Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PICK 13- SHELDON RICHARDSON.. VERSATILE 3-4 OR 4-3

For me, this is the best post-draft news yet. The only knock on the Richardson pick was the concern that he might not fit the scheme. Now it looks like the Jets will have a harder time keeping him off the field than finding a place for him on it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Richardson is a freak. Jets fans everywhere are going to love him when they see him play.
    You mean as opposed to just hating him when he was picked as most did?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You mean as opposed to just hating him when he was picked as most did?
    Don't think we hated HIM as much as we, incorrectly assumed, the JETS blew it.

Just a little research tells us Richardson is a good pick. As opposed to previous picks where we had to rely on some research reports and we got VLAD.

I'm excited by what we are seeing.

When I heard Sheldon Richardson's name called, I was a bit dissapointed because I never watched him. When I watched about 1 minute of his tape against South Carolina, I was sold on the pick.

Dude is a freak of nature and I can't believe I actually wanted Jarvis Jones. I see a 4-3 defense forming this year with Mo, Ellis, Richardson, Coples, Davis, Harris, Barnes.

Nobody has to worry about what our defense looks like, Richardson will be on the field somewhere getting after the QB. He will be disruptive and I think our pass rush will be back this year with his presence.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post
    When I heard Sheldon Richardson's name called, I was a bit dissapointed because I never watched him. When I watched about 1 minute of his tape against South Carolina, I was sold on the pick.

Dude is a freak of nature and I can't believe I actually wanted Jarvis Jones. I see a 4-3 defense forming this year with Mo, Ellis, Richardson, Coples, Davis, Harris, Barnes.

Nobody has to worry about what our defense looks like, Richardson will be on the field somewhere getting after the QB. He will be disruptive and I think our pass rush will be back this year with his presence.

Speaking of Ellis... Any one have any word on his play? expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Don't think we hated HIM as much as we, incorrectly assumed, the JETS blew it.

Just a little research tells us Richardson is a good pick. As opposed to previous picks where we had to rely on some research reports and we got VLAD.

I'm excited by what we are seeing.
    He's got a great personality.

Also, I'm not sure if he's an under the radar talent. He was a big time prospect coming out of high school. Top five player nationally. Urban Meyer wanted him at FL, but he picked Mizzou.

All League
    Do have to laugh...

I'm a NY transplant to Mizzou, have been here for 14 yrs now, and a season ticket holder for Mizzou.

I was on here,the board that is, after the pick and later Thursday night, and saw the disappointment and venom at the Richardson pick...whoever was panning this pick WILL be sorry...cause Sheldon is the real deal.

Most of Mizzou's D looked out of place in their first yr of SEC football...but not Richardson. He stepped his game UP, and looked like he was having fun at it too. Personally, I'm tired of seeing picks who excelled at lesser levels of college football drafted by the Jets..this guy was a force in the best conference while being the only guy on the Mizzou D that required any attention.

Jet's fans will LOVE Richardson..cause, HE DON'T STOP PLAYING. His motor has one-speed...ON. His attitude is actually kinda infectious, and I can see him being a vocal leader here.

Jets DL looks Scary Good!

Wilkerson
    Coples
    Ellis
    Richardson
    Harrison
    McDonaugh (udfa)

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    Do have to laugh...

I'm a NY transplant to Mizzou, have been here for 14 yrs now, and a season ticket holder for Mizzou.

I was on here,the board that is, after the pick and later Thursday night, and saw the disappointment and venom at the Richardson pick...whoever was panning this pick WILL be sorry...cause Sheldon is the real deal.

Most of Mizzou's D looked out of place in their first yr of SEC football...but not Richardson. He stepped his game UP, and looked like he was having fun at it too. Personally, I'm tired of seeing picks who excelled at lesser levels of college football drafted by the Jets..this guy was a force in the best conference while being the only guy on the Mizzou D that required any attention.

Jet's fans will LOVE Richardson..cause, HE DON'T STOP PLAYING. His motor has one-speed...ON. His attitude is actually kinda infectious, and I can see him being a vocal leader here.
    Which pro player(s) do you compare him to?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    Do have to laugh...

Good post...Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post

Jets don't have enough 43 DLmen . They don't have any backups if they run a 43. There is no way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    After watching that, have to say I am pretty impressed with this kid. You can tell he believes in himself and his talent. An yes, he does remind me of Big Jinks. One thing for certain he and Rex are going to get along just fine !!!!
    If he starts off as Warren Sapp-like then ends up as Big Jinx 2.0 I'm all for it!! Like those guys he is light on his feet and deceptively quick, he'll catch a lot of guys off guard in the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Jets DL looks Scary Good!

Wilkerson
    Coples
    Ellis
    Richardson
    Harrison
    McDonaugh (udfa)
    Put Garay up there too. He's an effective interior pass rusher as well.