Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on our draft...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    You must be kidding mate. Ivory's a proven commodity in the pro's Michael's a good prospect but let's keep it real here
    Ivory has played in the NFL, but he never even averaged 8 carries a game for a whole season, so he's not really "proven". I like the trade. Trade a 4th for a starter that signs a 3 year deal for a reasonable amount of money is job well done.

Even if Geno doesn't work out, still could be a good draft. If the two 1st rounders work out, the 3rd works out, Ivory is decent and 1 other pick contributes, that's a great draft.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    You must be kidding mate. Ivory's a proven commodity in the pro's Michael's a good prospect but let's keep it real here
    You'll see . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    My definition of a good draft-- 3 solid starters. My definition of a great draft-- 4 solid starters.

Goal is to draft multi year starters that you aren't looking to replace. Don't get carried away with 1st year, think long term.
    If Geno Smith doesn't work out but Milliner, Richardson and Winters are all starters in a year or two, then this draft was a big success.

If Geno Smith is the starting QB of the Jets in 2014, then I'd say only one or two of the other guys in the draft need to really work out. This draft will be considered a success regardless of what happens with other guys if we've found a franchise QB in Round 2.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A- or B+

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I didn't have a job and got all my football knowledge from watching talking heads shows on ESPN and listening to WFAN I would easily give this draft an F-.

But I have a job and a life and know football so B+.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a lot of question about drafting three D-lineman in the past three years, and Rex getting flack for it (although, it has never been determined how influential he was in any/all the picks)
    HOWEVER. We currently have two 1st round picks on the O-line in Ferguson and Mangold, nobody had an issue with Woody at RT (another first rounder), and everyone was screaming for a Guard in the first round, which would have given us again three 1st rounders on O-line.
    Legit question: Why does there never seem to be a problem drafting three o-linemen in the first, but many knickers get in a twist because there has been three drafted in the first?

I understand it has been three years in a row, but that is how trenches are built, and can work for MANY years because of it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Ivory has played in the NFL, but he never even averaged 8 carries a game for a whole season, so he's not really "proven". I like the trade. Trade a 4th for a starter that signs a 3 year deal for a reasonable amount of money is job well done.

Even if Geno doesn't work out, still could be a good draft. If the two 1st rounders work out, the 3rd works out, Ivory is decent and 1 other pick contributes, that's a great draft.
    I agree. I think this draft will go down as one of the better drafts in the last decade and a half for the Jets. Lots of meat and potatoes here in Millner, Richardson, Winters and Bohanon. IF Geno works out, then this draft will be one of the best in Jets history.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Anyone who read my mocks over the past 2-3 months knows I'm a big Bohanon fan.

This kid is going to replace Hilliard and start from Day 1 and make an impact. Damn good lead blocker, excellent receiver out of the backfield, and tough as hell. Offers a good amount of versatility as well. Can line up at TE and in the slot in addition to fullback.

Nice security blanket for Geno.

I'll take that in a 7th round pick over some safety, WR or TE that probably wouldn't even make the final roster.
    Good call; I really like him.