Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade my seats?

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I reduced my number of seats by 2. Your rep doesn't know what he's talking about unless they changed the rules between last off season and this one. As long as the total dollar amount brings more aggregate PSL money to the Jets, they couldn't care less about the number of seats. They would let me trade in my 5 LSL seats for a two or 3 in a better section in a heartbeat as long as the aggregate PSL cost is increased. In fact I've been offered to do so by them.
    Hmmmmmm I think I get what your saying. It's different versus doing an even swap of 5 psls at 4k down to 2 at 10k.

So lets say I had three Lower Sideline seats I purchased and I wanted move into Lower Prime but only have two seats. The Jets should be willing to do that since I would still come out with a balance due of $10K at the end. Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    High row LL and low row Mezz are the best seats in the house.

Shady side rules. Everyone knows this.

SAR I
    Totally clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    While you are chatting see if any row one UD Prime seats are open
    You may want to look at those seats before you buy. On paper they look great but when you sit it them the railing obstructs 20% of your view of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    You may want to look at those seats before you buy. On paper they look great but when you sit it them the railing obstructs 20% of your view of the field.
    Row 1's probably do pretty well on the resale market though.

Quote Originally Posted by goarmysports View Post
    Hmmmmmm I think I get what your saying. It's different versus doing an even swap of 5 psls at 4k down to 2 at 10k.

So lets say I had three Lower Sideline seats I purchased and I wanted move into Lower Prime but only have two seats. The Jets should be willing to do that since I would still come out with a balance due of $10K at the end. Does that make sense?
    I was offered exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    just asked a different rep on the chat, same answer, can't do it....
    A few weeks ago, I was offered a pair of Lower Primes for 3 of my LSL's + a payment of $10,000.

You are dealing with idiots.

Jets Insider VIP
    High row LL and low row Mezz are the best seats in the house.

Shady side rules. Everyone knows this.

SAR I
    One of the few things we agree on. It's still largely subjective but in terms of viewpoint and value, a low row in a Mezz A corner or a high row in a lower level is kind of the sweet spot for the middle class PSL holder.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    One of the few things we agree on. It's still largely subjective but in terms of viewpoint and value, a low row in a Mezz A corner or a high row in a lower level is kind of the sweet spot for the middle class PSL holder.
    ...as well as the typical StubHub buyer.

If the typical StubHub buyer is looking at $150 as a max spend, that's a $25 profit for Mezz A corners but is a $49 loss for Mezz Club holders. Same for the LL. It's not just the PSL holder that's looking for value. It's the secondary market buyers and they set the pricing and the corners can always undercut the Club's while making money. The Club's will always lose money.

SAR I

When the Jets made the switch, I refused to pay for a psl, then after this terrible season, I stumbled onto Ebay and found a psl cheap, so for the past couple of months I've been a bottom dweller and scooping up some psls at crazy prices. Mostly on "seasonticketsource." I've been making super low bids and getting a hit on some of them.

My intention, was to sell some of them in a year or two when the Jets turn it around, but when I read about a week ago the interesting idea to "trade up" on this thread.
    My best buy was about a month ago when I bought 2 in section 235 for $1100.
    So anyway I have about $60,000 in psls for about $15,000.

The set I am going to use is 4 in sect 244 or 4 in sect 245a.

So, I spoke with a rep the other day and essentially she said it does not matter what you paid or who paid for them you have the psl's in the amount of the psl. So even though I paid $1100 for 2 seats in 235, I have $15000, in psl's. So when trading around the stadium it does not matter who paid, you can still make that switch.

That being said the rep told me they (the Jets) would be "reluctant" to trade "X" amount of seats for 4 premium seats because they do not want to be left with all of the open seats I would be trading in. But she said we'll talk when that time comes around and gave me her name and number. A very nice and informative conversation.

So anyway, that's my take and experience on it.

Quote Originally Posted by junker68 View Post
    When the Jets made the switch, I refused to pay for a psl, then after this terrible season, I stumbled onto Ebay and found a psl cheap, so for the past couple of months I've been a bottom dweller and scooping up some psls at crazy prices. Mostly on "seasonticketsource." I've been making super low bids and getting a hit on some of them.

My intention, was to sell some of them in a year or two when the Jets turn it around, but when I read about a week ago the interesting idea to "trade up" on this thread.

So, I spoke with a rep the other day and essentially she said it does not matter what you paid or who paid for them you have the psl's in the amount of the psl. So even though I paid $1100 for 2 seats in 235, I have $15000, in psl's. So when trading around the stadium it does not matter who paid, you can still make that switch.

