46 26.59%
  • Smith

43 24.86%
  • McElroy

1 0.58%
  • Simms

3 1.73%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who wins the QB competition, based on what whe know today?

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    It appears that the Turnover Machine is starting to fumble away his early lead in this poll
    The poll is who will win, not who should or who we want. And it nice to see people here are ultimately reality based, which you would never guess from the all the Sanchez is gone topics.

I think the best outcome for the Jets is that he build back some value early in the year and we get some trade value for him, giving Geno some time to develop before taking over later in the year.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    The poll is who will win, not who should or who we want. And it nice to see people here are ultimately reality based, which you would never guess from the all the Sanchez is gone topics.

I think the best outcome for the Jets is that he build back some value early in the year and we get some trade value for him, giving Geno some time to develop before taking over later in the year.
    Yep.

Geno has never taken a snap from under center. He has alot to learn, and should wear a green baseball cap for a year before taking the reigns.

Marky has new life now with his first legitimate OC directing him and the Offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    disagree

anyone that wants the TM to have his 26 annual turnovers out there on the field again in 2013 is in my opinion about as far from reality based as can be

Garrard is the only sensible reality based choice to be the Jets QB in 2013

with McElroy and Smith backing up and the TM as far away from the field as is possible

Jets Insider VIP
    the TM sucked in his third year with his first OC and in his first year with his second OC

Please god, let's not see him suck again in his first year with his third OC

Not taking the bait. Dude you are getting as bad as the tebowites used to be trying to turn every thread into your own personal Sanchez sucks debate.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Geno has never taken a snap from under center.
    Yes he has

He worked from under center a ton during his sophomore year and didn't seem to have any problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yes he has

He worked from under center a ton during his sophomore year and didn't seem to have any problems with it.
    Plus the NFL is turning to more and more shotgun formations. I doubt Geno's lack of "snaps under center" is going to be an issue.

Jets Insider VIP
    We should do this again closer to camp but for now...

Garrard- Hasn't played in 2 years, no relationship with the team\players
    Smith - Raw, needs time
    McElroy - Had hopes for him but after seeing him play last year, not so much
    Simms - Who?
    Face it, Sanchez looks good in practice, don't see how he can lose
    Wishful thinking!

In reality:

Garrard was well on his way to the starting job with Miami last year THEN was injured. Is a much more competant QB and very secure in the pocket. Throws few interceptions and never has had a buttfumble!
    McElroy with a better OL has the brains and guts to play the position plus he was a champion in college in the tough SEC. Sucky barely got to play until finale year!

Geno is raw but very talented. has excellent pocket awareness and a tremendous arm.

IF IT IS A FAIR and open competition run by IDZIK& MM and not WRECKS only, I think Garrard will win out! Then I see McElroy holding the clipboard and Geno as#3. Sucky will be enroute to the CFL to join Tebow in Montreal and the circus will start again.

Hall Of Fame

Agreed. Who will win does not presuppose an open competition with everyone starting from behind the same line. Certain outcomes benefit the organization more than certain other ones do and barring injury or someone truly playing out of their skin I think one of those preferred outcomes will happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Not taking the bait. Dude you are getting as bad as the tebowites used to be trying to turn every thread into your own personal Sanchez sucks debate.
    and you are doing the same thing that you accuse the Tebowites of doing! Let the guys duke it out on the field in an open competition. Who gives a crap which QB starts for us as long as he wins or gives us a great chance to win? You seem to have an agenda that only Sucky as our starter will please you. You are a Jets fan correct?

Sanchez gets first 4 starts. Garrard takes over until team is officially eliminated from playoff contention. Geno finishes the season as Jets starter.

McElroy gets cut right before start of season unless there is injury or trade before the season

Love the vote for Simms but he won't even be practice squader. .

I say Smith. Why?

Because I think the GM has a long term plan and sitting a guy to learn from Sanchez or Garrard is a plan for losing.

Veteran

If Sanchez eventually gets benched for a rookie, how does he increase his trade value?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Yep.

Geno has never taken a snap from under center. He has alot to learn, and should wear a green baseball cap for a year before taking the reigns.

Marky has new life now with his first legitimate OC directing him and the Offense.
    Geno actually did take 4% of his snaps from under C. IMO he is already farther along then Sanchez who is not a pro QB at all. Starting Sanchez just doesnt make any sense. He cant run a pro O what is the point. Maybe Sanchez starts at TE?

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    If Sanchez eventually gets benched for a rookie, how does he increase his trade value?
    Also what trade value. His next 3 years are 13, 16, and 13. What team is paying that much for him even if he turns the corner. Even if he looks good your stuck with him. Then what. Trade value. lolololol

Jets Insider VIP
    trade value????

any one who thinks this TM is worth anything more than a bucket of used jock straps is delusional

lets see

his last two years as a starting NFL QB

52 lost fumbles and interceptions.... consistant, yup 26 every year

that equals trade value of a BIG GOOSEEGG

my suggestion is not to sit there in the stands and watch a dozen more lost fumbles and interceptions in his first 4-5 games in order to improve his "trade value

Instead, start David Garrard, an NFL quarterback who can manage the game, run the WCO, secure the football and maybe even win some games doing so.

If that is the result, I really don't give a flying you know what about improving Sensitive 6's "trade value"

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    We should do this again closer to camp but for now...

Garrard- Hasn't played in 2 years, no relationship with the team\players
    Smith - Raw, needs time
    McElroy - Had hopes for him but after seeing him play last year, not so much
    Simms - Who?
    Face it, Sanchez looks good in practice, don't see how he can lose
    If Sanchez is still here, he has been learning the WCO a big advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    and you are doing the same thing that you accuse the Tebowites of doing! Let the guys duke it out on the field in an open competition. Who gives a crap which QB starts for us as long as he wins or gives us a great chance to win? You seem to have an agenda that only Sucky as our starter will please you. You are a Jets fan correct?
    Wow, why all the anger? Rainy day in Ormond Beach or what? There's no agenda here. I'll repeat: The question is who will win, not who should or who we want. And it seems about 50% think it will be Sanchez. Whether they are resigned to the fact or happy about it is irrelevant.

Hey, maybe JI should sell the poll data to Mehta and let him do another LOL breaking news story!

Rookie
    I just have a feeling garrard is going to win. He's always been solid. And was the front runner the year he tore his knee. He would be a great mentor for Geno as well

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by mike309 View Post
    Sanchez will be and should be the starter. Guys on this board are way over the top on Smith, there is a reason why he lasted until pick 39. When is the last time a big time QB came from West Virgina. This guy will be a below average NFL QB.
    Jeff Hosstetler....Super Bowl winner. Btw who won the last Super Bowl? When is the last time a big time QB came from Delaware? Your real question should be when is last time a QB came from USC and didn't suck