Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 99 of 99

Thread: When will Jet fans turn on Idzik

  1. #81
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The reason he is under scrutiny is because:

    1. He wasn't wanted as a GM by any other team.

    2. He was our last choice.

    3. He was never a player-personnel guy.

    4. He let several good free agents walk.

    5. He didn't get good value for Revis.

    6. His draft got us no offensive playmakers.

    7. He took a QB who was there, not someone we coveted.

    SAR I
    Dumbest post I've seen in a while

  2. #82
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,544
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    If "fans" can't give Idzik 3 years to turn this cluster around, then maybe they should entertain switching to one of the other 31 teams out there.
    Three years is about right. The hole that we are digging out from was deep.

    Cap should be fixed next year. Hopefully next off season we will see us looking back and seeing some bright spots amongst the kids. Hopefully despite these bright spots, we will still have a very high pick in what is shaping up to be an outstanding draft next year.

    The offseason next year is all about finishing the job of cleaning out the Tannenbaum mess(es). It will also be about finding playmakers on offense except I think if we end up with a chance at Clowney in which case we complete the DL super unit and figure the rest out later.

  3. #83
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Talking REX RUINED THE OFFENSE

    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The reason he is under scrutiny is because:

    1. He wasn't wanted as a GM by any other team.

    2. He was our last choice.

    3. He was never a player-personnel guy.

    4. He let several good free agents walk.

    5. He didn't get good value for Revis.

    6. His draft got us no offensive playmakers.

    7. He took a QB who was there, not someone we coveted.

    SAR I
    ... While i usually agree with Sar on most things.... I feel we have to give IDZIG a chance. He inherited a mess. The following post from GangGreen is quite accurate.... comments appreciated.

    ==Rex is a big part part of the offense falling because he stubbornly stuck to the Ground and Pound Philosophy to the point where he hired the only OC that would stick to this out-of-date philosophy: Tony Sparano. My thinking is that Woody believes that Rex is a good coach if he has talent, he can lead a great team exactly where they should go: The Superbowl. However, he has no idea how to build a well rounded team, and his poor influence on Mike Tannenbaum is partially what caused the complete lack of talent on our roster this year.

    So this is what Woody is doing: Rex get a clean slate, with the exception that this is not HIS team anymore. This team is now Idzik's team and Rex will only do what he should've been doing all along Coach, and in the case of the offense let Morhinweg do what he wants to do, somebody who knows what he's doing.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro's Kids View Post
    1. Who would you have wanted as our GM instead? He has a great track record and help put together very quality teams.

    2. How would you have any idea he was our last choice, oh damn... I forgot how close friends you were with Woody.

    3. His father was an NFL coach and he has been around football his entire life, how much more experience does he need?

    4. With our cap he didn't have much of a choice.

    5. He got a first and a third from a team who knew they were the only team interested in him, plus he tore his ACL. Pretty impressive.

    6. He drafted number 1 ranked QB in the draft, I'm pretty sure QB is an offensive position. No?

    7. Who cares if the QB is coveted? That's irrelevant.
    Lol

  5. #85
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idzik will get turned on if the team loses... It's pretty simple.

    This league is ALL about the QB position now and Idzik has tied himself to Geno Smith. If Geno is top 10, we'll be making the playoffs and doing damage. If he's top 15, Rex's defense will probably still get us there.

    If he's Sanchez level, we'll be back to winning the 6 games.

    League is all about the QB and those guys' jobs are tied to that position.

  6. #86
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,760
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Idzik will get turned on if the team loses... It's pretty simple.

    This league is ALL about the QB position now and Idzik has tied himself to Geno Smith. If Geno is top 10, we'll be making the playoffs and doing damage. If he's top 15, Rex's defense will probably still get us there.

    If he's Sanchez level, we'll be back to winning the 6 games.

    League is all about the QB and those guys' jobs are tied to that position.
    tanny's fate was tied to sanchez b/c he picked him top 10 and traded up to get him.

    idzik's fate is not tied to geno b/c he picked him at 39 w/o trading up. just like the carolina gm's job wasn't tied to clausen.

  7. #87
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like everything he has done so far. Got rid of Revis which needed to be done. Signed two young RB's with lots of upside. Dumped a bunch of dead wood. Wasn't afraid to try to find his franchise QB. Replaced Revis as best he could through the draft. Upgraded our OL. Brought in an experienced back-up QB. Only negative so far for me was letting Landry walk, but we couldn't afford him and he will net us a compensatory pick next season. I will judge him in a couple of years.

