Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: my best friend is going away...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post

Dear old Jethrow is a short timer, back legs don't work right anymore, so we are just babying him along for our own selfish enjoyment, which is OK, it's a pets life.
    have you tried glucosomine for his hind legs? i don't know how far along he is, but we used it for a couple years on two of our dogs and they went from limping to straight up.

but if it is really close to the end, probably wouldn't help much.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    have you tried glucosomine for his hind legs? i don't know how far along he is, but we used it for a couple years on two of our dogs and they went from limping to straight up.

but if it is really close to the end, probably wouldn't help much.
    Maybe fish oil as well?

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post

We lost our 17 year old Jack Russell Pete today. I've been dreading this day for years. Out of all the dogs we had, he was pretty much "my dog". A real character that me me laugh every day.

He just ran out of gas - didn't suffer, just got weak and lost weight - couldn't walk anymore. He was fine when he was laying down and he had a great day today. Slept in the yard on a perfect spring day today with sunshine, a nice breeze and birds chirping. I pet him and talked to him all day. It was a beautiful, terrible day.

I was hoping he'd pass here, but he didn't and we took him to the vet where he passed without a peep. I realize we were blessed to have him for seventeen years, but I'm really going to miss him. He was my main man.
    Just saw this. My condolences. 17 years is a LONG time, you were lucky. Nice pic.