Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cimini: Braylon 3.0

Cimini: Braylon 3.0

espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/22923/braylon-3-0-could-be-some-interest?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Braylon 3.0? Could be some interest
    April, 30, 2013

GM John Idzik and Rex Ryan went on an all-out media blitz Tuesday, with Idzik hitting four radio shows and Ryan one. They also were together for a conference call with season-ticket holders, answering questions from fans. I'm surprised they didn't show up on "The View."

Anyway, here are some nuggets culled from a day of listening to them spit back their talking points:

INTEREST IN BRAYLON: Idzik admitted (sort of) the Jets might have an interest in re-signing WR Braylon Edwards. He acknowledged they're looking upgrade their depth, and he had some nice things to say about Edwards, whom he knows from their few months together in Seattle last year. Idzik: "I know [Edwards] very well. Guys like that would be under consideration as we go forward, for sure."

TINY TIM: Ryan added to the postmortem on Tim Tebow, saying they misused the former backup quarterback. Said Ryan: "We really didn't take advantage, in my opinion, of his skill set. It's nobody's fault. Ultimately, it's my fault."

REX'S FUTURE: There was a lot of talk about Ryan's future, considering he's perceived as a lame-duck coach. That, Ryan admitted, is motivation. He said, "To say I don't have a chip on my shoulder and I'm not going to show it ... Well, I'm going to show it." Naturally, Idzik said he and Ryan make a good team, and the GM avoided any comments about Ryan's future beyond 2013.

TO TELL THE TRUTH: Idzik took umbrage with Darrelle Revis' claim last week that he was misled by the GM. Revis basically called Idzik a liar for telling him he wasn't going to get traded. Asked if he misled Revis, Idzik said, "Absolutely not. I've been called a lot of names in my career -- and will be in the future -- but 'dishonest' is not one of them. Honestly and integrity will always be a calling card of the Jets. It always will be a big part of who I am. It will never change and it certainly didn't change in my relationship and communication with [Revis]."

Q RATING: Ryan admitted that DT Quinton Coples could be used as an edge player, with Muhammad Wilkerson and rookie Sheldon Richardson playing inside.

CONTRACT UPDATE: Turns out that RB Chris Ivory signed a three-year, $6 million contract, including a $2.25 million signing bonus. His cap number this year will be $1.5 million. RG Stephen Peterman signed a one-year, $905,000 contract, including a $65,000 signing bonus.

Undrafted Free Agent
    What we we do without you on this board CMart?

Thanks for posting

Is it 3 X $2mil plus the 2 mil signing bonus for a total over $8mil?
    Or is it $6mil total having first advances the 2 as a signing bonus?

Bring back the Beast

Great article. Idzik out there doing business as usual, that's it.

Braylon was GREAT for us! I'd be more than happy to welcome him back.

Even end of last year he did really nice.... considering the hack throwing the ball everywhere but the right spot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Q RATING: Ryan admitted that DT Quinton Coples could be used as an edge player, with Muhammad Wilkerson and rookie Sheldon Richardson playing inside.
    We're definitely going to a 4-3

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Braylon was GREAT for us! I'd be more than happy to welcome him back.

Even end of last year he did really nice.... considering the hack throwing the ball everywhere but the right spot.
    Agreed.... GREAT sig pic BTW

All League
    I really can't see a reason not to bring him back

-he is the best blocking wr on the roster
    -can be a great influence on hill
    -still has enough left in the tank to be a great #2/#3 with holmes/kerley
    -gives 110% for this team
    -will cost us next to nothing

not saying he puts up a 1000 yds, but he would be a big asset to the team

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post

Exactly. If the front office finds a more intriguing player to fill that spot, then fine. But otherwise bring him on and don't look back.

We have a very smart man as our GM. Be happy . Be proud. I feel we are in good hands. Idzik doesn't make many mistakes. Idzik will build a solid team with a solid foundation and this team will be good for 8-10 years not 2!

+1
    He was definitely an asset is his short return last season.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Agreed.... GREAT sig pic BTW
    Thank you, sir! Wish I knew who she was!

YEP! And he LOVES playing for Rex!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    We have a very smart man as our GM. Be happy . Be proud. I feel we are in good hands. Idzik doesn't make many mistakes. Idzik will build a solid team with a solid foundation and this team will be good for 8-10 years not 2!
    Proud indeed! It's pretty exciting!

Can't hurt to bring Edwards back. Best case scenario Stephen hill plays great and we cut Edwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Thank you, sir! Wish I knew who she was!
    Based on the fact the url for the image contains the title for some Italian Big Brother show, looks like this is the chick. Not positive though.

Cristina Del Basso from the show Grande Fratello.

Looks like same shower in this vid.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcDS9RMXLS0

This link seems safe too. But it's not hard to find other videos to do a more thorough investigation.
    http://www.hotironvideos.com/video/1...so-Without-Bra

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    We're definitely going to a 4-3
    Jets are going to run a 3/4 and mix in the 4/3 at times..imo... Jets don't have enough DLmen to run 4/3 consistently.

DL Depth

Garey
    Harrison
    Wilkerson
    Ellis
    Coples
    Richardson

Jets need more bodies for the 4/3 defense to work properly bc Harrison & Garey are strictly 34 NT's. That leaves four DLmen to run 43.

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Jets are going to run a 3/4 and mix in the 4/3 at times..imo... Jets don't have enough DLmen to run 4/3 consistently.

DL Depth

Garey
    Harrison
    Wilkerson
    Ellis
    Coples
    Richardson

Jets need more bodies for the 4/3 defense to work properly bc Harrison & Garey are strictly 34 NT's. That leaves four DLmen to run 43.
    Garay has played 4-3 in the NFL. Garrett McIntyre is a 4-3 DE and Pace would likely be better at DE as well.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

INTEREST IN BRAYLON: Idzik admitted (sort of) the Jets might have an interest in re-signing WR Braylon Edwards. He acknowledged they're looking upgrade their depth, and he had some nice things to say about Edwards, whom he knows from their few months together in Seattle last year. Idzik: "I know [Edwards] very well. Guys like that would be under consideration as we go forward, for sure."

From another thread :

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...46&postcount=6

So much for that theory. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by GangGreenAFFLICTION View Post
    What we we do without you on this board CMart?

Thanks for posting

Is it 3 X $2mil plus the 2 mil signing bonus for a total over $8mil?
    Or is it $6mil total having first advances the 2 as a signing bonus?
    C Mart is the glue of this forum, this forum is what it is because of him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post

DL Depth

Garey
    Harrison
    Wilkerson
    Ellis
    Coples
    Richardson

Coples rushes from the weak side LB position. The film is there from last year if you just look at it. There's no intrigue here we did it the last three games.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Coples rushes from the weak side LB position. The film is there from last year if you just look at it. There's no intrigue here we did it the last three games.
    We went 0-3 .