Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: When will Jet fans turn on Idzik

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    When will Jet fans turn on Idzik?

0-1

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can name a few that already did even though the jets have had a pretty solid off-season....tough to say that when you trade a top defender but it was the right move in trading revis.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The reason he is under scrutiny is because:

1. He wasn't wanted as a GM by any other team.

2. He was our last choice.

3. He was never a player-personnel guy.

4. He let several good free agents walk.

5. He didn't get good value for Revis.

6. His draft got us no offensive playmakers.

7. He took a QB who was there, not someone we coveted.

SAR I
    1. Who would you have wanted as our GM instead? He has a great track record and help put together very quality teams.

2. How would you have any idea he was our last choice, oh damn... I forgot how close friends you were with Woody.

3. His father was an NFL coach and he has been around football his entire life, how much more experience does he need?

4. With our cap he didn't have much of a choice.

5. He got a first and a third from a team who knew they were the only team interested in him, plus he tore his ACL. Pretty impressive.

6. He drafted number 1 ranked QB in the draft, I'm pretty sure QB is an offensive position. No?

7. Who cares if the QB is coveted? That's irrelevant.
    Last edited by Cro's Kids; 04-30-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He spent 11 years with the Buccaneers, first as a Pro Personnel Assistant and then was elevated to Director of Football Administration in 1996 and Assistant General Manager in 2001.

http://www.seahawks.com/team/staff/J...0-c4b074b07c45

What is a Pro Personnel Assistant in the NFL?

Answer:
    A Pro Personnel Assistant performs duties related to scouting and assesment of players throughout the NFL. Duties generally consist of evaluating personnel (free agents, opposing teams, and his own roster), advanced scouting (scouting of upcoming opponents), and data maintenance. The assistant usually works closely with the Director of Pro Personnel, coaching staff, and General Manager to produce reports related to the assesment of individuals and teams for scouting and game planning purposes.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_...ant_in_the_NFL
    LOL, I love it when SAR gets his ass handed to him. Which is often.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obviously if these two first rounders don't pan out, he will hear it. I figure he has a year's grace--time to rebuild and replace the Mouth. So figure 2014.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will need some appropriately negative pseudonyms when the turn eventually comes...anybody got anything decent yet?...Idsuk?...Dipzdik?
    Schottenheimer was so easy...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Especially by an 18 year old poster. Kudos to Cros kids and his dad Fort Laud

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Translation:

The best GM the Jets could get last worked in a player-personnel capacity from 1985 to 1996.

It's 2013.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eurojet View Post
    We will need some appropriately negative pseudonyms when the turn eventually comes...anybody got anything decent yet?...Idsuk?...Dipzdik?
    Schottenheimer was so easy...
    Dork Horseface.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 224B View Post
    I do...all you do is b*tch and moan about anything and everything Jets
    Sorry, this ridiculous Post-Draft Magical Fairy Dust that so many of you allow to cloud your judgment happens every April.

Nothing has changed between the end of last season in January and this very day except we have lost our coaching staff, lost 13 starters, have lost our best player, have signed a few third string caliber free agents, and have added more defensive college kids to join the other defensive college kids who didn't contribute last year.

In this particular thread I have an opposing point of view. If there were fewer people drinking the Kool-Aid I wouldn't come across as being so negative. If you want to be upset with somebody, be upset with the many posters in this thread who last year guaranteed that we would be a 12 win playoff team. They were wrong last year, and they'll be wrong again this year because that's what's happens when you trust Rex Ryan and you trust a bunch of college kids.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, this ridiculous Post-Draft Magical Fairy Dust that so many of you allow to cloud your judgment happens every April.

Nothing has changed between the end of last season in January and this very day except we have lost our coaching staff, lost 13 starters, have lost our best player, have signed a few third string caliber free agents, and have added more defensive college kids to join the other defensive college kids who didn't contribute last year.

In this particular thread I have an opposing point of view. If there were fewer people drinking the Kool-Aid I wouldn't come across as being so negative. If you want to be upset with somebody, be upset with the many posters in this thread who last year guaranteed that we would be a 12 win playoff team. They were wrong last year, and they'll be wrong again this year because that's what's happens when you trust Rex Ryan and you trust a bunch of college kids.

SAR I
    I think there is a happy medium to be found somewhere between SAR's Posts of Doom and the Tripe doled out by the JIm Jone's that infest this board. There has to be.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    thankfully, the ignore list allowed me to miss those last three sparkling rejoinders of wit and intelligence (#68-70) above

God Bless You, ignore function, God bless you

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We were snubbed by every quality GM candidate in the NFL.

John Idzik was the only one who returned the phone call. He wasn't on any other team's list of potential candidates. In the Woody Johnson era:

Bill Belichick didn't want the HC job.
    Bill Parcells didn't want the HC job.
    Al Groh didn't want the HC job.

So we got Herman Edwards, a guy no one wanted, as HC.
    So we got Terry Bradway, a guy no one wanted, as GM.

Herman Edwards busts, forces way our of town, didn't want the HC job.

So we got Eric Mangini, a guy no one wanted, as HC.
    So we got Mike Tannenbaum, an inside capologist, as GM.

Eric Mangini busts, loses team, relieved of HC job.
    So we got Rex Ryan, a guy no one wanted, as HC.

Mike Tannenbaum busts, in over his head, relieved of GM job.
    So we got John Idzik, a guy no one wanted, as GM.

See the pattern here, folks? No one wants to come here so we keep getting the worst front office talent and coaching in the league.

SAR I
    "Sometimes not getting what you want is a stroke of luck"
    Dalai Lama

* Noone knows whether Idzik will succeed or fail here but I'm willing to be patient & am very happy with this draft. The NY Jets needed someone that doesn't make knee jerk reactions (Tanny).
    If Scott Pioli was available like he was after all of the Patriots success, Jet fans would be rejoicing in the streets.
    Problem was Pioli was a product of getting lucky drafting Tom Brady & having a great coach.
    He was an utter failure in KC.
    Jury is out on Idzik, I like want I'm seeing.
    Last edited by jetster; 05-01-2013 at 07:40 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fans that agree with what Idzik is doing will continue to support him for 2 more years (drafts and off seasons), questions could start after next years draft but expectations are low this year, especially after the schedule came out, 2-7 going into the bye should not surprise anyone

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    When will Jet fans turn on Idzik?

0-1
    Pre-season or regular?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    yawnnnnnnnn same bs different day

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    join the ever growing list of posters who have figured out the solution to the lame schtick problem at JI

This message is hidden because SAR I is on your ignore list.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Especially by an 18 year old poster. Kudos to Cros kids and his dad Fort Laud
    Can't tell if sarcasm, but if not thanks. Lol

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smiling from within is always good. Maybe you should try it?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    In the first half of the season the Jets have the toughest schedule in the NFL. Two games vs the Patriots and games vs the Steelers, Bengals, Falcons and Saints.

What will the first half record have to be to keep Jet fans from turning on Idzik and Geno Smith if he is the starter from day one.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/...-schedule.html
    If "fans" can't give Idzik 3 years to turn this cluster around, then maybe they should entertain switching to one of the other 31 teams out there.