Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dee Milliner is a baaaaaaddd maannnn!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    chance of Milliner being anywhere close to Revis ... .1%
    It will be probably a decade before the NFL sees another Revis. Jets cant replace Revis. But we have 2 very good corners now, Milliner is physical freak at his position. He is more of a woodson type player who can come up on blitz and knock out qb.

All League
    This got me a bit (very) excited. Thanks for posting.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Players have college surgeries and perservere in the NFL, won't be the first time, look no further than players like Frank Gore and Willis McGahee

Milliner had minor surgeries, he will only get stronger and possibly even more athletic due to that strength while in an NFL training program.
    A rod in his tibia due to a "tibial stress fracture" doesn't seem minor to me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyeffinjetsfan View Post
    A rod in his tibia due to a "tibial stress fracture" doesn't seem minor to me.
    well he played with it last year and did well.

All League
    pretty excited now

Veteran
    That's great and I hope he does great for us, but what is scary is at 1:37 they talk about changing direction he plants his left foot at 4g's and 785 lbs of force. It's a torn ACL waiting to happen.

All Pro
    His athleticism is off the charts. He's strong. He tackles. He seems to enjoy stuffing the run.

The only hole in his game is hands... If he is as good as we hope he is, he won't have to worry about catching anything because nobody will throw his way.

Quote Originally Posted by jackhuntr View Post
    That's great and I hope he does great for us, but what is scary is at 1:37 they talk about changing direction he plants his left foot at 4g's and 785 lbs of force. It's a torn ACL waiting to happen.
    Funny, i was thinking the same thing when i watched that video, but I would assume that just about every top notch RB/CB has the same amount of force when they cut.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    But Mayock said he can't catch
    like the old saying goes.... thats why he plays defense, because he cant catch.

If he could catch he would be a WR.

Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    But Mayock said he can't catch
    Thereby ending the great CB experiment of 2013.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    like the old saying goes.... thats why he plays defense, because he cant catch.

If he could catch he would be a WR.
    We should have drafted a WR and just converted HIll to DB.

At absolute best we have another Revis. At worst we have a solid corner for the next 10 years. Milner is probably somewhere in between. Rex will make good use of him. I see our defense upgraded from last season except one safety position. Our offense cant help but be better. Jets will be in a lot of games next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I don't have a problem with the pick or the player, but I would've preferred a guard. IMO, it was more of a position of need.

That's why they don't play WR, amirite?

I had a torn labrum and a hernia. Nothing remotely minor about the recovery from them. Maybe they're minor for the guy performing them, but they aren't a picnic, trust me.
    And if WRs could tackle they'd play corner, amiright

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    My dog knows more about the NFL than Adam Schein. Literally.
    Shein is a joke. The man OVERREACTS TO EVERY SINGLE THING. He either OVERRATES badly, UNDERRATES badly, is LOYAL and brags about to failed things and tears down things that should be propped up. If he wasn't on almost every SNY Jets show, I would gladly ignore not care about anything he said. I am forced to because I watch all those shows. And he wears thin on me when he starts whining up the wrong tree.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    Shein is a joke. The man OVERREACTS TO EVERY SINGLE THING. He either OVERRATES badly, UNDERRATES badly, is LOYAL and brags about to failed things and tears down things that should be propped up. If he wasn't on almost every SNY Jets show, I would gladly ignore not care about anything he said. I am forced to because I watch all those shows. And he wears thin on me when he starts whining up the wrong tree.
    QFT!

He completely overreacted on the Winters pick and misquoted Tony Pauline during the SNY draft show the other night..

Tony liked the Winters pick and player saying "Winters is Slauson squared but BETTER"...

Schein then goes off on a tangent later ripping the pick and saying (paraphrasing) "We've seen the Slauson story before and we don't like it"...

SNY completely misuses Tony during the draft...They give the two stooges (Lucas and Schein) 90% of the air time and let them talk about players when neither watch more than 5 minutes of You Tube clips on the players..

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    QFT!

He completely overreacted on the Winters pick and misquoted Tony Pauline during the SNY draft show the other night..

Tony liked the Winters pick and player saying "Winters is Slauson squared but BETTER"...

Schein then goes off on a tangent later ripping the pick and saying (paraphrasing) "We've seen the Slauson story before and we don't like it"...

SNY completely misuses Tony during the draft...They give the two stooges (Lucas and Schein) 90% of the air time and let them talk about players when neither watch more than 5 minutes of You Tube clips on the players..
    The two of them are painful to listen to in any context, but when it comes to the draft you can tell that Lucas doesn't even bother to watch Youtube clips, he will just bash the pick for the sake of bashing.

You would never hear any of those two clowns make an intelligent assessment like"
    "Geno was a great college QB that is a hard worker and athletic, but he needs to work on his consistency before we can determine if he will be an elite NFL QB" Instead its "Blah blah, Sanchez, blah blah, Tebow, blah blah Rex Ryan."

The people that run that show should realize that JETS fans watch that show. While some harsh criticism is acceptable and deserved (especially after this past year) no Jets fans want to tune in on a Sunday night in May to hear them bash everyone.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Where are all the people saying we should have taken a Guard over this guy?
    I was one of them, thinking the Jets needed to plug 2 starter's in the lineup for the Guard spot - I thought Kyle could get a bit better than his first 3 years in the league and perhaps become a very good corner. I didn't count that this guy could be an elite prospect in the NFL. Clearly he has the athleticism, but what separates Revis from everyone else is his study habits in opponents and his strength at the LOS. Not saying that Milliner has to have the same traits to be elite b/c there are different ways of doing so; just admitting that at the time I didn't take that into consideration at pre-draft postings.

Yup, I was wrong.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    I was one of them, thinking the Jets needed to plug 2 starter's in the lineup for the Guard spot - I thought Kyle could get a bit better than his first 3 years in the league and perhaps become a very good corner. I didn't count that this guy could be an elite prospect in the NFL. Clearly he has the athleticism, but what separates Revis from everyone else is his study habits in opponents and his strength at the LOS. Not saying that Milliner has to have the same traits to be elite b/c there are different ways of doing so; just admitting that at the time I didn't take that into consideration at pre-draft postings.

Yup, I was wrong.
    Wasnt just you, a lot of people around here were over reacting to the first round selections. Once you look at the total draft and now hear that Coples is going to move to OLB, the whole plan makes a lot more sense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Wasnt just you, a lot of people around here were over reacting to the first round selections. Once you look at the total draft and now hear that Coples is going to move to OLB, the whole plan makes a lot more sense.
    That's why jumping to conclusions is the favorite exercise of the board know-it-alls..

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post

Yup, I was wrong.
    It doesn't mean you are wrong...Tony Pauline reported Cooper was to be the pick at #9...