearing that Tebow arrived at the #Jets facility this morning for a workout and was informed of the move.

nyjetscap @nyjetscap
    #jets should still owe broncos 1.531 million in cash for Tebow which will still need to be paid

So far the #Jets have paid Revis 1 mil to go away and now 1.5 mil to den for Tebow to go away.

If Tebow is claimed #jets will be off the hook for the money to Denver but there is no chance of that happening

darren rovell @darrenrovell
    Only thing that would make Tim Tebow deal worth the $ the Jets paid would have been jersey sales, but teams split $ 32 ways.
    Last edited by AbstraKt; 04-29-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Jets Insider VIP

Amen!!!

He will be a perfect Montreal Alouette QB.

Jets Insider VIP

All League
    Charter JI Member

To tie into the "Media hates the Jets angle" I just heard a radio guy crush the Jets for releasing him on a Monday morning @ 8 a.m. in the full news cycle instead of a Friday night so the weekend would cause less of a splash.

Jets Insider VIP

All Pro
    Finally!!!!! Goodbye Tebow and Good Riddance Tebow Fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    To tie into the "Media hates the Jets angle" I just heard a radio guy crush the Jets for releasing him on a Monday morning @ 8 a.m. in the full news cycle instead of a Friday night so the weekend would cause less of a splash.
    Schefter on ESPN bemoaning the timing because it will be so hard for him to find a job this time of year

Anybody know how many millions he's gotten so far? Plus what he skims from his "ministry."

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Tim Tebow released by Jets after months of uncertainty | NJ.com

Ending a grand experiment that began more than a year ago but resulted in little productivity on the field, the Jets have released quarterback Tim Tebow, multiple people with knowledge of the situation confirmed.

The people requested anonymity because the Jets have yet to make the move official.

Tebow, 25, came to the Jets after a starlit season in Denver where he led the Broncos to the playoffs and orchestrated one of the most thrilling playoff victories in recent memory.

Under head coach Rex Ryan and new offensive coordinator Tony Sparano, the team was supposedly deep in planning a top-secret Wildcat offense that would showcase Tebow's strengths and force opposing defenses to prepare for two completely different systems.

The result was six completed passes for 39 yards and 32 rushing attempts for 102 yards and no touchdowns. Wide receiver Jeremy Kerley surpassed Tebow's season passing total on one Wildcat play.

As the experiment dwindled, Tebow's frustration grew. He spoke with Ryan about his desire to compete for the starting quarterback role as Sanchez struggled, but was instead bypassed by Greg McElroy, a third-string quarterback who had not been active in an NFL game until Tebow was injured.

"It was just me asking for an opportunity to play the position I love, which is quarterback," Tebow said at the time. "I canít lie about that, I was definitely disappointed. I wanted an opportunity to play quarterback. I wanted to do more out of the Wildcat, so I was disappointed.

"He knew that, he understood the frustration and we talked about it for a while."

Cutting Tebow will cost the Jets a little more than $1.5 million, but will save them the inevitable headache that will come with having a quarterback depth chart six players deep. Following the draft of West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith, the Jets were gearing up for an overflow of quarterbacks heading into the spring and summer workouts.

The news of Tebow's release was first reported by the New York Post.

by Conor Orr

CFL here we come!

All Pro
    Total $ Jets spent on the Tim Tebow experiment? $4,102,000.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Cutting #Tebow will cost the Jets about $1.5 million.
    I love how the media spins it. Actually, cutting Tebow will save the Jets $1 million in 2013. He was due to be a $2.5 million cap hit and now it's $1.5 million. But of course they word it like the Jets will lose money in 2013.

Jets Insider VIP
    Happy Days Are Here Again

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Total $ Jets spent on the Tim Tebow experiment? $4,102,000.
    Total ****s given? 0.

Jets Insider VIP

Banned
    Watch how this is going to be reported. It's going to be reported that cutting Tebow will cost the Jets $1.5 million and they will make it seem like it's additional money when in reality cutting Tebow saves the Jets $1 million this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Tim Tebow released by Jets after months of uncertainty | NJ.com

Ending a grand experiment that began more than a year ago but resulted in little productivity on the field, the Jets have released quarterback Tim Tebow, multiple people with knowledge of the situation confirmed.

The people requested anonymity because the Jets have yet to make the move official.

Tebow, 25, came to the Jets after a starlit season in Denver where he led the Broncos to the playoffs and orchestrated one of the most thrilling playoff victories in recent memory.

Under head coach Rex Ryan and new offensive coordinator Tony Sparano, the team was supposedly deep in planning a top-secret Wildcat offense that would showcase Tebow's strengths and force opposing defenses to prepare for two completely different systems.

The result was six completed passes for 39 yards and 32 rushing attempts for 102 yards and no touchdowns. Wide receiver Jeremy Kerley surpassed Tebow's season passing total on one Wildcat play.

As the experiment dwindled, Tebow's frustration grew. He spoke with Ryan about his desire to compete for the starting quarterback role as Sanchez struggled, but was instead bypassed by Greg McElroy, a third-string quarterback who had not been active in an NFL game until Tebow was injured.

"It was just me asking for an opportunity to play the position I love, which is quarterback," Tebow said at the time. "I canít lie about that, I was definitely disappointed. I wanted an opportunity to play quarterback. I wanted to do more out of the Wildcat, so I was disappointed.

"He knew that, he understood the frustration and we talked about it for a while."

Cutting Tebow will SAVE THE JETS MORE THAN $1.0 million AND A ROSTER SPOT WASTED ON A WORTHLESS TURD. Following the draft of West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith, the Jets were gearing up for an overflow of quarterbacks heading into the spring and summer workouts.

The news of Tebow's release was first reported by the New York Post.

by Conor Orr
    FIXED

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Finally!!!!! Goodbye Tebow and Good Riddance Tebow Fan base.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    As expected, Jets finally released Tim Tebow, per source. He was in Texas last night and didn't make to NYJ facility today.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Tebow met with both Rex Ryan and John Idzik this morning

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz Tebow met with both Rex Ryan and John Idzik this morning at Jets facility and was informed of his release.

Seems MM is making things up?