Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imagine if Geno were Blond and Blue Eyed...

I think this is beyond making sh*t up. Talk about ridiculous.

His color is completely irrelevant. Just because you would like to make it an issue, doesn't mean it will become one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I think this is beyond making sh*t up. Talk about ridiculous.

His color is completely irrelevant. Just because you would like to make it an issue, doesn't mean it will become one.
    It never ceases to amaze me how relevant people make color while telling others it shouldn't be relevant . . .

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Jim Brown, the greatest RB to ever play the game, knows a thing or two about racism. He says there's no racism here:

“I don’t think there’s any racial overtones or anything like that,’’ said Brown. ‘I think it’s simply a matter of this is a year that a lot of people have decided on their quarterbacks.

“I look for everything but that because I find it’s too easy to fall back on that,’’ Brown said of the race factor. “And I also find that could be a trap. Just because you’re African American doesn’t mean that you did the right thing and just because you’re African American doesn’t mean you did the wrong thing.’’

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...emJUemn4kJQcqL

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how relevant people make color while telling others it shouldn't be relevant . . .
    What does that mean?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    What does that mean?
    the same thing you said.

All Pro
    He's seems very articulate, and uses proper grammar. I Haven't heard anyone talk about the way he speaks except that idiot that was angry about him being polite. In fact RG3 was bashed for speaking too well, and Geno might be too.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    If Mark Sanchez or Tebow were black we'd all be bigots.

Doesn't really freaking matter what anyone says. He's now going to get his shot, sooner or later, to start for the NY Jets. All that matters is what he does with that.

That does't mean people shouldn't be able to criticize a black quarterback and that if you do it's all racism. Personally I think he's missing the killer instinct in his eyes and looks lackadaisical and timid with the football in his hands. I always looked for this whether the QB was white or black. You gotta have that ice cold stare and a sharpshooter's eye and I just don't see it.

Matt Barkley gets criticized for being a USC QB and being soft and slipped even further. I honestly feel Geno will be soft too and it feels about right where he got picked.
    You do, in fact know that Sanchez is Hispanic don't you. You big racist. You're so racist that you don't even know it. You may very well be homophobic as well, but we don't know that yet.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

The Jets have never had a black kicker. Racist organization.

SAR I

Dumbest thread ever. Dump

imagine if 32green wuz black.

Woah.

I know

I just blew your mind.

Deal with it.

Brah.

Imagine if Geno had Dan Marino's throwing mechanics... Imagine if Geno was as accurate and had the timing of Joe Montana... Imagine if Geno had the leadership qualities of Rodger Staubach. Imagine if Geno was RG3 with a sound knee...

Imagine a thread about Geno as a pro-football franchise QB based on any of the above. Nice value pick, only if he's a nice NFL QB. I hope so but I wouldn't bet on it.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 04-30-2013 at 09:26 AM.

All Pro
    I'm just imagining Geno with blue eyes and blond hair...pretty freaky. I say he should do it, or maybe blue hair and blond eyes.

Practice Squad
    I wish all the "Yes Sirs" would stop (or at least get slowed down). It's like these agents all tell these kids to just say Yes Sir to any question. It is quite starting to nauseate me. Justin Pough (Giants first rounder) took some jabs at the "yes sirs" in his post selection press conference. It is overdone, overblown, just let these kids talk like normal polite individuals.

Geno had some flaws in his game. That's why he fell. He had a lot of bad games and missed a lot of receivers at times. That said, going over his film, he did a lot of things very very well, including: going through his progressions, buying some extra time, and keeping his eyes downfield with pressure in his face. They probably asked him to do too much in WV. Their D sucked, had a weak running game and was asked to throw too many times.

I think he has a very good football IQ. I don't know about his or any other players regular IQ and nor do I care. Geno comes across smart articulate and passionate about football.

Geno has very good reactionary skills as well. Something Mark doesn't have! He resets his feet quickly and sees the field well. He can make the difficult play to extend drives. Something Mark cannot do! Hopefully this pick pans out. The draft is always a crapshoot but Geno has potential.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    Would he have as many doubters and flat out haters??

I read the comments about his intelligence and they way he speaks (which sounds just fine to me) and don't seem to hear those comments about Barkley or the other qbs drafted after him. Some complained about his work ethic and that he was "lazy"; something his previous coach vehemently denied, calling him one of the hardest workers on the team.

Hell, one idiot complained because he said "yes sir" to often and called it some type of "hip hop" slang for chrissakes, WTF, lol.

Smith was the CONSENSUS # 1 QB in the draft for months leading up to the draft. Yet you would have thought we drafted Tim Tebow or something the way many on this board reacted.

For the longest time NO ONE, NOT ONE DRAFT EXPERT had him even making it to the 9th pick and yet we get him at 39 and some people are actually upset about this???? I realize he didn't do himself any favors by not playing at the senior bowl and a players warts have a way of becoming magnified the closer you get to the draft. Geno is not the first highly ranked player to fall out of the first round, and won't be the last; whether warranted or not that is just the way it goes sometimes.

The kid has franchise qb ability imho, a great attitude and work ethic and an experienced offensive coach who believes in him in MM. How ANYONE can not be excited about his potential is beyond me.

I don't really want to bring race into this because we should be far past that by now but based on the OVER-reaction to his selection and some of the comments I read, it makes me wonder. Feel free to bash away....
    yes, call out white fans who follow an overwhelmingly black team in an overwhelmingly black league.

if you are upset about racism and want to rant, call out blacks who vote for black candidates 99.9 percent of the time.