Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my best friend is going away...

All League

my best friend is going away...

Ten year old pug that i found in a blizzard where i grew up in north newark in 2002. Has never left my side thru it all and can honestly say that she is the best dog i ever had. Right now she is in the early stages of a prolapsed uterus. Im trying to find a way financially but its proving to be very difficult. Your thoughts/prayers or insight is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    Ten year old pug that i found in a blizzard where i grew up in north newark in 2002. Has never left my side thru it all and can honestly say that she is the best dog i ever had. Right now she is in the early stages of a prolapsed uterus. Im trying to find a way financially but its proving to be very difficult. Your thoughts/prayers or insight is greatly appreciated.
    based on this article the treatment is spaying the dog...is it more complicated then that? what is the cost of fixing the issue?

http://www.vetinfo.com/uterine-prolapse-dogs.html

You have both my thoughts and prayers. We are also animal lovers and have lost numerous pets over the years to disease and/or old age. You best gal is 10 years old. Getting old for a pug. Realizing it is the end is the ultimate human kindness one can give a companion. She can't do it for herself and is relying on you to do the right thing. As much as you want to spend money to prolong the inevitable, don't do it. Not just because it's a financial hardship to you, but what does she really gain as to quality of life? It's time to let her go. It's the sad reality of pet ownership, we generally outlive them. I feel your pain. It's NEVER easy. Take solace in the time you've given her. Sorry for your ultimate loss.

Edit. By all means, if it's in the very early stages such that spaying is a cure, do it immediately.

Prolapsed uterus would be a great name for a band.

Beside's that though....thoughts and prayers. The little buggers work their way into your heart don't they?

Hall Of Fame
    sorry to hear.

wife and i came very close to putting down our 17 year old Jack Russell this afternoon. she wants to give it one more night. i haven't had a lot of tragedy in my life besides being a Jets fan, so this is as bad as it gets for me.

and I certainly understand finances and vets. just do all you can, your pet understands. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    based on this article the treatment is spaying the dog...is it more complicated then that? what is the cost of fixing the issue?

http://www.vetinfo.com/uterine-prolapse-dogs.html
    If that's what it is:

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/spayneuter/

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post

and I certainly understand finances and vets. just do all you can, your pet understands.
    His dog understands the budget? Or just money in general.

Agree to disagree on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post

don't be a dick, not in this thread.

consider this your last warning.

Hall Of Fame

it's a jewish dog

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    You have both my thoughts and prayers. We are also animal lovers and have lost numerous pets over the years to disease and/or old age. You best gal is 10 years old. Getting old for a pug. Realizing it is the end is the ultimate human kindness one can give a companion. She can't do it for herself and is relying on you to do the right thing. As much as you want to spend money to prolong the inevitable, don't do it. Not just because it's a financial hardship to you, but what does she really gain as to quality of life? It's time to let her go. It's the sad reality of pet ownership, we generally outlive them. I feel your pain. It's NEVER easy. Take solace in the time you've given her. Sorry for your ultimate loss.

Edit. By all means, if it's in the very early stages such that spaying is a cure, do it immediately.
    Ya I agree, I had a dog three years old and she hurt her paw, knowing the end would eventually come, we put her down.

Neev's, if you can afford and the animal is not in pain then get what you and the dog can out of each other, a week, a month, a year, just make sure the dog is not in pain. once the dog is in pain you have to put her down.

All League
    sorry to hear.

wife and i came very close to putting down our 17 year old Jack Russell this afternoon. she wants to give it one more night. i haven't had a lot of tragedy in my life besides being a Jets fan, so this is as bad as it gets for me.

and I certainly understand finances and vets. just do all you can, your pet understands. good luck.

Im really trying. I spent alot of time on the phone and posting stuff to sell on craigslist in hopes of getting the money i need together in time for whatever happens.

it's a jewish dog
    Hebrew National?

and dont be a dick, not in this tread.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Thank you sir im putting the call in now

Im really trying. I spent alot of time on the phone and posting stuff to sell on craigslist in hopes of getting the money i need together in time for whatever happens.
    I know you want to do everything you can but sometimes you just cant. Not all the money in the world can fix some problems when it comes to health. It sucks but its all part of owning a dog. Sounds like you guys have a great relationship...he is a lucky dog to have such a caring owner.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Prolapsed cerebelums.

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Prolapsed cerebelums.

-
    Maybe you didn't get the word.

We're not being dicks in this thread.

All League
    I know you want to do everything you can but sometimes you just cant. Not all the money in the world can fix some problems when it comes to health. It sucks but its all part of owning a dog. Sounds like you guys have a great relationship...he is a lucky dog to have such a caring owner.

Yea whenever i have a $hitty day all it takes to change it was just going outside and playing fetch with her... the little things you know

Yea whenever i have a $hitty day all it takes to change it was just going outside and playing fetch with her... the little things you know
    Absolutley...unconditional love. Always there for you. Dogs are the best. Heart-wrenching to have to deal with serious health problems though. I feel your pain. Just do the best you can. The outcome isn't always in your hands my friend.

this guy gets it.

Jets Insider VIP

Yeah, go to the Jason Collins thread if you're looking for dicks.