Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "No Jets QB Can Succeed, Because the Jets Offense Has No Talent"

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    all the media morons saw Eisen going for those yucks on Thursday and Friday and are giving it a try...

as they sing in the Book of Mormon

"Turn em off"
    February 28, 2013 - Las Vegas odds on the Jets winning the Super Bowl 40 - 1

April 29, 2013 - Las Vegas odds on the Jets winning the Super Bowl 100 - 1

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    seriously

pay no attention to what the Mike and Mikes and the rest of the media buffoons say about anything. Do as I did, turn off sports talk radio and leave it off

QB was the major problem the last two seasons with the 52 turnover suck machine at that position. David Garrard will finally be a competent and efficient player occupying that position and he will make the other 10 players on offense better. Greg McElroy will be an adequate backup and Geno Smith a more than adequate developmental QB who should be ready to step in in 2014 or 2015 when he is ready having been mentored by Garrard
    I watched every game over and I saw a large number of catchable passes being dropped. I saw a sub par running game and awful blocking.

The wideouts suck because they can't catch the damn ball.

The no talent theory is correct

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Funny thing is that Green Bay manages to be very successful even though they have no running game to speak of and Aaron Rogers got sacked more times than Sanchez did.
    Again, you're talking about 1 of the 5 living legends. Brady, Manning, Manning, Rodgers, they're all headed to the Hall of Fame.

Mark Sanchez was never that type of talent. He's Phil Simms. Give him a good running game and a power defense and he'll do well. Ask him to carry the whole team, he'll fall apart.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    1980 called. It wanted to let you know that you can't win in today's league in spite of your QB.
    Well then fire your head coach because apparently he does.

All we care about is defense and rushing, defense and rushing. Even in the years we had playoff success, we didn't invest in the WR position. A revolving door of old has-been receivers in and out, in and out, very unlike other franchise QB's who are given young WR's to play with consistently and develop a rapport with.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Konrad Reuland at TE..I like..I think he is a good fit for a WCO..

Clyde Gates at WR..Let's see what an offseason does..He needs to improve his route running and in a major way (rounds too many off)..But he has talent

I'd also add I expect the OL to perform better. Pass blocking on the right side last season was very inconsistent..

And the Jets have a tried and true OC..
    Reuland is vastly underrated. He is very good at short and intermeduate routes plus he blocks well! He did not have the benefit of a training camp with us, but he will this year. Cumberland runs a 4.5 40 at 255 pounds. He is a work in progress but he is very talented. Given a more accurate QB, this guy can brust upon the scene and be a very good TE. The unknown is the Aussie but he has a world of talent!

Gates is one of the fastest guys in the NFL. Yes he has alot to learn, as does Hill. Holmes is a legit receiver as is Kerley. We have a slew of guys with talent that need a break! Jordan White is one that comes to mind. Keep an eye on Spagnola our UDFA.

Chris Ivory and Goodwin are very explosive and can catch out of the backfield. That is a demand that MM makes of his RBs. McKnight will excel in this scheme too and Powell is no slouch.

The OL has two pro bowl players ! How many OLs can say that? I love the WINTERS pick. He is a ROBERT TURNER brawler type with more talent! Howard is not as bad as some here are fond of saying. He came on at the end of last season and probably allowed some sacks but did the QB hold the ball too long? Ask our pro bowl LT. He gave up sacks too as a result of inconsistent QB play! Colon is a very, very good OG. Schlauderaff is versitile and can play OG and center! He is a decent blocker and getting better in the run game. Give that OL some time together and it will be fine!

I think the no talent nonsense is just that! Media NONSENSE and Sanchez apologists making excuses!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 04-30-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I watched every game over and I saw a large number of catchable passes being dropped. I saw a sub par running game and awful blocking.

I think your Seahawks have a heckuva lot more talent than that

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Again, you're talking about 1 of the 5 living legends. Brady, Manning, Manning, Rodgers, they're all headed to the Hall of Fame.

Mark Sanchez was never that type of talent. He's Phil Simms. Give him a good running game and a power defense and he'll do well. Ask him to carry the whole team, he'll fall apart.

SAR I

The point is that there are any number of QBs in the NFL who can perform under pressure and who don't wilt under a pass rush. Mark Sanchez IS NOT one of those QBs.

