Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Salary Cap

Veteran

2014 Salary Cap

After this season, assuming Sanchez/Holmes is cut, what does our salary cap number look like? I know nyjetscap.com has all the info, but in all honesty, i don't know how to decipher that stuff! I'm just curious.

All League
    think could have around 50 million in cap space

According to Jason's site(Over the Cap)

Our current roster for 2014(not including the new draftees) is $96 million. Estimated cap is probably around $122 million leaving $26 million in cap space.

Cutting Sanchez and Holmes would make it $44 million in cap space.

Cutting Cromartie would earn another $9.5 million, bringing it to $53.5 million(roughly)

Looks like the Jets will be able to spend some serious coin next year

Also Harris 5 mil.

Hall Of Fame
    Sanchez, Holmes and Harris will all be off the books.

My guess is Cro will be restructured unless he has an awful year.

Should have around 50 million in cap space.

Jets Insider VIP
    Who wants to be the man and post the ufa's for next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Who wants to be the man and post the ufa's for next year?
    It isnt good. http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...tion=LB&y=2014

Explain it to me. Why is having 50 mill in cap space good when you don't have the players to go spend the money on? All they will do is not spend it and save Woody some coin.

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah the 2014 FA class sucks as a whole.

We will need to draft our players.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Explain it to me. Why is having 50 mill in cap space good when you don't have the players to go spend the money on? All they will do is not spend it and save Woody some coin.
    The jets have spent up to the cap pretty much every year since woody bought the team.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Wait till more people realize that the FA class sucks. They will go bonkers about Revis if he returns to form.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yeah the 2014 FA class sucks as a whole.

We will need to draft our players.
    Ugh, ugly list. I knew it wasn't going to be special, but that was worse than expected.

Draft is definitely more important, but I was hoping we could supplement that with a couple mid level free agents at some areas of need or one "splash" player. Doesn't look like either will be there.

Looks like Hakeem Nicks will be the WR headliner. As much as I love him and have loved him dating back to college, the incessant nagging injuries are a serious concern.

All League
    It is not a great crop next year, but still good players like Brian Orakpo, Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz. Also can extend a guy like Wilkerson. And will have good amount of space in 2015 as well.

Other teams will be having cap problems next year and cutting good players for us to sign

All League
    Sanchez, Harris and Holmes should be off the team. Keep Cro, extend Wilk.

Veteran
    Mangold and Brick will have to be redone along with Cro. I am not sure they release Harris, he lacks speed but he's a solid MLB he just isn't flashy. I think we probably go after a couple of higher end FA's, but our team will be built through the draft. Imagine for a second Geno panning out and becoming a better than average QB. The Jets could be loaded with great cap space and a QB to plan around in the future. Wow a difference a year could make.

Even I the FA class isn't great, we can still add some valuable players and extend some of our own. Don't forget, you can carry over cap space to the following year as well.

What do you guys think of Matt Ryan?

Nicks or Maclin would be amazing, though its unlikely. McFadden and MJD as RBs, also improbably but excellent. Aside from that I don't see much at skill positions. Jermichael Finley?

The list isn't THAT bad.

MJD, Jared Allen, Hakeem Nicks all guys who could definitely go to market.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/2...cker-list-2014

Quote Originally Posted by JmercJETS View Post
    Nicks or Maclin would be amazing, though its unlikely. McFadden and MJD as RBs, also improbably but excellent. Aside from that I don't see much at skill positions. Jermichael Finley?
    Jimmy Graham?

The Saints don't have enough money to lock up all their weapons without stripping their D. He could definitely go to market.