Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mehta miffed so he's making up more BS

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazes me that this guy still has a job. His peers must laugh at him. Well at least the honorable ones.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    What an incredibly unprofessional piece of writing - he actually calls Idzik a bad liar.Idzik has been true to his word - how and why do you call someone a liar who says "one day at a time". That's a benign generic statement. I personally feel Idzik has a done a masterful job in the short term - obviously there is a longterm plan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mehta is an incredibly good liar...constantly making up stuff which turns out to be untrue..

Obviously too lazy to do the hard work of interviewing and reporting he takes the easier route of just making it up...

See his "Tebow was in Texas and not at the Jets facility when he was released today" report today

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is so epically stupid about this crap is that it only takes COMMON SENSE to figure out what the Jets are doing. If manish actually graduated from college he'd know that the Jets had a mess ending this last season. They had players on the roster making way more than they should be, they had very little talent, and they needed to fix a rather deperate cap situation.

But he honestly thinks that John Idzik is going to say, "yeah we suck. We have a bunch of bums on the roster, and we're in cap hell."?

A little lesson for those writers less educated...

He's NOT going to tell the truth about this. WTF do you think Manish?! Did you think he was going to throw his entire team under the bus? For what? So you can right more crap in newspapers or on the internet? So you can instigate more sh*t?

Stop being such an ignoramus, Manish. We all know you have NOTHING to write about, so you are throwing sh*t at a wall and seeing if it sticks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He also said that the Jets were no better after the draft than before it. What a joke. They drafted three of the top 20 picks, got Ivory, and aren't any better? What a bunch of drivel. At least don't insult our intelligence - but you need to have a bit of knowledge of what's going on in order to write a decent article.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    He also said that the Jets were no better after the draft than before it. What a joke. They drafted three of the top 20 picks, got Ivory, and aren't any better? What a bunch of drivel. At least don't insult our intelligence - but you need to have a bit of knowledge of what's going on in order to write a decent article.
    He's a punk.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    You have to LOL as you read the stupidity of his statements and assumptions.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dahfj?u...=new-york-jets

As Geno Smith joins Mark Sanchez, NY Jets GM John Idzik's signals mixed

Although Idzik has been fueled by a big picture plan, he tap-danced around his quarterback mess — the biggest question surrounding the organization — with a myopic 'one day at a time' stance that you know he doesn’t truly believe.

Comments (39)
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 10:12 PM

Updated: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 12:03 PM

John Idzik may have the last laugh years from now if the players he selected in his first draft flourish, but the Jets don’t look any better on paper than they did a week ago.
    The new general manager turned three of the first 39 picks in the NFL draft into only one sure-fire starter (Dee Milliner) this season. He clouded an already chaotic quarterback situation by selecting the polarizing Geno Smith in the second round. He traded away a fourth-round pick for Saints backup running back Chris Ivory before signing him to a three-year contract.
    He added no potential game-changing offensive skill position players to help his quarterback (whoever that may be).
    “We are very sure of this plan,” Idzik said Saturday. “You’ve seen it in work now for three months and that’s going to continue in the future… We feel like we’ve really improved our team, specifically over these last three days.”
    The draft capped a memorable week for Idzik, who made two seismic moves that will impact the future of the franchise. In the span of five days, the new GM traded away one of the best players in team history (Darrelle Revis) and drafted what the organization hopes is the next franchise quarterback.
    RELATED: LUPICA: JETS GM IDZIK CAN SEA FUTURE
    “They were obviously highly visible moves,” Idik said. “They’re big moves for our organization… You’re going to have certain things to react to, certain things to make decisions on and those came about. We felt like we were prepared to do it. Looking back on it, I feel like all things considered, we made the right moves for the New York Jets.”
    Idzik is stubborn, prudent and, as anyone can easily see from press conferences over the weekend, a very bad liar.
    He had systematically gutted the roster of a bad team in the past couple months and patched up the holes with cheap, short-term fixes, scotch tape to hold the fort before he hopes to stock the organization with younger, more talented players in the next few years.
    “He has a long-term plan,” a source familiar with the team’s draft process told the Daily News on Saturday.
    Although Idzik has been fueled by that plan, he danced around his quarterback mess — the biggest question surrounding the organization — with myopic “one day at a time” rhetoric that you know he doesn’t believe.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2RrnUGrUy
    That is very poor journalism. I can't believe any reputable publication would print garbage like that

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    That is very poor journalism. I can't believe any reputable publication would print garbage like that
    A reputable publication didn't print it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the talking heads are being stupider than usual. first off, there's no such thing as a guaranteed rookie starter in the nfl. but the 3 of the first 4 jets picks have excellent chances of making a difference if not starting. and just because the jets traded revis doesn't mean that milliner will step right in. wilson had a good collegiate body of work and he's still figuring things out. if the jets get 4 decent players out of this draft they will have done very well. smith? he seems like a punk. let's hope he channels his attitude into wins.

and i don't go buy the whole passing percentage bs. the nfl is a world against the college game and smith came from wv. not exactly in a real heavy duty division.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    You have to LOL as you read the stupidity of his statements and assumptions.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dahfj?u...=new-york-jets

As Geno Smith joins Mark Sanchez, NY Jets GM John Idzik's signals mixed

Although Idzik has been fueled by a big picture plan, he tap-danced around his quarterback mess — the biggest question surrounding the organization — with a myopic 'one day at a time' stance that you know he doesn’t truly believe.