That being said the rep told me they (the Jets) would be "reluctant" to trade "X" amount of seats for 4 premium seats because they do not want to be left with all of the open seats I would be trading in. But she said we'll talk when that time comes around and gave me her name and number. A very nice and informative conversation.

That sounds great, but there is no "seasonticketsource," right?

...as well as the typical StubHub buyer.

If the typical StubHub buyer is looking at $150 as a max spend, that's a $25 profit for Mezz A corners but is a $49 loss for Mezz Club holders. Same for the LL. It's not just the PSL holder that's looking for value. It's the secondary market buyers and they set the pricing and the corners can always undercut the Club's while making money. The Club's will always lose money.

SAR I
    Row 1 corners for sure. But I've sold Row 8 Mezz A corners row 8 on the aisle and LSL row 27 & 31 and trust me, for the same exact game, a LSL seat will sell for $300 (more than double face) faster than a non row 1 mezz corner will sell for $175 ($50 over face). Outside of row 1, Mezz A is a break-even-at-best and more often a losing proposition. Fact is that corners or not, Mezz A puts you behind the end line. No matter how you spin it, it is an end zone view and therefore limited in value.

So theoretically you could buy 2 seats in row 30 Section 142 for $5K each on the secondary market and then trade them up with the Jets for potentially row 1 seats in the same section or comparable LLS sections? If that's true it could be worth the roll of the dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    That sounds great, but there is no "seasonticketsource," right?
    My bad "seasonticketrights"

I guess I combined both websites, pslsource or whatever.

So theoretically you could buy 2 seats in row 30 Section 142 for $5K each on the secondary market and then trade them up with the Jets for potentially row 1 seats in the same section or comparable LLS sections? If that's true it could be worth the roll of the dice.
    Yes, if available, I would imagine the Jets would probably pick and chose.
    If I'm the Jets I would want to sell that PSL to a "new" customer.

Yes, if available, I would imagine the Jets would probably pick and chose.
    If I'm the Jets I would want to sell that PSL to a "new" customer.
    Understood! But with the prices on the secondary market, the number of "new" customers will be limited. So you may have some bargaining power to trade up with the Jets.

Understood! But with the prices on the secondary market, the number of "new" customers will be limited. So you may have some bargaining power to trade up with the Jets.
    I wish we could actually see what's available to move into besides just hearing what our reps tell us over the phone. I called in and did the online chat looking to move and both reps gave me completely different locations.

I was able to move my Knicks full seasons and my Yankees weekend plan this year with that cool interactive online display they integrated into the my account section.

Quote Originally Posted by goarmysports View Post
    I wish we could actually see what's available to move into besides just hearing what our reps tell us over the phone. I called in and did the online chat looking to move and both reps gave me completely different locations.

I was able to move my Knicks full seasons and my Yankees weekend plan this year with that cool interactive online display they integrated into the my account section.
    Those interactive displays for upgrades are pretty neat but to Junker's point, the Jets probably want to be involved in the upgrade process since PSLs are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    A few weeks ago, I was offered a pair of Lower Primes for 3 of my LSL's + a payment of $10,000.

You are dealing with idiots.
    Now would they let you buy four MEZZ B seats that go for like $400 each on line with a face of 10K and trade them in with your 3 LSLs for two Lower Prime Seats? I would not pay cash out of pocket for nothing from Jets right now unless it is a "movie star" seat

Those interactive displays for upgrades are pretty neat but to Junker's point, the Jets probably want to be involved in the upgrade process since PSLs are involved.
    Reps dont even see all that is available. They only see what is available to sell.
    For instance, comps, sponsor, NFL seats as well as some really good PSL seats are all not on screen.

A approval from Upper mgt is needed to release them. So you see average seats from PSL reps and occasionally a great seat. Also Jets do horse trading.

Like Lifestyles week at Hedonism where wife swapping happens you get what you give.

For instance I traded lower level row 3 on aisle seats for better seats in a slightly better section when I moved to better seats. Jets loved the deal as I bought seats that cost more while the seats I gave up were so good they sold them in ten minutes, same rep sold my old seats in a matter of minutes. So he sold four PSLs in that upgraded move.

Trading 6 middle of aisle dripline Mezz B seats with a face of 15k as opposed to trading two LGL on the aisle seats by LSL with a face of 15k which trade would you take?

Remember rep who fights with boss to open up great seats for you in the 143 move will do it as he knows he can sell your olds seats in a minute and get commission. The six mezz B seats will just sit there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post

Like Lifestyles week at Hedonism where wife swapping happens you get what you give.
    Nice analogy, that's good.