Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloomberg eviscerates the NY Times over "stop & frisk"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Bloomberg eviscerates the NY Times over "stop & frisk"

This is why we'll miss Bloomy...yes, he's a nanny, but NYC will be screwed if Quinn is our next Mayor..they elitist hypocrisy of the NYT has never been larger in display

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...MZwHnoRB2nSJ2I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Republicans/Conservatives should abandon NY, and let the freeloaders pay their own way. The rich have already started moving out.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    elitist hypocrisy of the NYT has never been larger in display
    I'll go you one further...not only it is it hypocrisy...it is, in and of itself, the worst sort of insideous liberal racism.

Its all about the pose and the perception (like most liberal jibber jabber)....and nothing to do with helping minorities at all...nothing.

Bloomy (and whomever really wrote that speech for him) are dead right.

If cops and the NYPD were truly racist, they would sit on their hands and do nothing as the good ole 80's and 90's returned...after all, what is another dead minority kid? Being pro-active these days is merely playing roulette with your pension...so why bother?

Because many of the cops care WAY more than the libs at the NY TImes?

COuldnt be!

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I'll go you one further...not only it is it hypocrisy...it is, in and of itself, the worst sort of insideous liberal racism.

Its all about the pose and the perception (like most liberal jibber jabber)....and nothing to do with helping minorities at all...nothing.

Bloomy (and whomever really wrote that speech for him) are dead right.

If cops and the NYPD were truly racist, they would sit on their hands and do nothing as the good ole 80's and 90's returned...after all, what is another dead minority kid? Being pro-active these days is merely playing roulette with your pension...so why bother?

Because many of the cops care WAY more than the libs at the NY TImes?

COuldnt be!

-

CR?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop and Frisk: Protecting the rights of the rich while violating the rights of the poorer classes (mostly minority).

This policy goes well with Bloomberg, he fed the rich (Wall St) information to make them richer. The cops as a whole may not be racist, the policy as practiced has been racist.

The numbers do not lie.

How about the cops who murdered that Bronx youth. He ran from them and ran into his house. How is that protecting the minority youths who live in NYC? Bloomberg needs to go.

Pot, Kettle situation here. Bye bye Bloomberg

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Stop and Frisk: Protecting the rights of the rich while violating the rights of the poorer classes (mostly minority).

This policy goes well with Bloomberg, he fed the rich (Wall St) information to make them richer. The cops as a whole may not be racist, the policy as practiced has been racist.

The numbers do not lie.

How about the cops who murdered that Bronx youth. He ran from them and ran into his house. How is that protecting the minority youths who live in NYC? Bloomberg needs to go.

Numbers don't lie murder is down substantially in the minority communities of NY.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The numbers do not lie.

What rights of the rich? Do the rich go around robbing people at gunpoint?
    Bloomberg fed Wall Street? Bloomberg is hardly a financial titan, although he is rich. He is no factor.
    The minority population just doesn't get it. Learn to behave. That means get an education, dress properly and follow rules. You'd be surprised how that works.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Bloomberg fed Wall Street? Bloomberg is hardly a financial titan, although he is rich. He is no factor.
    The minority population just doesn't get it. Learn to behave. That means get an education, dress properly and follow rules. You'd be surprised how that works.
    He does own the biggest world wide financial media outlet and is one of the 10 richest men in the world with a net worth around 30 billion.

As long as guns are run illegally into the minority communities from out of State there really is no other choice to Stop and Frisk with the exception of the acceptance of a rising minority murder rate.

While I don't like the stop and frisk policy the alternative has been a disaster for minority communities.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    He does own the biggest world wide financial media outlet and is one of the 10 richest men in the world with a net worth around 30 billion.

As long as guns are run illegally into the minority communities from out of State there really is no other choice to Stop and Frisk with the exception of the acceptance of a rising minority murder rate.

While I don't like the stop and frisk policy the alternative has been a disaster for minority communities.

So Carlos Slim dictates to Wall Street as well? And the Koch brothers? Having money is not always power. And his news outlests pale in comparison to Murdoch's.
    A criminal of any color has easy access to guns - period. When we imprison them they lose access.
    If you are not a criminal, you have nothing to worry about. Businesmen in $3000 suits at Wall and Broad are not getting stopped. Dirtbags get stopped. It's the right way to do things.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Carlos Slim dictates to Wall Street as well? And the Koch brothers? Having money is not always power. And his news outlests pale in comparison to Murdoch's.
    A criminal of any color has easy access to guns - period. When we imprison them they lose access.
    If you are not a criminal, you have nothing to worry about. Businesmen in $3000 suits at Wall and Broad are not getting stopped. Dirtbags get stopped. It's the right way to do things.
    Those dirtbags get tax payer funded bailouts after they loot the working class. They should be arrested and in jail.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you for real?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe if the SEC was stopping and frisking Wall Street guys in 3,000 dollar suits we wouldn't have had a housing crash?