Comments (39)
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Saturday, April 27, 2013, 10:12 PM

Updated: Sunday, April 28, 2013, 12:03 PM

John Idzik may have the last laugh years from now if the players he selected in his first draft flourish, but the Jets don’t look any better on paper than they did a week ago.
    The new general manager turned three of the first 39 picks in the NFL draft into only one sure-fire starter (Dee Milliner) this season. He clouded an already chaotic quarterback situation by selecting the polarizing Geno Smith in the second round. He traded away a fourth-round pick for Saints backup running back Chris Ivory before signing him to a three-year contract.
    He added no potential game-changing offensive skill position players to help his quarterback (whoever that may be).
    “We are very sure of this plan,” Idzik said Saturday. “You’ve seen it in work now for three months and that’s going to continue in the future… We feel like we’ve really improved our team, specifically over these last three days.”
    The draft capped a memorable week for Idzik, who made two seismic moves that will impact the future of the franchise. In the span of five days, the new GM traded away one of the best players in team history (Darrelle Revis) and drafted what the organization hopes is the next franchise quarterback.
    RELATED: LUPICA: JETS GM IDZIK CAN SEA FUTURE
    “They were obviously highly visible moves,” Idik said. “They’re big moves for our organization… You’re going to have certain things to react to, certain things to make decisions on and those came about. We felt like we were prepared to do it. Looking back on it, I feel like all things considered, we made the right moves for the New York Jets.”
    Idzik is stubborn, prudent and, as anyone can easily see from press conferences over the weekend, a very bad liar.
    He had systematically gutted the roster of a bad team in the past couple months and patched up the holes with cheap, short-term fixes, scotch tape to hold the fort before he hopes to stock the organization with younger, more talented players in the next few years.
    “He has a long-term plan,” a source familiar with the team’s draft process told the Daily News on Saturday.
    Although Idzik has been fueled by that plan, he danced around his quarterback mess — the biggest question surrounding the organization — with myopic “one day at a time” rhetoric that you know he doesn’t believe.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2RrnUGrUy

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I stopped at the part when he said the Jets don't look any better on paper than they did a week ago.

I didn't realize that signing our new #1 back (Ivory) building our offensive line (draft + peterman) drafting 2 consensus top-15 talents (Milliner, Richardson) and adding the best QB in the draft doesn't make you better.

In recent weeks, Cimini has actually starting becoming more respectable by giving real analysis. Manish is still hanging on to the Jets being a circus and will probably do so for as long as he can.

The funny thing is, there was no tap dancing around the QB mess. He said plain and simple that mark would be competing. When asked "Where does Mark fit in to all this" Idzik replied Mark will compete. What does he want him to say?

I'm about to make a Facebook page "Fire Manish Mehta" if there already isn't one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    That right there! So telling. That's what it's about to Manish and the media, laughs!

This is Manish trying to get the first laugh, trying to extend the laughs from last year when the Jets were a confusing mess on offense.

Hey Manish, Idzik and the Jets had a very, very solid draft. I know it stinks for you and you're trying to drag on the drama as long as you can but here are the facts - 1. The Jets acquired talent this weekend, 2. They addressed the QB position in an appropriate and measured way with a 2nd round pick, 3. They have started to trim the roster (Tebow) and may continue to do so. If they keep Sanchez for 2013 then they have some decent competition and options at QB with Garrard, Sanchez and Smith.

The circus is leaving town Manish. I'm sorry you're not going with it.
    + 1

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He probably heard famed comic Rich Eiswine and his three Ed McMahons chortling like hyenas about the Jets on NFLN at the draft and figured he'd go for more LAFFS in his writing for the NY Daily Toilet Roll

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never read an article this guy wrote. I read almost all Jets related anything here and on another forum. Reading what the fans have to say and their insight is much more entertaining and I don`t have to buy The Daily News or NY Post. I do however, get The Bergen Record delivered. I read a few Jets articles there(Pelzman and some female cover the Jets).

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post
    I'm about to make a Facebook page "Fire Manish Mehta" if there already isn't one.
    I'd sign up but it would only give him the attention he is looking for. As long as one person reprints the articles here for laughs and he gets no hits on his site he is losing.