Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dee Milliner is a baaaaaaddd maannnn!!

Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    But Mayock said he can't catch
    Yeah then he rolled out a 3 minute clip of all of Geno's bad throws because the Jets drafted him. BAD PICK! If the eagles drafted him it would have been a steal. Joke.

Jets Insider VIP
    I saw that earlier. The guy is a freak. Nice pick.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    I really like this kid's talent, he's a freak ... but five surgeries in a college career including two shoulder surgeries ? Me thinks he will not endure the attrition, the physical punishment, at the NFL level,.I see a short career for this kid, but I am hoping I am wrong ...
    Despite that he only missed one game and his coach said he could have played. He sat out in a game against a powder puff team the could beat without him. 5 surgeries but only missing one game in 3 years changes the notion he's not going to play.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    shein got owned today from one of the commentators from WFAN....Shein dogged sanchez and said his attitude affected the locker room in 2012....the other dude said...say what you want about sanchez playing last year, but don't say crap about his attitidue in the locker room....other announcer almost started laughing...shein had no response.

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    But Adam Schein said he had 5 surgeries and the pick was a disaster

Hall Of Fame
    I know....lol

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    B-but he drops balls or something and we needed an offensive player.

How stupid are these ignorant phucks who will say any bullsh*t to bash the Jets and Rex Ryan? I've actually been hearing over the week the criticism that Millner, a Corner, drops too many interceptions? Seriously that has to be the dumbest 15 year old loser who does nothing but play Madden argument. These people on the radio should friggin kill themselves they are so dumb and can't get laid.

that's pretty impressive.

Hall Of Fame
    he missed a whopping ONE game......that surgery nonsense was waaaaay over blown.....did anyone wonder why it was not made a real issue up until the draft.....we got a player people.

I really like this kid's talent, he's a freak ... but five surgeries in a college career including two shoulder surgeries ? Me thinks he will not endure the attrition, the physical punishment, at the NFL level,.I see a short career for this kid, but I am hoping I am wrong ...

How stupid are these ignorant phucks who will say any bullsh*t to bash the Jets and Rex Ryan? I've actually been hearing over the week the criticism that Millner, a Corner, drops too many interceptions? Seriously that has to be the dumbest 15 year old loser who does nothing but play Madden argument. These people on the radio should friggin kill themselves they are so dumb and can't get laid.
    no need to drag southside into this

I don't know what any of this means but it looked badass

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I saw that earlier. The guy is a freak. Nice pick.
    +1 This dude is the real deal.

Remember Revis wasn't Revis Island till Rex replaced Mangini who originally drafted Revis.

Hall Of Fame
    dude you just made a great point....I am also a college football junkie and saw Revis when he was at Pitt.....he was solid but I did NOT envision him to be the player he was when he got to the jets...also saw alot of milliner in college...as solid as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    +1 This dude is the real deal.

Remember Revis wasn't Revis Island till Rex replaced Mangini who originally drafted Revis.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    dude you just made a great point....I am also a college football junkie and saw Revis when he was at Pitt.....he was solid but I did NOT envision him to be the player he was when he got to the jets...also saw alot of milliner in college...as solid as they come.
    Revis was good his rookie year but had a few bad flaws in his game which he completely corrected his second-third year

Thing is he is a real technician and studies wr tendencies - it really was revis' mind and attention to detail that set him apart. There r plenty of CB great athletes

All Pro

I had to laugh on the NFL network when the moment they announced this pick Mayock starting showing clips of Milliner dropping passes at the combine. He's a CB, and not a WR, for a reason. Needless to say, great hands is one of the least important characteristics for a cornerback, but Mayock led with this. They probably had an all-positive highlight reel at the ready for if the Steelers, Green Bay or San Francisco picked him, though.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    NICE!

Thanks for the vid....awesome, cant wait to see him this year!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Favorite part of the draft was someone here who with the pick posted:

WHO?

Time to go home if that was your post.

i am stuggling to think of the last corner to come out of college football with his ball and tackling skills. Especialy as far as tackling, i cant remember the last CB that could lay the wood like he can.

He's had 5 MINOR surgeries. He also PLAYED, at a HIGH LEVEL, with a torn Labrum.

I think he will be JUST fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    no need to drag southside into this
    I thought he's got a bed full of Asian hotties rubbing his tummy and feeding him olives and wine?

Milliner is the real deal and considering we played without Revis for about 85% of our snaps last year I'd say our secondary is upgraded.

He is a top 5 talent that fell to us at #9. I'm not nervous at all about his transition to the next level because he has such tremendous athleticism and awareness. Plus, he can play straight man-to-man or zone. When he's playing zone he also lays out some big hits to try to knock the ball loose. Other thing, he can get off a block to hit or at least slow the RB. Very aggressive player, solid pick at #9 overall.

On a side note: I read that Most GMs had Milliner among their top 3 defensive players in the entire draft. Can't argue with taking a talented player who looks to have a bright future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    He's had 5 MINOR surgeries. He also PLAYED, at a HIGH LEVEL, with a torn Labrum.

I think he will be JUST fine.
    A torn labrum for a CB is a big ZERO. And he only missed one game in college due to an injury (strained hip flexor) and that was against Western Kentucky. I bet if that week they played LSU he would have found a way to suit up.