Slim doesn't have to dictate to wall street he owns the Mexican government. Bloomberg Financial is by far the leading financial news in the World today and probably a lot more influential in many ways than Murdoch since he is influencing people who actually have power and money.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The choice of violating the rights of the citizenship is NEVER an excuse. This is nothing more than a power grab by Bloomberg and he is using his pulpit to bully people into believing more of his stories.

Good riddance Bloomberg. Americans love the constitution

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The choice of violating the rights of the citizenship is NEVER an excuse. This is nothing more than a power grab by Bloomberg and he is using his pulpit to bully people into believing more of his stories.

Good riddance Bloomberg. Americans love the constitution
    Americans misinterpret the Constitution all the time, it's one of the best things about the Constitution, it fits our own personal views very nicely.

The No. 1 reason for the Constitution is Life followed by liberty followed by the pursuit of happiness. Life comes first for a reason. The other 2 don't exist without it.

So far you haven't proven stop and frisk to be unconstitutional neither has anyone else so far. NYC has been far better off under the strong hands of both Giuliani and Bloomberg. NYC is among the safest and best run cities in the world today. Property values have skyrocketed and the community rich, poor and in between is doing better than ever.

People can vote with their feet and leave if they want to carry guns on the street. Plenty of places that allow gang bangers to carry with little fear of the police.

Frankly your defense of Gang bangers carrying weapons on the street as a first amendment right is an insult to the idea of the right to life.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 05-06-2013 at 11:47 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Americans misinterpret the Constitution all the time, it's one of the best things about the Constitution, it fits our own personal views very nicely.

The No. 1 reason for the Constitution is Life followed by liberty followed by the pursuit of happiness. Life comes first for a reason. The other 2 don't exist without it.

So far you haven't proven stop and frisk to be unconstitutional neither has anyone else so far. NYC has been far better off under the strong hands of both Giuliani and Bloomberg. NYC is among the safest and best run cities in the world today. Property values have skyrocketed and the community rich, poor and in between is doing better than ever.

People can vote with their feet and leave if they want to carry guns on the street. Plenty of places that allow gang bangers to carry with little fear of the police.

Frankly your defense of Gang bangers carrying weapons on the street as a first amendment right is an insult to the idea of the right to life.
    I don't believe in the Police State. Gang bangers do have fear; they go to places and trouble folks who don't have protection.

I have protection and I can protect myself. Other Americans should look to do the same. It is their right to do so. That way they can have a 'life'

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those dirtbags get tax payer funded bailouts after they loot the working class. They should be arrested and in jail.

99.9% of what they are doing is within the law. Period. 1 or 2 deserving have gone to jail. This after extensive reviews by Congress and the NYAG.

The dirtbags are the gangbangers who bring VIOLENT crime to decent people.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe if the SEC was stopping and frisking Wall Street guys in 3,000 dollar suits we wouldn't have had a housing crash?

Slim doesn't have to dictate to wall street he owns the Mexican government. Bloomberg Financial is by far the leading financial news in the World today and probably a lot more influential in many ways than Murdoch since he is influencing people who actually have power and money.

Bloomberg is a miodget little cockatoo who acts like Napolean. Short man complex. See ya Bloomie in about 8 months.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you for real?

I am very for real. Perhaps you are a gangbanger? Past or even present? Or have friends or family members who practice that fine art.

YOu seem to stand up quite a bit for the trash in our society. Maybe you shoulds spend a little time helping correct the attitudes of that ELEMENT.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't believe in the Police State. Gang bangers do have fear; they go to places and trouble folks who don't have protection.

I have protection and I can protect myself. Other Americans should look to do the same. It is their right to do so. That way they can have a 'life'
    Thats the stupidest thing I EVER heard.

So ...no police???

Look at where the majority of murder takes place and tell me that the law obiding citezens in those areas should have no police and should arm themselves.

Sad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Calling NYC a police state is laughable. NYC is one of the most open cities in the entire world. You can go anywhere any time day or night and enjoy what the city has to offer with virtually no fear. If you think NYC is a police State you are clearly delusional.