Thread: Chris Ivory contract

All League

Chris Ivory contract

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 1h
    RB Chris Ivory didn't receive $10M, as widely reported. It was 3 yr deal, $6M, including $2.25 signing bonus. #Jets

even better

Veteran
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 1h
    Per league records, Chris Ivory's base salary for 2013 will be $750k #nyj

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 1h
    RB Chris Ivory didn't receive $10M, as widely reported. It was 3 yr deal, $6M, including $2.25 signing bonus. #Jets

even better
    Isn't that what Goodson got as well?

Banned
    HOLY CRAP WHAT A DEAL!

Jets Insider VIP
    Who reported the 10 mill...??

Let me guess....

Initials MM

Employer NYDNews

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It's a very cheap deal. So if he breaks out this year and puts up some real numbers we can expect he and his agent to have something to say. Thus is life in the NFL. Hopefully we have to give him a new deal, it means he ran the hell out of the ball.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    It's a very cheap deal. So if he breaks out this year and puts up some real numbers we can expect he and his agent to have something to say. Thus is life in the NFL. Hopefully we have to give him a new deal, it means he ran the hell out of the ball.
    +1....that's a problem I'd like to have.

This contract is awesome because:

1) If he balls, we are paying him peanuts
    2) If he continues his injury issues, we can cut bait next year pretty damn easily
    3) He's making less than Shonn Greene! LOL. A decent amount less too.

Makes you wonder how much he was making in NO . . .

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 3h
    The max value for Chris Ivory's 3-year deal is $10 million. There are escalators in 2014 and 2015 (as much as $2M each year). #nyj
    So it could be $6M, and it could be $10m, and it depends on escalators that are undefined. I'm going to assume $8M until more is made clear.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Makes you wonder how much he was making in NO . . .
    He was set to make a hair over $2 million this year on his restricted free agent tender, but before that he was making very little money since he was a UDFA in 2010. I would imagine this is his first year making greater than $1 million and we just cut him a $2.25 million check for his signing bonus.

It's not a boatload of money, but it is to him in comparison to what he was making. Perhaps he views this as a chance to prove himself and then garner an extension next year or the year after.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    He was set to make a hair over $2 million this year on his restricted free agent tender, but before that he was making very little money since he was a UDFA in 2010. I would imagine this is his first year making greater than $1 million and we just cut him a $2.25 million check for his signing bonus.

It's not a boatload of money, but it is to him in comparison to what he was making. Perhaps he views this as a chance to prove himself and then garner an extension next year or the year after.
    +1 In 2012 he made 490,000

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post

Great deal. He's said all along that he just wants to prove himself and get touches. He was buried on the Saints depth chart under a guy he's far better than just because because Micky Loomis couldn't accept wasting a 1st and 2nd rounder on Ingram.

Undrafted Free Agent
    WOW!!!

I think this kid will ball for us.

A faster but more injury-prone M. Lynch beast

If he gets jersey number 22.... Im buying

All League
    when the rumors started I wanted nothing to do with it, but looking at it now what we gave up and what we are paying him is a pretty good deal

Hall Of Fame
    Has Jason broken it down yet?

EDIT: Looks like it is basically a two-year deal. Only $750k dead money w/ $2MM savings if cut prior to Year 3.

Last edited by DDNYjets; 04-30-2013 at 08:31 PM.