Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: my best friend is going away...

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    It's gotta be more than 10 times now that green has failed with the ole Statue of Liberty / rectum / colonoscopy jokes! Like usual it just blows up in his face.
    /stripsearch/ is the term the judges (lolpun) were looking for.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I hate these threads.

Sincere thoughts are with neevs and Timmy, and their little friends.
    my jack russell from a breeder; a Fancypants had to take a job overseas and we got this dog for 9 years. She would race me" when I would do windsprints; watching her slow down was brutal; she developed dementia and then her lungs filled with fluid. I never got the proer chance to say goodbye; she was with my MIL.

Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 04-29-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Gallow's humor.

Its how I handle the **** hand life gives out sometimes.
    blame Fishstix...I hear he deals them out a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Age shouldn't matter, vets are listed who will spay your dog for very little money. It's a great program.
    I had my dog spayed when I was broke right outta college making next to nothing.
    Went to a low cost clinic and had her spayed for $90. They charged more by weight and my girl is ~100lbs (this was 8years ago)

Here's a link to a low cost Florida clinic if the ASPCA doesn't work out for you, looks like a bit of a drive for you but she's worth every bit of it.
    http://www.awacf.org/home.html
    If they can't do it, maybe they can hook you up to somewhere that can.

Best wishes to you and your pup Neevs. I can't even talk or think about those nevitable days in my life to come. When people ask me how long Alaskan Malamutes live, I just tell them forever and change the subject.

If anyone else is ever looking for low cost pet care, please google "Animal Alliance" and your state or city and you can often find links to take care of your furry friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    when mine goes down this week he'll be the third dog we've had die of old age in the last year and a half. it sucks, TERRIBLY, but your body goes into self defense mode to protect itself. you'll get through it. i find myself asking why I'm not more distraught when going through it, and feel guilty.
    Damn! I'm sorry man! Don't beat yourself up tho, everyone has to figure their own ways to cope. You're just stronger than most.

Bewildered Beast
    Look if you wish to make your dog happy, play this with them watching. It entertained me for two years; impressive.

It starts at 1:50

bonus points if you have surround sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmr3FTQYiKk
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 04-29-2013 at 10:36 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I had my dog spayed when I was broke right outta college making next to nothing.
    Went to a low cost clinic and had her spayed for $90. They charged more by weight and my girl is ~100lbs (this was 8years ago)

Here's a link to a low cost Florida clinic if the ASPCA doesn't work out for you, looks like a bit of a drive for you but she's worth every bit of it.
    http://www.awacf.org/home.html
    If they can't do it, maybe they can hook you up to somewhere that can.

Best wishes to you and your pup Neevs. I can't even talk or think about those nevitable days in my life to come. When people ask me how long Alaskan Malamutes live, I just tell them forever and change the subject.

If anyone else is ever looking for low cost pet care, please google "Animal Alliance" and your state or city and you can often find links to take care of your furry friends.

Found a low cost clinic already. Now its a matter of coming up with the money for bloodwork and the surgery if she is eligible for it.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    When our dog died years ago the kids were 6 and 10, I built a pine box for the dog and buried the dog in the woods on our property with stone marker. It helped with the closure and all of us cried. Dogs are family and when they are gone we lose something forever.
    +1

Definitely helps with the grieving/healing process. even more so for kids, id imagine its easier for them to understand than the old "Fido has gone to a farm" BS.

Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    Found a low cost clinic already. Now its a matter of coming up with the money for bloodwork and the surgery if she is eligible for it.
    Keep us posted, we'll keep pulling for you and your girl.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Keep us posted, we'll keep pulling for you and your girl.
    Will do thanks to every body i appreciate the support

Prayers for your pup.

My wife and I got our Shepherd almost 2 years ago to the day, and he's 4 1/2 now. I work from home most days, so I see him more than any other living creature most days.... I can't imagine someday him not being around, and I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that when his time comes, I'll be bawling like a baby.

Its a tough call, weighing their future health, comfort and quality of life vs. the cost. It sounds like the Hampurites have you pointed in the right direction. Everyone's pulling for you and your pup.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    The question is how to do it tho bro. Do i rehearse the inevitable or do i just speak from the heart
    I'd cheat and do some internet research first. You may find a better way to tell them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Losing a pet sucks. My border collie had to be put down a couple of years ago and I wept like Timmy after he lost the Jets / dolphins bet.

Jets Insider VIP
    My dog started peeing blood once several years back. He had bladder stones. Surgery cost $1600 they originally said $2200! It got him another 4 years or so. I had to put him down in October 2011, he was 14. Never easy, they are family.

I had to put my dog down on Valentines Day. Sad day.

However, I have human friends as well.

What's the apprx cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Express View Post

welcome back!

It's like the saddest thing to lose a dog. They become sometimes more than family. I really wish you the best of luck with her.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Express View Post

Lucky bastard. You shouldn't brag about it though.