This is very true!! I participated in the game threads for almost every game this year and everyone was yelling about dropped passes and catchable balls in traffic. Hill dropped 4 in one game and at least a TD in another. Cumberland dropped a gimme TD against the Texans that would have set the tone for the game early (BTW Sanchez played well that night). Or how about Greene that cant catch a cold and it always seem to come on 3rd downs. At the end of the day no one cares about dropped passes and only that Sanchez is below 60%.

Jets Insider VIP
    Opposing defensive players didn't drop those 52 interceptions and lost fumbles the past two seasons which is why the Turnover Machine sucks and needs to be replaced by David Garrard in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    This.

Anyone who thinks that the offense that came out of Cortland last August was NFL-ready needs to have his head examined. No quarterback could've succeeded with that low level of talent around him, Mark Sanchez included.

Let me remind everyone that nobody was worried about Mark Sanchez opening day 2011. We were all in Aso mode, making reservations for the Super Bowl, quarterback was the least of our concern. Things went completely downhill when our running game stalled, when Wayne Hunter got toasted, and when the old wide receivers faded late. None of those issues were addressed in the 2012 off-season, and they continue to go unaddressed in the 2013 off-season.

We ruined Mark Sanchez and we will ruin Geno Smith too if we don't figure out a way to run the ball, protect the quarterback, and have some reliable receiving targets. I appreciate everyone's optimism and I realize that that is what April is supposed to be about, but this team is an offensive disaster and there's no reason to believe otherwise right now.

SAR I
    WRONG.

Just about everyone was OPTIMISTIC that Sanchez would grow more and become the franchise QB, but they were VERY concerned. He was the weakest link on offense at that time and everyone knew it.

As the season started, you started to see how bad guys like Wayne Hunter were, but the main concern on offense going into the 2011 season was MARK SANCHEZ.

All Pro

If we were going into the year with the receivers we had after injuries last year you'd be correct. In fact it's worse than that, because the receivers were running the wrong routes, or running them so poorly that Sanchez had no faith they'd be were they were supposed to be. Add to that the worst OC performance I've ever seen and you get what we saw last year. We were running timing plays with receivers we got off the street, and running long developing plays with RBs, and TEs that couldn't pass protect, and receivers that didn't know how to run a hot route. Sanchez should have been yelling at his receivers. Letting them know where they were supposed to be, and then drilling them in the back of the head if they didn't get it around in time. Instead he dropped into the fetal position. So you're right about the offense, but you're wrong about the opportunities for a QB this year.

All Pro
    Most of you all are right. That's what makes this so frustrating. Sure Sanchez was developed horribly. He had lousy receivers the last two years, and RBs that couldn't run, catch, or block well. They were all put in a position to fail by the OCs. We all know that character is revealed by adversity. Well Sanchez' character was revealed. I think we have some talent on offense right now though. Hill was starting to improve when he was injured, and he's got some real skills. Holmes is a very good receiver if his QB can manage him, and Kerley is a great slot receiver. Our new backs have some real potential, and our line can run block well, and can pass protect okay if we just get the ball out on time. Our new OC knows how to put it all together. I hope MM can make Sanchez look good enough to trade, but I don't want him leading this team. Sanchez is no leader. I hope we draft another QB, and WR next year, but I also hope Hill, and Smith develop.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Funny thing is that Green Bay manages to be very successful even though they have no running game to speak of and Aaron Rogers got sacked more times than Sanchez did.
    That's great if you have the best QB in the league. Since the Jets don't have the best QB, they should build an offense around their next QB.

By the way, how did Rogers do in his 3rd and 4th season? That's right, he was learning on the bench, which is what I think the Jets should do with Geno.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    WRONG.

Just about everyone was OPTIMISTIC that Sanchez would grow more and become the franchise QB, but they were VERY concerned. He was the weakest link on offense at that time and everyone knew it.

As the season started, you started to see how bad guys like Wayne Hunter were, but the main concern on offense going into the 2011 season was MARK SANCHEZ.
    This. We where all pretty much saying if Sanchez played well we could make the POs if he played bad we could go 4-12. He played really bad and we still managed to win 6. A number more then a few people said was our ceiling because of Mark. He was the biggest uestion mark we had going into the season. That was his year to prove himself and he didnt do it. The project is over IMO time to start over.