Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade my seats?

Upgrade my seats?

Very happy in my 129 seats row 12 above the tunnel....but now my rep calls with 143 row 8 (mid row)...I paid 4k each for the 129 and the 143 are a big hit at 15k. Like the idea of closer/sideline but hitting resistance on the homefront with regards to $ (she's a Giants' fan ) Am I crazy to switch to these seats (I'd finance on the 15 year plan for 11k)? 7k is 2.5 years of tickets and parking....ugh...how's parking on that side? I like lot D and Verizon exit...ok, this is more of a rant than a post...sorry.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    Very happy in my 129 seats row 12 above the tunnel....but now my rep calls with 143 row 8 (mid row)...I paid 4k each for the 129 and the 143 are a big hit at 15k. Like the idea of closer/sideline but hitting resistance on the homefront with regards to $ (she's a Giants' fan ) Am I crazy to switch to these seats (I'd finance on the 15 year plan for 11k)? 7k is 2.5 years of tickets and parking....ugh...how's parking on that side? I like lot D and Verizon exit...ok, this is more of a rant than a post...sorry.
    Upgrade next year. When the team goes 5-11 it will be easier.

i might be talking out of my ass not being a season ticket holder, but i'd wait for the ownership to show me they can put a winning team on the field before investing more $$ into supporting this team.

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Upgrade next year. When the team goes 5-11 it will be easier.
    I wish the Jets based the psl on performance...fixed price...trying to negotiate with them but not getting any perks.

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't know what your rep told you, bob, but 143 LGL seats are 7500 per seat, not 15K so your increase per seat would only be 3500 per for the PSL. I'd also ask your rep to see what is available in LSL (110 or 116 sunny side and 135 or 142 shade side. The PSL cost is only 2500 more per seat than the 143 seats and it moves you out to near the 20 yard line on the shade side or the 15 or so on the sun side.

Jets Insider VIP
    Is it difficult to do a "lateral" move? If I wanted to stay in the same section (same PSL value) and simply move location (i.e. closer to an aisle, a lower row, etc), can that be done at no cost?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Is it difficult to do a "lateral" move? If I wanted to stay in the same section (same PSL value) and simply move location (i.e. closer to an aisle, a lower row, etc), can that be done at no cost?
    Depends, I guess on availability if any in your section... doesn't cost anything to make a call, even from AZ

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Depends, I guess on availability if any in your section... doesn't cost anything to make a call, even from AZ
    Cool. I'll take a drive out to the phone!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Cool. I'll take a drive out to the phone!

LOL.... I'll try and not shut off the power before you get there

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I don't know what your rep told you, bob, but 143 LGL seats are 7500 per seat, not 15K so your increase per seat would only be 3500 per for the PSL. I'd also ask your rep to see what is available in LSL (110 or 116 sunny side and 135 or 142 shade side. The PSL cost is only 2500 more per seat than the 143 seats and it moves you out to near the 20 yard line on the shade side or the 15 or so on the sun side.
    For that price do they throw in the divorce attorney too? The 143 for 15k (total) is pushing my limit....just not sure if it's worth the move from 129 row 12.....

row 8 middle of the aisle 143 seats are 6K seats in secondary.

Middle of the aisle seats in row two recently sold for 6.5k each and row six by 144 in 143 is like 5k in seconday.

You row 13 seats are better in endzone, unless you get actual decent seats in 143 skip it.

Here are a few shots all from row one, different part of stadiums, you decide price vs seat where you would sit

Row one coaches club

row one knicks

rowoneUD

rowone endzone

rowonelgl

If you're happy with your current seats and going to finance the new seats - it would seem to me that you should stay put. Especially if the seats are solely a personal expense and you're not writing off taking clients or anything like that.

But at the end of the day its really a matter of what you can afford vs. what makes you happy.

Frankly, I was sort of shocked to hear the horror stories coming from some people in my section last season about going into hock to pay for their seats and desperately trying to unload them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    row 8 middle of the aisle 143 seats are 6K seats in secondary.

Middle of the aisle seats in row two recently sold for 6.5k each and row six by 144 in 143 is like 5k in seconday.

You row 13 seats are better in endzone, unless you get actual decent seats in 143 skip it.

Here are a few shots all from row one, different part of stadiums, you decide price vs seat where you would sit

Row one coaches club

row one knicks

rowoneUD

rowone endzone

rowonelgl
    Nice pics rojf...

Confirms pretty starkly that low row lower bowl is a terrific spot for sideline distraction and poor game view and perspective. Bob, definitely try to get a higher row in 143 where you can see the game if you choose to upgrade.

seats gone...in some ways I'm glad, makes my decision easier...and same day that property taxes paid and kids camp bills....must be an omen...

Sanchez got good seats....will he be able to see Geno from there?

All League
    seats gone...in some ways I'm glad, makes my decision easier...and same day that property taxes paid and kids camp bills....must be an omen...

Sanchez got good seats....will he be able to see Geno from there?
    We thought about doing the same thing. Ultimately, we kept our seats because we can always buy better seats on Stubhub when the mood hits us.

I got offered those same 143's row 8 as well when I was looking to move around but instead I just bought two psls off the secondary market at below 50% face in 142 and I'm looking to move my 148's now.

I sat right near your seats for the Houston game last year. 129 right on the railing to the tunnel. I am a huge believer in row over section. I'd rather have no people in front of me in the corner than far back seats on the sidelines. Week to week, you can get unlucky and have a family of volleyball players plop down in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by goarmysports View Post
    I got offered those same 143's row 8 as well when I was looking to move around but instead I just bought two psls off the secondary market at below 50% face in 142 and I'm looking to move my 148's now.
    Where did you get? there was that row 30 on aisle by 140 online for a while and also a cheap pair in row 17, what price did you end up paying and where.

I love 142 it is a great section

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Where did you get? there was that row 30 on aisle by 140 online for a while and also a cheap pair in row 17, what price did you end up paying and where.

I love 142 it is a great section
    I actually picked up the two on ebay in section 110. As soon as the seats hit my account I immediately transferred them into 142 since a location was available a few seats off the aisle closer to 140.

I noticed the row 30's on STR.com are still available and I was tempted to put in an offer but the price difference was no way worth it for me.

Could you buy cheap PSL online and use that to trade up from Jets? Combine my 4k PSL with a 4k PSL (buy for 1k online) and get 8k credit from jets ? Hmm..