46 26.59%
  • Smith

43 24.86%
  • McElroy

1 0.58%
  • Simms

3 1.73%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who wins the QB competition, based on what whe know today?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    There is not a single actual reason to start Sanchez again. He has no ability, no confidence, fans HATE him, he can't throw a swing pass or a screen, he is an interception machine, he fumbles if breathed on too hard, and he is a lame duck. But let's trot him out there again. Brilliant
    THANK YOU!!!!!

Anyone suggesting that butt-fumble starts is an idiot who hopes we suck horribly this year.
    Not happening, losers!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Sit Geno for a year. Sanchez starts, and rebuilds his value.
    Correct.

Undrafted Free Agent
    The Jets have reached the point of no return with Sanchez. His play has been atrocious for two years. Terrible accuracy. Poor decision making. Bad football IQ and instincts. Lacks leadership qualities. Doesn't elevate the play of the players around him. Thin skin. No self confidence.....and the front office clearly has lost all confidence in him. I'm not sure why anyone thinks this any of this is going to magically change this year. He has gotten worse as a QB over the last two years. He was given last year to right the ship that sank in 2011, and he managed to sink it further. He's toast in this town. Maaaaaybe a change of scenery will reinvigorate him and salvage his career, but I think he's done in NY and will never take another starting snap for the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by mike309 View Post
    Sanchez will be and should be the starter. Guys on this board are way over the top on Smith, there is a reason why he lasted until pick 39. When is the last time a big time QB came from West Virgina. This guy will be a below average NFL QB.
    Ever hear of a guy named Jeff Hostettler? Ask the Bills about how bad he is.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The only reason Sanchez is on this team is because of the stupid contract Tanny gave him.

He will never win a minute of playing time here.

I actually think Sanchez will win it in camp but will not last the season as the starter.

I cant believe people are still making excuses and think Sanchez should start. It is just crazy and not an option for this team. He has been a below average QB his whole career now. Garrard was a viable starter and Geno is 10x the talent Sanchez ever was. Most of all he has proven he has no heart or will to win. He doesnt have the killer instinct and brings no upside. There is 0 reason to think Sanchez even is in Green week one much less the starter. He was benched last year for Greg "the cancer" McElroy. You cant get any lower then that.

Garrard will win the job in camp, get injured in week 2, Sanchez will take over for 3 weeks till Rex wants to kill him, then Smith the rest of the way.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Jets will start Sanchez.

Geno Smith will continue to be developed and practice through Training Camp and into the season. The Jets and MM will gauge his progress weekly as he learns in practice and on the sideline during game situations with a headset.

Then somewhere around Week 4, 5, 6, etc. Sanchez will completely sh!t the bed, going into the locker room at halftime with 5 completions and 3 INTs. Rex will look over at MM and MM will simply nod his head "yes."

Out of the tunnel comes Geno Smith for the 2nd half, starting QB of the New York Jets. We'll never see Sanchez play again.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 04-30-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Veteran
    I dont see how the Jets can't test the waters with Smith, thay have to see what they have prior to next years draft. While Smith needs a year to grow, Jets must find out what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    I dont see how the Jets can't test the waters with Smith, thay have to see what they have prior to next years draft. While Smith needs a year to grow, Jets must find out what they have.
    Before they consider putting the kid out there theyre gonna want to know if the o-line can keep him from getting killed or not. If not, they'll let Sanchez get his head kicked in all season instead.

Jets Insider VIP
    Garrard will win the job by miles over the turnover machine and be the starter, stay healthy and effective and throw more touchdowns than picks. Might be the starter in 2014 too.

McElroy will backup and Smith will learn

Hopefully the turnover machine will be released, but if not, he needs to be inactive and never see the field until the Jets can release him in the next offseason

What we can't afford is his 26 turnovers a season for even a minute ok in 2013

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Before they consider putting the kid out there theyre gonna want to know if the o-line can keep him from getting killed or not. If not, they'll let Sanchez get his head kicked in all season instead.
    Agreed, but I think at some point this year they need to know what they have. Correct me if I am wrong, next years draft is predicted to have a couple big QB's coming out, the Jets just need to know.

i hate this but im pretty confident they will start sanchez..

If I was the coach Garrard starts this year and switch to geno in 2014.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    There is not a single actual reason to start Sanchez again. He has no ability, no confidence, fans HATE him, he can't throw a swing pass or a screen, he is an interception machine, he fumbles if breathed on too hard, and he is a lame duck. But let's trot him out there again. Brilliant
    I believe that starting Sanchez helps us towards a goal of the #1 overall pick next year and it leaves Smith on the bench where he can learn. Call me a cynic and maybe i am but that makes a lot of sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Ever hear of a guy named Jeff Hostettler? Ask the Bills about how bad he is.
    Marc Bulger was pretty good as well in his day

Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    i hate this but im pretty confident they will start sanchez..

If I was the coach Garrard starts this year and switch to geno in 2014.
    Thank god YOU, and NONE of these other self proclaimed geniuses are the Coach, or ANY PART of the Jets front office.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Thank god YOU, and NONE of these other self proclaimed geniuses are the Coach, or ANY PART of the Jets front office.
    elaborate

just for the hell of it lol
    http://youtu.be/8LL8FHwqDTs

Jets Insider VIP
    It appears that the Turnover Machine is starting to fumble away his early lead in this poll