View Poll Results: Should the Jets cut Sanchez?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

60 43.48%
  • No

78 56.52%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cut Sanchez: Yes or No?

Cut Sanchez: Yes or No?

Do you want the Jets to cut Sanchez before the start of the 2013 season?

I voted no, simply because Garrard is fragile and Geno is a rookie. We don't want to force Geno to start if something happens to Garrard. And there really isn't much cap savings to cut him.

If Geno starts off hot and looks like the real deal in camp, I would be ok with cutting sanchez.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I voted no, simply because Garrard is fragile and Geno is a rookie. We don't want to force Geno to start if something happens to Garrard. And there really isn't much cap savings to cut him.

If Geno starts off hot and looks like the real deal in camp, I would be ok with cutting sanchez.
    I'd rather have McElroy on the roster.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    I said yes. I heard the Jets will have an additional total loss of 250K if they cut him vs. keeping him. So let him go and focus on the guys you have and perhaps the circus will be outta here once and for all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Cut...no. Trade...please try.

Garrard, Sanchez and Geno are a good way to approach the season. Sanchez's trade value is almost zero right now. It can really only go up as we approach the season and maybe some other team loses a starting QB to injury.

The writing is on the wall. One way or another he is likely gone soon and Geno Smith will get his opportunity. Let's take comfort in the change that's coming but hold onto Sanchez for now.

Who knows, maybe he has a Week 1 like he did last year and we can trade him for a 3rd rounder?

All Pro
    Yes - if the only reason for keeping him is his guaranteed salary, then there is no reason for keeping him.

No good can come from keeping him around. He's done - bite the bullet and make the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    sanchez may suck, but Mcelroy is talentless.

Jets Insider VIP

McElroy will beat out Suckchez if the competition is fair!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Is McElroy still early enough in his career that we can put him on the Practice Squad?

To me, Tebow and Simms are surefire goners. I think the surefire keepers are Garrard and Geno Smith.

The question is what to do with Sanchez and McElroy. As I stated above, I'd try to trade Mark but wouldn't release him at this point.

Veteran
    I don't want the cap hit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I dont think the Jets cut Sanchez.

New OC, legitimate QB competition, the Jets are on the hook for millions regardless - let Mark battle it out for the job.. Worst case? He continues to look lost and the Jets cut him in camp. Since they are paying him in 2013 anyway, I think they go the Alex Smith route and see if he can resurrect a career left for dead.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I said no because we are not sure of garrards durability or how soon Geno will be ready...if the Jets keep sanchez for another season, it does not hurt them....not sure why everyone is so quick to cut sanchez....they were nto saying that in 2009-10 Training camp and pre season is the real teller...chances are the qb's will be garrard sanchez and smith come september.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Dump him NOW. He is permantley damaged in this town and will never prosper here again. Sanchez leaving rids the Jets of the circus-like atmosphere that the NY media is just drooling over to cover.

Do not cut him.

No huge benefit to dump him now other than some perceived Qb controversy problem. The pluses are that he might show something and we can get an asset for him next year and that fact that Geno Smith needs some grooming and Garrard is injury prone.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckkieB View Post
    Dump him NOW. He is permantley damaged in this town and will never prosper here again. Sanchez leaving rids the Jets of the circus-like atmosphere that the NY media is just drooling to cover.
    Nope, thats Rex.

Jets Insider VIP
    sanchez may suck, but Mcelroy is talentless.
    wow ! What tremendous insight you have offered us. Please list your credentials and experience to have allowed you to quickly make such a great and thorough opinion about McElroy. I think we have found our next GM.

Hall Of Fame
    exactly....makes the best sense.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I dont think the Jets cut Sanchez.

New OC, legitimate QB competition, the Jets are on the hook for millions regardless - let Mark battle it out for the job.. Worst case? He continues to look lost and the Jets cut him in camp. Since they are paying him in 2013 anyway, I think they go the Alex Smith route and see if he can resurrect a career left for dead.

I voted no simply because I want to see the 2013 season with the Jets NOT winning a game. Chances are much better if Sanchez plays.

Hall Of Fame
    we all know that smith is the future but this talk as if sanchez is the worst qb in history is idiotic....he sure as heck is not the jets future but I look closely at what he has had the past 2 seasons....NOTHING.......if he stays and plays decent then it's possible trade bait....to cut him now without seeing him play with a real RB in Ivory and a much better o line in senseless.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Do not cut him.

No huge benefit to dump him now other than some perceived Qb controversy problem. The pluses are that he might show something and we can get an asset for him next year and that fact that Geno Smith needs some grooming and Garrard is injury prone.
    Bingo.

Sanchez isn't good, but he did win 6 games with zero talent around him. Garrard and Geno Smith have question marks as you stated. There are risks with those two guys.....at least we know what we have in Sanchez. He's not good, but he's not a trainwreck.....well, maybe sometimes.

You don't dump him because the media thinks you should. You don't dump him because there's a perceived QB controversy. You do what's best for your football team and right now that is keeping him. Let Training Camp unfold and watch the competition take place.