Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Munsters vs the Adams Family: Which was Better?

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Of course you followed this up with "Our special today is blackened Bat-Wing with a side of pan-seared spiders LOLOLOLOLOLOL"

-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Did you say yutes?
    Lol.

Ted Knight once asked me if I wanted to smoke dope with his kid. Said his son liked to have someone to get high with. I declined.

John Ritter was a paranoid coke head who couldn't go 20 minutes with going to the "mens room".

Gabe Kaplan was cheap and tipped less than 10%.

Ginger Rogers, still elegant in her late 60s, tipped over 30%.

Tony Curtis' 40-something ex-wife, Leslie, had fabulously huge cans and screwed the hell out of my 18 year old best friend all one summer until Tony found out and threatened to cut his balls off.

I got tons more.

I really liked the Addams Family, but I really loved the Munsters. It was hysterical.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Lol.

Ted Knight once asked me if I wanted to smoke dope with his kid. Said his son liked to have someone to get high with. I declined.

John Ritter was a paranoid coke head who couldn't go 20 minutes with going to the "mens room".

Tony Curtis' 40-something ex-wife, Leslie, had fabulously huge cans and screwed the hell out of my 18 year old best friend all one summer until Tony found out and threatened to cut his balls off.

I got tons more.
    Kaplan cheap!! Saving his money for poker tourneys.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Munsters best episode (IMO) was Herman trying out for the Dodgers and hitting howitzers. With a guest appearance by Leo Durocher.

Hall Of Fame

who saw this coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    who saw this coming?
    I don't know that guy but I know a Kaplan... can't say this is surprising.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I don't know that guy but I know a Kaplan... can't say this is surprising.
    Welcome Back, Kotter

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Lol.

I got tons more.
    Great stuff!!! You could start your own thread! Story time with Uncle Guido!

Seriously, if ya got more, spill it!

Schluberator & Gadfly ®

I got tons more.
    Yeah, they're peekin' thru.....

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post

Sounds like "Tales From A Hired Gun: The story of a booming swinger's community for the rich and famous".

LMAO.

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah, they're peekin' thru.....

a friend of mine massaged him professionally, he thought he was gay.

Jets Insider VIP

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    So your friend massaged Tony and Guido's pal massaged Leslie? What a co-inky-dink! Maybe Tony swung both ways?

Hall Of Fame
    So your friend massaged Tony and Guido's pal massaged Leslie? What a co-inky-dink! Maybe Tony swung both ways?
    my friend said he massaged three celebrities - Tony Curtis, Kathleen Turner, and ...Adrian Zmed

Curtis Gay
    Turner - not a word spoken
    Zmed - nice guy not gay

Lol...ok. Kind of like a Chowd TMZ of the 70's?

Gabe Kaplan didn't stand out as a cheap guy. Many of the "Stars" pinched pennies, ordered the specials, and tipped marginally. Most of the actors in Summer Stock in the day were on the north side of their careers, or weren't big names to begin with. Lots of soap stars, sitcom stars, or older movie stars. Welcome Back Kotter, for instance, had just ended it's run when Gabe starred in Groucho. A role he was really excellent playing. In addition to Mr. Kottah, I waited on Horshack (total ass) who starred in a very unfunny comedy, and Epstein ( a pretty decent regular guy), who actually headlined a bad musical.

The casts were required to show up at the restaurant on opening night for an after show party. Sometimes, that's the only time we'd see them. Others would eat there every night, and you kind of got to know them. Tony Perkins and his new wife, Berry Berenson were prepping a show for Broadway so they spent 3 weeks. I waited on them a dozen times at least. I once asked him why he always took such creepy roles. He glared at me, the veins popping out of his neck and forehead. He started shaking ever so slightly while staring me down. Freaked the crap out of me. The guy could act. On opening night, his wife's sister, model Marissa Berenson, made a big splash by arriving in grassy parking lot in a helicopter. He was skinny as hell, almost emaciated. A few years later on he died of AIDS.

Ted Knight was the most generous tipper I ever had and once treated his whole cast and crew (about 40 people) to 2 pound baked stuffed lobsters. A very big deal for us at the time.

John Boy Walton told us he wanted "Potato Skins" and explained what they were. They hadn't hit any menus on the east coast yet, so we thought he was nuts. ''You just want the SKIN"?

The entire cast of Godspell partied at my house, (we had a piano). It went until 4 in the morning and was by far the best party of my life. Great music, some recreational drugs, and a BJ by Mary Magdelen that I'll never forget.

Classiest actors: Hume Cronin and Jessica Tandy. Real stars, too.

Biggest Drunk: Cloris Leachman. Damn she looked rugged then, can't imagine her in person now. She hit on most of the young waiters and no one would touch that.

Quietest: Gary Berghoff (Radar) Clearly self conscious about his hand. very understated personality.

Loudest: Jon Waters, a local PTown resident was a total wacko, but hilarious. The guy was just nuts and his entourage was, let's call it, "colorful".

That's enough for now. I could go on for hours. I spent 4 summers there and there were 14 shows per summer.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 05-01-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by parkwayjet1 View Post
    Munsters best episode (IMO) was Herman trying out for the Dodgers and hitting howitzers. With a guest appearance by Leo Durocher.
    Herman the Rookie, a classic episode...I don't know whether to sign him or send him to Vietnam...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

"Friend"

Mmmkay

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    "Friend"

Mmmkay

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    "Bone buddies".