Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Jet fans turn on Idzik

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Or an agitator.
    both an idiot and an agitator, actually

He did a good job of salary dump on Revis. Poor compensation though.
    Some other salaries were dumped, but the money is used how?
    THe draft was ok in round 1. Milliner is a fine player. Richardson is a good pick for a 4-3, otherwise a better pick could be made.
    Geno - ugh. Not a long term solution. The OLs - dreadful.
    Ivory for a low fourth round pick? Here's the difference. SF ( a well run organization) took Marcus Lattimore with a HIGH 4th. The Jets could have had him.
    The Patriots ( also well run) traded for Blount with a HIGH 5th. Jets could have had him as well.
    It's a 6-10 season. Idzik needs 3-4 years to make the team decent. I'm ready to watch them lose. I think the string gets to 50. That's years.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The reason he is under scrutiny is because:

1. He wasn't wanted as a GM by any other team.

2. He was our last choice.

3. He was never a player-personnel guy.

4. He let several good free agents walk.

5. He didn't get good value for Revis.

6. His draft got us no offensive playmakers.

7. He took a QB who was there, not someone we coveted.

SAR I
    You are a cliche, nothing more.

Why would anyone want to sign their name to this sh1t?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    I hope soon! He's full of ****. The Revis trade proved just that.
    In one of the recent press conferences he kept saying that he is straight forward and wont lie to anyone on the roster.
    And then after weeks of saying that he's not trying to trade Revis he trades him. And then Revis comes out and says he got lied to by the Jets which i most certain believe!

Im really sick of just looking at Idziks face already.
    Because anyone other than the totally brain dead, think he should tell you what he is going to do with personnel.

OMG, we're this goofy?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    People are just setting out their stall on why they'll never like a guy based on the first five minutes, then hope he fails so they can say "told you so" in five year's time.

It's like the thread on Geno - "not a cold weather QB" seems the consensus opinion at the moment, and people will jump on every cold weather loss as "proof" of their amazing foresight. While conveniently ignoring any cold weather wins and explain them away as being won by the D / running game / good punting / any other lame excuse.

It's as if people don't actually want us to succeed, because they wouldn't know what to do if we did.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    People are just setting out their stall on why they'll never like a guy based on the first five minutes, then hope he fails so they can say "told you so" in five year's time.

It's like the thread on Geno - "not a cold weather QB" seems the consensus opinion at the moment, and people will jump on every cold weather loss as "proof" of their amazing foresight. While conveniently ignoring any cold weather wins and explain them away as being won by the D / running game / good punting / any other lame excuse.

It's as if people don't actually want us to succeed, because they wouldn't know what to do if we did.

Are you kidding we`ve been waiting what seems like forever (44 years) for the jets to win another championship ,while watching the Giants win multiple Championships . Sorry at some point ,just like a bad investment you have to cut those loses . too bad.

Blaming GM's, HC's and players are stock in trade for the media who always want to stir up controversy to sell newspapers or up their radio and TV ratings. As a long suffering Jets and Mets fan, how many Jets and Mets fans agree with me that both teams are glorified expansion teams. Both teams have incompetant owners, the Jets have an inbred incompetant billionaire owner who made his money the old fashioned way, he inherited his fortune from his grandfather the founder of Johnson & Johnson. The Mets have the Wilpons who have financially straight jacketed the Mets through their incompetance.

Let's place them blame where it belongs, the fish rots at the head. I'm rooting for the total collapse of both franchises until these owners are forced to sell their teams, there is no other hope.

Simple.

When the MEDIA tells sar it's time to hate him.

Any GM should get three years at least, especially when inheriting such a dysfunctional organization as the Jets. No GM is going to make the right call on every decision.The number one thing for him right now is to reduce dysfunction and add assets. So far, so good IMO.

A good analogy might be the Golden State Warriors. (full disclosure, I am a big fan and STH)

New ownership arrived three years ago, and caught a lot of initial BS right up until the middle of this season.

They initially kept Riley as GM, Smart as coach, and Monta Ellis as their key player. They caught a lot of guff for both. They added West as a consultant.

The next year they ditched Smart and replaced him with Jackson, a coach with no previous experience, and kept Riley as GM. Roster moves were questionable. They amnestied Charlie Bell instead of Biedrins (still sucking up cap space) to make an offer on DeAndre Jordan, which was matched. Wound up with nothing to show for it.

They drafted Klay Thompson, which many didn't like. Curry got hurt, the team stunk. West was over the hill. Klay stunk. They traded Ellis...for Bogut who wouldn't and couldn't play. Many fans, especially the Montards as I like to call them, were apoplectic.

They tanked and wound tied for the 7th/8th spot in the lottery. Yet, things were changing. Klay played well the 2nd half of the season. The tanking worked and they won a coin flip so they didn't lose their pick to Utah. They got the 7th pick, which was slated to go to the Jazz, but it was top 7 protected.

