Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ESPN's updated power rankings after the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Are you saying that "right now" the only team Jets might be better than is the Jags? Or that, you don't think the only other team that can be worst than the Jets this year are the Jags.

I ask, because the Jets went 5-10 last year with the same team as this year (Shonn Greene for Chris Ivory/Powell, Gerrard/Sanchez/Smith vs. Sanchez/Tebow/McElroy). Landry and Slauson are the only good players who were healthy last season and left the team.

Honestly, you could easily make the argument that any of the bottom 7 teams (Jets, Jaguars, Bills, Raiders, Browns, Cardinals, and Titans) are among the leagues worst.
    JMO. I think the Jets right now are the second worse team in the NFL.
    last year was last year and has, no bearing on this year.
    The Jets took a Qb that going to help more down the road and isn't doing anything for you this year.

yes Jets have more bodies but If you know M Goodson everyone knows he has talent but there is a reason he spends more time on sidelines than in the games . He can't protect the football and isn't the best in pass protection. You cant't do that and how much time will he really get.
    C Ivory was an undrafted RB who was fourth string RB for a reason. He suddenly going to elevate the Jets running game . He might , but he might not. Very small sample to put your eggs in that basket.

You downgraded from Te position and Qb and Wr position is pretty much status quo. You probably upgraded your starting Oline but are one injury away at tackle from being real bad.

like I said before I don't see the dominating defense you think you have. that's where we probably differ and changes w.here we rank the Jets. If Jets defense defense is that good than they probably will be a lot higher. I just don't see it.

BTw last point. The Jets offense will be worse because this will be a totally new offense and a lot of these guys never played in a WCo offense. It just takes time and there will be learning curve.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-01-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    On paper we are easily in the bottom 10% talent-wise. League-worst might be a little harsh but when your best player is a 3-4 DE ...
    Really?? What position does DPOY JJ Watt play??

All League
    Charter JI Member

F ESPN

13-3....mark it down. That's right, I said it.

Defense will be better
    Offensive line will be better
    Running game with be 10x better
    QB play under MM will be 10x better.

Shock the World!

Tough to say but this team won 6 games last year with what I think is an even worse offense. I can't believe you can get a worse QB performance last year than Sanchez when you take into account the turnovers. IF the backs stay healthy I can't believe they will be worse than Jag Greene from last year and I also can't believe you could have a worse OC than goggles Pizano Sparano.

The defense is probably going to be weaker, at least initially due to youth if nothing else but I think the Jets are going to be a big surprise this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Really?? What position does DPOY JJ Watt play??
    Honestly, do you realize how far a gap there is between JJ Watt and Wilkerson.

Even if Wilkerson was the 2nd best in the league, which he isn't, the difference is still huge. Watt has a Revis-like gap between him and the next player.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

...Hi
    I know Wilkerson has replaced Revis as the next idol to worship but please do not compare him to Watt.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Honestly, do you realize how far a gap there is between JJ Watt and Wilkerson.

Even if Wilkerson was the 2nd best in the league, which he isn't, the difference is still huge. Watt has a Revis-like gap between him and the next player.

I know Wilkerson will soon replace Revis as the next idol to worship but please do not compare him to Watt.
    That's not the point you said it like, well if a DE is your best player the team must be crap.. I wasn't comparing the players just the position..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I guess Ham didn't make these Power Rankings.
    HA!! my boy Ham was an optimist!! miss that guy around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

The defense is probably going to be weaker, at least initially due to youth if nothing else but I think the Jets are going to be a big surprise this year.
    If the Jets are going to surprise in a good way (and you may very well be right about that), then someone else needs to surprise in a bad way. Who is that going to be? Miami?

Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    HA!! my boy Ham was an optimist!! miss that guy around here.
    I miss his power rankings threads the most. Great opportunity for everyone to post their power rankings in a single thread and discuss them with Ham and each other.

All League
    The ranking is a little high if anything.
    That made me LOL, FU!

Who cares!! The Jets best years come when nobody expects us to be good!! I expect the same thing this year. WIth a young team like ours, you get a few wins and then start playing like a team and who knows where it goes from there. I'm more excited about this team than I have ever been in the Rex era even 2010 when I thought we would be pretty good. I don't have high expectations this season and there are tons of new young guys we get to watch grow.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    That's not the point you said it like, well if a DE is your best player the team must be crap.. I wasn't comparing the players just the position..
    Yea and no. Your're right in a sense but Watt should be an exception b.c he is incredibly rare. We don't see many 3-4 DEs that can do what he does.

And the Texans have other great players. No doubt he is the best, but if it was only him they would suck. We are very poor at the skilled positions and that is what is reflected in these rankings.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Yea and no. Your're right in a sense but Watt should be an exception b.c he is incredibly rare. We don't see many 3-4 DEs that can do what he does.

And the Texans have other great players. No doubt he is the best, but if it was only him they would suck. We are very poor at the skilled positions and that is what is reflected in these rankings.
    Then that also applies to CB's as well.. Why not say if your QB isn't the best guy on the team it sucks??

Does anybody actually believe the Seahawks are a better team then the 49ers?

Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    Does anybody actually believe the Seahawks are a better team then the 49ers?
    Why not? Plus there's the whole Super Bowl loser hangover tradition that will be following the 49ers around this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You're flailing.

Happens when you throw out that kind of goofy statement.

You're point was clearly that a DE shouldn't be your best player.

Bewildered Beast
    I guess Ham didn't make these Power Rankings.
    I'll say it: The Non-Ham Power Rankings were a prescient glimpse of life post-2012.

Anyway, I prefer my non-Ham entries to be slathered in 2012 Mayan-aise.

End of The WOrld Eating BOy HOwdy

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You're flailing.

Happens when you throw out that kind of goofy statement.

You're point was clearly that a DE shouldn't be your best player.
    Bingo

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Don't know about 32nd in the league, but we're the worst team in the AFCE, again. People here are overestimating our draft, and rookies typically don't make much of an impact anyways. Need a few years of quality drafts to even get close to being a playoff team.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I miss his power rankings threads the most. Great opportunity for everyone to post their power rankings in a single thread and discuss them with Ham and each other.
    Thank you for stepping forward.