Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When will Jet fans turn on Idzik

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Are you kidding we`ve been waiting what seems like forever (44 years) for the jets to win another championship ,while watching the Giants win multiple Championships . Sorry at some point ,just like a bad investment you have to cut those loses . too bad.
    Fair enough, but I don't see how running the new GM out of town based on one draft is going to make that wait get any shorter.

You talk about cutting losses - which ones? Sanchez fine, who else? Most of the guys left on the roster have only been here 3-4 years. Only Harris, Brick & Mangold have been here longer than Rex, as far as I can see.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Fair enough, but I don't see how running the new GM out of town based on one draft is going to make that wait get any shorter.

You talk about cutting losses - which ones? Sanchez fine, who else? Most of the guys left on the roster have only been here 3-4 years. Only Harris, Brick & Mangold have been here longer than Rex, as far as I can see.
    I ment me cutting my losses as a 30 year season ticket holder for this non-Championship team. I give up.

Jets Insider VIP
    I ment me cutting my losses as a 30 year season ticket holder for this non-Championship team. I give up.
    good, I'm glad you are happier

Hall Of Fame
    Jeez... What a bunch of sandy vaginas here!

Bunch of wannabe know-it-alls who think Rex has no clue how to coach and Idzik has no clue how to be a GM.

I PRAISE THE LORD NONE OF YOU WORK FOR THE JETS!!!

Will all of you experts please apply for jobs in Buffalo, Miami, and NE?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

To answer the thread question, I'm thinking right now, since Idzik is on with Francesa.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    good, I'm glad you are happier
    not happier I wish Woody & Rex had come through with the Championship they promised us .but they didn't & unfortunately it doesn't look to be getting any better.

All Pro
    not happier I wish Woody & Rex had come through with the Championship they promised us .but they didn't & unfortunately it doesn't look to be getting any better.
    The road to recovery may take a while, but at least things should start to improve from here.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The reason he is under scrutiny is because:

1. He wasn't wanted as a GM by any other team.

2. He was our last choice.

3. He was never a player-personnel guy.

4. He let several good free agents walk.

5. He didn't get good value for Revis.

6. His draft got us no offensive playmakers.

7. He took a QB who was there, not someone we coveted.

SAR I
    8. Instead of bringing in a team of advisors consisting of guys he's worked with and trusted over the years, he has kept a failed personnel staff intact, raising a serious red flag about his judgment and/or his actual decision-making power in the organization.

Jets Insider VIP
    Actually I'm happy for you. Your Jet season tickets are apparently the ONLY or one of very very few serious disappointments and failed promises you've encountered in an otherwise perfect life. It's such a tragedy to you that you've announced your disavowal of your tickets at least two dozen times on multiple threads since the season ended.

I'm glad you've been able to free yourself up from the obvious misery this disappointment caused you.

For many of us, it's really only football and entertainment though so we will continue to go to the games.

I hope you show us the proper empathy we deserve

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    8. Instead of bringing in a team of advisors consisting of guys he's worked with and trusted over the years, he has kept a failed personnel staff intact, raising a serious red flag about his judgment and/or his actual decision-making power in the organization.
    You don't change personnel staff 1 month before free agency and 2 months before the draft. Most scouting personnel have been scouting college and NFL players for 6-8 months prior to free agency and the draft. Do you realize how much that would have hurt our capacity to find the right players in FA and in the draft? Well no you probably don't b/c like most fans you have no clue how the NFL works.

Veteran
    Is it really necessary to announce you are giving up like people give a sh*t? Just fade away, nobody will miss you here or at the games.

Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    In the first half of the season the Jets have the toughest schedule in the NFL. Two games vs the Patriots and games vs the Steelers, Bengals, Falcons and Saints.

What will the first half record have to be to keep Jet fans from turning on Idzik and Geno Smith if he is the starter from day one.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/...-schedule.html
    Your non-stop trolling and premature whining is contemptible. Kindly crawl back under your bridge idiot.

Signed,
    Level headed Jets fan

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Is it really necessary to announce you are giving up like people give a sh*t? Just fade away, nobody will miss you here or at the games.
    +1000

I doubt he has a 1year season ticket holder for anything. Don't cry for me Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    You don't change personnel staff 1 month before free agency and 2 months before the draft. Most scouting personnel have been scouting college and NFL players for 6-8 months prior to free agency and the draft. Do you realize how much that would have hurt our capacity to find the right players in FA and in the draft? Well no you probably don't b/c like most fans you have no clue how the NFL works.

That makes absolutely no sense. Maybe you misunderstood me. I wasn't suggesting he bring in a bunch of guys who work in a different field than football. I was saying that typically when someone is hired to take over a failed organization, he brings in some new blood, particularly people he has worked with before and trusts. I am taking a wild guess here, but there are probably guys on other teams who Idzik has worked with, and who also have been scouting for the past 6-8 months (call me crazy). Instead he left the likes of Terry Bradway in place to oversee yet another draft. That had potential disaster written all over it.

But ok, maybe you are saying Idzik wanted to wait until after the draft. I mean, I see other teams have made some front office changes this week. Let's see if we do the same.
    Last edited by Toooon; 04-30-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    In the first half of the season the Jets have the toughest schedule in the NFL. Two games vs the Patriots and games vs the Steelers, Bengals, Falcons and Saints.

What will the first half record have to be to keep Jet fans from turning on Idzik and Geno Smith if he is the starter from day one.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/...-schedule.html
    lol

Is this thread serious?

What will our record have to be to keep people from turning on our Center....on our Punter....on our Long Snapper or the guy selling overpriced beer to Mezz A customers?

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    how the hell do u know who the jets did or did not covet?
    If the Jets coveted Geno Smith, had to have him, just dying to get him and build the entire franchise around him, they wouldn't have waited until 38 teams passed on him including quarterback-starved franchises as much as two times.

It's pretty simple.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post

Im really sick of just looking at Idziks face already.
    You can just tell he's a sleep drooler.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Or an agitator.
    We were snubbed by every quality GM candidate in the NFL.

John Idzik was the only one who returned the phone call. He wasn't on any other team's list of potential candidates. In the Woody Johnson era:

Bill Belichick didn't want the HC job.
    Bill Parcells didn't want the HC job.
    Al Groh didn't want the HC job.

So we got Herman Edwards, a guy no one wanted, as HC.
    So we got Terry Bradway, a guy no one wanted, as GM.

Herman Edwards busts, forces way our of town, didn't want the HC job.

So we got Eric Mangini, a guy no one wanted, as HC.
    So we got Mike Tannenbaum, an inside capologist, as GM.

Eric Mangini busts, loses team, relieved of HC job.
    So we got Rex Ryan, a guy no one wanted, as HC.

Mike Tannenbaum busts, in over his head, relieved of GM job.
    So we got John Idzik, a guy no one wanted, as GM.

See the pattern here, folks? No one wants to come here so we keep getting the worst front office talent and coaching in the league.

SAR I

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

See the pattern here, folks?

SAR I
    I do...all you do is b*tch and moan about anything and everything Jets

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 224B View Post
    I do...all you do is b*tch and moan about anything and everything Jets
    Be careful. You may be reported.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2