After the year they kicked Riley upstairs and installed Bob Myers Asst GM, as the GM. They resigned Curry in the offseason to a long term yet affordable deal, when many said they shouldn't because of the ankles. They drafted Barnes, Ezili and Green who have all played big time roles as rookies under Mark Jackson. When nobody thought they would be a competitive team this year, they got to 6th in brutal West. Tonight they will try and eliminate the Nuggetts, the 3 seed, in the Western playoffs to get to the Spurs. Find me one talking head, outside of me, who predicted The Dubs to make the playoffs in the West.

Before the season many Warriors fans wanted to run the new leadership out of town. Now, whether they close out the Nuggets or not, this season was a win. There are very few now who would decry the direction of the team, or their youth and talent going forward. Now free agents are going to look at the team completely differently. Everyone is accountable. Not every decision was right, Biedrins for example, but they are on their way.

So Idzik should get his chance to do it his way. Woody (and Rex) should stay out of the way. He did pretty well in Seattle, and should get his chance here.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The reason he is under scrutiny is because:

1. He wasn't wanted as a GM by any other team.

2. He was our last choice.

3. He was never a player-personnel guy.

4. He let several good free agents walk.

5. He didn't get good value for Revis.

6. His draft got us no offensive playmakers.

7. He took a QB who was there, not someone we coveted.

SAR I
    What good free agents walked? Keller was OK.

How much better value would you get for a player with a torn ACL that wants 16 million a year?

There were very few playmakers in the draft. Given all the holes this team has, I would have been pissed if he traded up for a 175 pound WR.

He got us the best QB in the draft. Would you feel better if he drafted him at 13, saying "we had him as the best player on our board?"

I agree, I think they will be bad next year. I think Idzik is doing a good job so far. By letting free agents walk, you get comp picks. If you cut players, you don't get comp picks. By signing other team FA you lose comp picks. So he let ours go, didn't sign any of theirs, and we shold have 10-11 picks next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I honestly find it comical already that some fans are judging him good or bad at this point in time. I don't think you can grade a gm for at least two or three seasons to see how his moves pay off or don't.
    An absolute joke and a disgrace. These clowns are judging Idzik on names only. These players have yet to put one toe on a football field in Jet green, yet these guys have not stopped whining since Idzik took over. Unreal.

Makes me want to quit JI and never come back here.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    An absolute joke and a disgrace. These clowns are judging Idzik on names only. These players have yet to put one toe on a football field in Jet green, yet these guys have not stopped whining since Idzik took over. Unreal.

Makes me want to quit JI and never come back here.
    They don't call it the PFAIL STRIP for nothing!

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Calm down. I'm fvckin' this cow, you just hold the tail.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You are a cliche, nothing more.

Why would anyone want to sign their name to this sh1t?
    Easy big fella.

If you can't say something nice about someone............

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    In the first half of the season the Jets have the toughest schedule in the NFL. Two games vs the Patriots and games vs the Steelers, Bengals, Falcons and Saints.

What will the first half record have to be to keep Jet fans from turning on Idzik and Geno Smith if he is the starter from day one.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/...-schedule.html
    Jet fans should just be happy last season is in our rear view mirror and look forward to something different.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Calm down. I'm fvckin' this cow, you just hold the tail.

LMAO, good one, ches

Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    In the first half of the season the Jets have the toughest schedule in the NFL. Two games vs the Patriots and games vs the Steelers, Bengals, Falcons and Saints.

What will the first half record have to be to keep Jet fans from turning on Idzik and Geno Smith if he is the starter from day one.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/...-schedule.html
    I'm not expecting much from the 2013 NYJ. Even if they go 2-6 through the first half, so long as they keep things close and keep on fighting, I'll be satisfied. Not happy, not even by a long shot, but satisfied and thinking that it is par for the course.

There's a lot of new faces on the team. Chemistry and development takes time.

Jets Insider VIP
    2014 is the year to be looking forward too IMO.... The Turnover Machine and his cap hit gone, all the rest of Tannenboob's horrible contracts pretty much cleaned out and a nice foundation built in 2013 by Idzik's first draft and free agent additions along with the growth and development of guys like Coples and Hill in their second year.

Plenty of cap space available as a result of cleaning out the putrid contract mess he inherited, a 2014 draft with 12 players likely to be on the Jets draft list. This season should be thought of as a preparatory season to be in a good position to contend in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Honestly, anyone who casts a final judgment on a GM after half a season is an idiot.
    Half a season?

Interesting. With that tough schedule to start the season, I could see the Jets starting Sanchez, let him crash and burn, then turn it over to Geno when the schedule softens. This will help put an end to Sanchez, and set up Geno for success and give the fans something positive to look ahead to in 2014.

If Sanchez does well, maybe he will have some value on the trade market.