Thread: Jets Cuts-4/30

Jets Cuts-4/30

@RavensInsider: Jets' cuts: Claude Davis, Cliff Harris, D.J. Young (failure to disclose physical condition, injury waiver)

Explains why they were cut

@RichCimini: Ex-Jets Davis, Harris arrested for marijuana: FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Former Jets Defensive end Claude Davi... http://t.co/1GzvESrK9i #nyj

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Former Jets Defensive end Claude Davis and cornerback Cliff Harris were arrested and charged with possession of marijuana Monday in Morristown, N.J., Steve Sarinelli of the Morristown police department told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

It was less than 50 grams of marijuana, according to Sarinelli. They were released without bail.

The Jets had no comment. The players, both of whom signed reserve/future contracts in January, were waived on Tuesday.

A third person, Daniel Godfrey, 21, of Morristown, was in the back seat and charged with unlawful possession of a weapon -- a loaded handgun with a single hollow-point round, according to the police report. He was lodged in the Morris County correctional facility in default of $50,000 bail. Godfrey also was charged with possession of marijuana and intent to distribute. Godfrey has no affiliation with the Jets.

They were arrested at 9:21 p.m., when an officer saw an occupied vehicle filled with smoke, police said. The driver rolled down his window and the officer smelled the odor of burnt marijuana.
    Last edited by C Mart; 05-02-2013 at 05:02 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Explains why they were cut

@RichCimini: Ex-Jets Davis, Harris arrested for marijuana: FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Former Jets Defensive end Claude Davi... http://t.co/1GzvESrK9i #nyj
    Cliff Harris: million dollar talent, 10 cent head. Jets gave him his final chance...and he blew it.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Cliff Harris: million dollar talent, 10 cent head. Jets gave him his final chance...and he blew it.
    ehhh...weed. The NBA looks the other way about weed use; it's far better than letting those guys "have a few pops".

That said, the gun enhancement should make his Facebook page pop.

Idzik doesn't seem to tolerate character issues at all. I think some players with potential were passed over for that reason in the draft. I'll be surprised if 'Tone' lasts more than next year on this team.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Idzik doesn't seem to tolerate character issues at all. I think some players with potential were passed over for that reason in the draft. I'll be surprised if 'Tone' lasts more than next year on this team.
    I hear ya but Tone is gone even if he becomes a quireboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Remind the Braylon horde that Idzik cut him for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Idzik has directly said that he would consider Braylon being re-signed.

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    He did? When was Idzik the Seahawks GM?

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He did? When was Idzik the Seahawks GM?
    Shhh. Don't interrupt the jetsnsider.orh knowledge

@TheRedzoneorg: Ex-CCliff Harris arrested for second time in a week http://t.co/y2OmQAt4EO #NFL #Jets

Ex-Jet cornerback Cliff Harris was arrested Friday night according to KGW of Portland.

Harris was arrested after he was seen and heard arguing with his girlfriend.

Harris and his girlfriend went out to the parking lot where Harris was reportedly seen pushing her around, Reimann said.

Harris’ girlfriend did not press charges. The arrest was based on what witnesses saw. Harris was then bailed out of jail. He has a court date Tuesday morning.

He was cut from the New York Jets last weekend after he and teammate Claude Davis were arrested on accusations of marijuana possession.
    Last edited by C Mart; 05-06-2013 at 09:04 PM.

Veteran
    I hate that the media has to put ex-Jet when they talk about Harris. He was on the roster during the offseason. That doesn't count.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    I hate that the media has to put ex-Jet when they talk about Harris. He was on the roster during the offseason. That doesn't count.
    Smoking dope with a teammate in a car with a third party who is carrying a gun makes him a tool. And yes, sorry, he is an ex-Jet. Facts are facts even if the media does love to rag on us.