  8. #88
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    Dumbest post I've seen in a while
    Give it a little time. He will make another one!!

  9. #89
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    I like everything he has done so far. Got rid of Revis which needed to be done. Signed two young RB's with lots of upside. Dumped a bunch of dead wood. Wasn't afraid to try to find his franchise QB. Replaced Revis as best he could through the draft. Upgraded our OL. Brought in an experienced back-up QB. Only negative so far for me was letting Landry walk, but we couldn't afford him and he will net us a compensatory pick next season. I will judge him in a couple of years.

    Bet Idzik did not want to trade Revis, but had to under ownership instructions. In turn, he was forced to change the entire approach towards the '13 draft. Believe Idzik would be a good GM if he was able to operate without intrusion.

    This thread should not be when the fans turn on Idzik, instead it should be when they turn on Woody Johnson. Unfortunately, the organization is hamstrung by a bad owner

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by We need Sherman Plunkett View Post
    Bet Idzik did not want to trade Revis, but had to under ownership instructions. In turn, he was forced to change the entire approach towards the '13 draft. Believe Idzik would be a good GM if he was able to operate without intrusion.

    This thread should not be when the fans turn on Idzik, instead it should be when they turn on Woody Johnson. Unfortunately, the organization is hamstrung by a bad owner
    No Idzik didn't want to pay a corner 16 million. I guarrentee you

  11. #91
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro's Kids View Post
    No Idzik didn't want to pay a corner 16 million. I guarrentee you
    A Revis-led defense has proven multiple times they can beat the Patriots. Without Revis the Jets have not been able to beat the Pats. He is Brady's achilles heel. The division goes thru Foxboro. Like the Jets chances with Revis, without him they are back to the drawing board.

    Understand $16M for a corner is absurd. IMO Revis is in Primetime's class and he was one of the highest paid players in football while he was playing.

  12. #92
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro's Kids View Post
    No Idzik didn't want to pay a corner 16 million. I guarrentee you
    How can you guarantee that?

  13. #93
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    12,568
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by We need Sherman Plunkett View Post
    A Revis-led defense has proven multiple times they can beat the Patriots. Without Revis the Jets have not been able to beat the Pats. He is Brady's achilles heel. The division goes thru Foxboro. Like the Jets chances with Revis, without him they are back to the drawing board.

    Understand $16M for a corner is absurd. IMO Revis is in Primetime's class and he was one of the highest paid players in football while he was playing.
    We never won the division with Revis...

  14. #94
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,633
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by We need Sherman Plunkett View Post
    A Revis-led defense has proven multiple times they can beat the Patriots. Without Revis the Jets have not been able to beat the Pats.
    ORLY? Week 2 of 2010 Revis went down with a hamstring injury in the 2nd quarter with the Jets trailing 14-7. The entire second half Cro played shutdown D on Randy Moss and the Cheaters did not score again the entire game.

    Jets win 28-14.

  15. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    How can you guarantee that?
    Considering idzik is the manager and handles the cap is why. He and woody most likely agreed upon it (one would think... Logically)

  16. #96
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro's Kids View Post
    Considering idzik is the manager and handles the cap is why. He and woody most likely agreed upon it (one would think... Logically)
    Except it was reported before Idzik was hired that Woody wanted Revis shopped.

  17. #97
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,215
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by We need Sherman Plunkett View Post
    Bet Idzik did not want to trade Revis, but had to under ownership instructions. In turn, he was forced to change the entire approach towards the '13 draft. Believe Idzik would be a good GM if he was able to operate without intrusion.

    This thread should not be when the fans turn on Idzik, instead it should be when they turn on Woody Johnson. Unfortunately, the organization is hamstrung by a bad owner
    This fan will turn on Idzik as soon as he finds out he was willing to pay Revis $16M . . .

  18. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Except it was reported before Idzik was hired that Woody wanted Revis shopped.
    It was also reported that 3 other teams were going to trade for revis, I take media reports with a grain of salt... Although I do agree wordy did want revis gone ( can't blame him). Woody is honestly not as bad of an owner as people make him out to be, look at our track record and playoff appearances since he's been the owner. Pretty solid

  19. #99
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    483
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Pre-season or regular?
    Ooo yes PRESEASON !!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us