Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: my best friend is going away...

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    Took her to the appointment today at 3:20 pm she was prepped for surgery by 3:40 pm.
    Get a call around 4:30 that she was barely hanging on and to make preparations. On my way back to vet in between crying like a *****, said a little prayer and settled on the fact that no matter what i loved her and cared for her. At that point it was in gods hands. Back at the vet at about 5:30 pm. Nurse comes out and tells me she pulled threw it. Not only was Her uterus was removed completely, but they found some polyps in the surrounding area and removed those as well, gave her all her shots, and even trimmed her nails! All this for only $200.

A sincere thank you to all of you for help, thoughts, and prayers. I knew that if i reached out to my jetinsider brothers/sisters something good would come of it.
    It's U-T-E-R-US, Neev.

We were here for you. Now, the pizza.

Took her to the appointment today at 3:20 pm she was prepped for surgery by 3:40 pm.
    Get a call around 4:30 that she was barely hanging on and to make preparations. On my way back to vet in between crying like a *****, said a little prayer and settled on the fact that no matter what i loved her and cared for her. At that point it was in gods hands. Back at the vet at about 5:30 pm. Nurse comes out and tells me she pulled threw it. Not only was Her uterus was removed completely, but they found some polyps in the surrounding area and removed those as well, gave her all her shots, and even trimmed her nails! All this for only $200.

A sincere thank you to all of you for help, thoughts, and prayers. I knew that if i reached out to my jetinsider brothers/sisters something good would come of it.
    Awesome news!!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    It's U-T-E-R-US, Neev.

We were here for you. Now, the pizza.
    Lol thought i spelled it correctly. Youtube is awesome because i got to see how the surgery is performed and its truly amazing what a skilled vet can do...

Jets Insider VIP
    W00t! Glad to hear the good news, buddy!

All Pro
    my dad said to always ask for the parts when work was done...

wait a minim....

he meant the mechanic....

Great news about the puggy!

southside can ditch the raincoats!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    W00t! Glad to hear the good news, buddy!
    Thanks jetworks, please spay or neuter your pets early to avoid a situation like i did guys!

Leasing pets might be a better option.

That way, you get to trade your pet in every three years for a new pet.

You get a new pet, you never have to deal with expensive veterinary bills, there are always people out there looking for a pet, and you don't have to foot the depreciation expense.

Leasing pets is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Express View Post
    Leasing pets might be a better option.

That way, you get to trade your pet in every three years for a new pet.

You get a new pet, you never have to deal with expensive veterinary bills, there are always people out there looking for a pet, and you don't have to foot the depreciation expense.

Leasing pets is the way to go.

Jets Insider VIP
    Thanks jetworks, please spay or neuter your pets early to avoid a situation like i did guys!
    I did. Now I pay $30 a month to give my dog medication for incontinence.

Still, I'd rather that than to have to share an ordeal like yours, so good point.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®

Wow. Glad it turned out well. Only $200? That's a steal. You should send over a box of donuts or something to their office.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Wow. Glad it turned out well. Only $200? That's a steal. You should send over a box of donuts or something to their office.
    Not donuts unfortunately lol, but i did manage to buy some scrub tops for the ladies there. I did not know who did the surgery tho.

Hall Of Fame

We lost our 17 year old Jack Russell Pete today. I've been dreading this day for years. Out of all the dogs we had, he was pretty much "my dog". A real character that me me laugh every day.

He just ran out of gas - didn't suffer, just got weak and lost weight - couldn't walk anymore. He was fine when he was laying down and he had a great day today. Slept in the yard on a perfect spring day today with sunshine, a nice breeze and birds chirping. I pet him and talked to him all day. It was a beautiful, terrible day.

I was hoping he'd pass here, but he didn't and we took him to the vet where he passed without a peep. I realize we were blessed to have him for seventeen years, but I'm really going to miss him. He was my main man.

Sorry Timmy. He looks like he was a good friend. You did right by him by the sounds of it. My sympathies.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post

We lost our 17 year old Jack Russell Pete today. I've been dreading this day for years. Out of all the dogs we had, he was pretty much "my dog". A real character that me me laugh every day.

He just ran out of gas - didn't suffer, just got weak and lost weight - couldn't walk anymore. He was fine when he was laying down and he had a great day today. Slept in the yard on a perfect spring day today with sunshine, a nice breeze and birds chirping. I pet him and talked to him all day. It was a beautiful, terrible day.

I was hoping he'd pass here, but he didn't and we took him to the vet where he passed without a peep. I realize we were blessed to have him for seventeen years, but I'm really going to miss him. He was my main man.
    Dam bro im so sorry for your loss. I really believe that as long as we keep the people/pets in our hearts and minds they never are truly gone. One of the toughest parts will be washing away the final moment and keeping all the great ones. Godspeed my friend...

That sucks Timmy.... 17 years is a long life.. and judging by the pictures Pete spent much of it in a canine paradise. They provide us so much joy while they're here, but damn, when they depart it certainly is tough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Can't they just remove her uterus?

Hall Of Fame
    Sorry to hear about Pete. 17 years is a damn good life. You took great care of him.

Bewildered Beast
    Ohh Tim

Words fail me

Bewildered Beast
    Dam bro im so sorry for your loss. I really believe that as long as we keep the people/pets in our hearts and minds they never are truly gone. One of the toughest parts will be washing away the final moment and keeping all the great ones. Godspeed my friend...
    +1 perfect

Hall Of Fame
    Thanks for the kind words guys.

I have to say that if there's a silver lining to this ordeal, it's that the ax isn't hanging over my head anymore. I've been looking at him and worrying about losing him for a while.

We've lost three dogs in the last year and a half, all about his age. It feels weird not to have a really old dog. We got a rescue pup in December because we knew this day was coming and we didn't want our other dog to be alone.

The start of a new era.

Again, thanks.