Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Chris Ivory contract

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,202

    Chris Ivory contract

    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 1h
    RB Chris Ivory didn't receive $10M, as widely reported. It was 3 yr deal, $6M, including $2.25 signing bonus. #Jets

    even better

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    W. Germany
    Posts
    1,158
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 1h
    Per league records, Chris Ivory's base salary for 2013 will be $750k #nyj

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 1h
    RB Chris Ivory didn't receive $10M, as widely reported. It was 3 yr deal, $6M, including $2.25 signing bonus. #Jets

    even better
    Isn't that what Goodson got as well?

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Confederacy
    Posts
    13,388
    HOLY CRAP WHAT A DEAL!


  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,067
    Who reported the 10 mill...??


    Let me guess....

    Initials MM

    Employer NYDNews

  6. #6
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,356
    It's a very cheap deal. So if he breaks out this year and puts up some real numbers we can expect he and his agent to have something to say. Thus is life in the NFL. Hopefully we have to give him a new deal, it means he ran the hell out of the ball.

  7. #7
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,187
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    It's a very cheap deal. So if he breaks out this year and puts up some real numbers we can expect he and his agent to have something to say. Thus is life in the NFL. Hopefully we have to give him a new deal, it means he ran the hell out of the ball.
    +1....that's a problem I'd like to have.

  8. #8
    This contract is awesome because:

    1) If he balls, we are paying him peanuts
    2) If he continues his injury issues, we can cut bait next year pretty damn easily
    3) He's making less than Shonn Greene! LOL. A decent amount less too.

  9. #9
    Makes you wonder how much he was making in NO . . .

  10. #10
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 3h
    The max value for Chris Ivory's 3-year deal is $10 million. There are escalators in 2014 and 2015 (as much as $2M each year). #nyj
    So it could be $6M, and it could be $10m, and it depends on escalators that are undefined. I'm going to assume $8M until more is made clear.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Makes you wonder how much he was making in NO . . .
    He was set to make a hair over $2 million this year on his restricted free agent tender, but before that he was making very little money since he was a UDFA in 2010. I would imagine this is his first year making greater than $1 million and we just cut him a $2.25 million check for his signing bonus.

    It's not a boatload of money, but it is to him in comparison to what he was making. Perhaps he views this as a chance to prove himself and then garner an extension next year or the year after.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    He was set to make a hair over $2 million this year on his restricted free agent tender, but before that he was making very little money since he was a UDFA in 2010. I would imagine this is his first year making greater than $1 million and we just cut him a $2.25 million check for his signing bonus.

    It's not a boatload of money, but it is to him in comparison to what he was making. Perhaps he views this as a chance to prove himself and then garner an extension next year or the year after.
    +1 In 2012 he made 490,000

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    3,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    He was set to make a hair over $2 million this year on his restricted free agent tender, but before that he was making very little money since he was a UDFA in 2010. I would imagine this is his first year making greater than $1 million and we just cut him a $2.25 million check for his signing bonus.

    It's not a boatload of money, but it is to him in comparison to what he was making. Perhaps he views this as a chance to prove himself and then garner an extension next year or the year after.
    Great deal. He's said all along that he just wants to prove himself and get touches. He was buried on the Saints depth chart under a guy he's far better than just because because Micky Loomis couldn't accept wasting a 1st and 2nd rounder on Ingram.

  14. #14
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Green Frozen North
    Posts
    186
    WOW!!!

    I think this kid will ball for us.

    A faster but more injury-prone M. Lynch beast

    If he gets jersey number 22.... Im buying

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    when the rumors started I wanted nothing to do with it, but looking at it now what we gave up and what we are paying him is a pretty good deal

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,739
    Has Jason broken it down yet?

    EDIT: Looks like it is basically a two-year deal. Only $750k dead money w/ $2MM savings if cut prior to Year 3.

    Last edited by DDNYjets; 04-30-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us