Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN's updated power rankings after the draft.

ESPN's updated power rankings after the draft.

The Jets are ranked last (32nd) with all five ESPN columnists voting Jets between 30 -32. It confirms the ESPN analysts such as Mel Kiper describing the Jets as a glorified expansion team with no dynamic skill players.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2013/week/0

Nowhere to go but up.

That defense will keep you guys in most games. The offense will likely be pretty bad, but they had the dolphins around 32 last year, and it's obviously based more off of blind hate than anything. The jets are the new team to bash on, kinda like the dolphins have been the past couple of years. Ireland the worst GM, Ross the worst owner, worst organization, ect. All it takes is some wins and they'll quiet down. Not saying you guys are good, just like the dolphins weren't good last year, but it's also pretty silly to put you or us in dead last.

All Pro
    Ouch at expansion team.. But our defense will Be great i see 6 wins but i don't see us being dead last

This is such an overreaction.... If they can get even a little better on offense rex will always field a quality D. Sure I don't think they'll be a good team.... But they're going to win their share of games. But ESPN will keep pushing their agenda, so no surprise here.

To say the Raiders, Browns, Jags and Bills are better than the Jets is just plain moronic!

What did the Jags do to leapfrog the Jets in the rankings besides lose Blackmon for at least 4 games? The Jets were a better team to begin with and even had a better draft. Makes no sense.

I guess Ham didn't make these Power Rankings.

Jets Insider VIP
    shows why ESPN is an absolute joke when it comes to the NFL and sports in general

It has become the New York Post of the National Sports Media world

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I guess Ham didn't make these Power Rankings.
    This comment should really be in a separate thread.

That site is a Mickey Mouse organization. Pathetic. The NY Jets D will keep the games very close. Protecting the football better will equate to more opportunity to win

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    The Jets are ranked last (32nd) with all five ESPN columnists voting Jets between 30 -32. It confirms the ESPN analysts such as Mel Kiper describing the Jets as a glorified expansion team with no dynamic skill players.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2013/week/0

Nowhere to go but up.
    +1

We are wiped out. Back to the dark ages. Rex Ryan is the gift that keeps on giving.

SAR I

I'm happy we're ranked 32nd. Allows everyone to REALLY lower their expectations for the Jets, from the media to the fanbase. I think it's fair to assume that we won't be the 32nd overall team at the end of the season. Just remember, I doubt the Power rankings had the Ravens as #1 let alone the Seahawks even in the top 20. You never know how things will turn out for young teams.

Rex Ryan has consistently put out top-10 defenses over the course of his career. Marty Mornhinweg has consistently put out top-10 offenses over the course of his career. Pair them together and don't blow games on special teams and turnovers, then we have a formula for winning.

I love it. The lower the expectations the more fun it is to rub it in their faces when we outperform. Looks like a media year of "Yeah, they won that game but...blah blah blah."

If Izik\Rex play it right, we have a whole year to test our players, build experience and teamwork, AND get some great draft picks in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    To say the Raiders, Browns, Jags and Bills are better than the Jets is just plain moronic!
    Only team jets might be better is the Jags. JMO Those other team are better than the Jets .

As good a defense you think you built. Can that defense stop the run and they still look very vulnerable to the Te's. Not to mention there secondary isn't as good as you think it is. Teams can have success throwing against that secondary.

Jets Insider VIP
    Raider90210's season of annual optimism--- February-August

Raider90210's season of disaster and disappearance from JI - September-January

All League
    jeez we aren't that bad..

They're just mad we got rid of Tebow.

Banned
    This is the same network that allows Skip Bayless to work for them, that's most likely why this isn't surprising me.

All Pro
    I'm trying to be as objective as possible... here's what I see.

These teams are without a doubt worse than the Jets IMO. Just the Jets defense alone would carry them to wins over these teams... in fact that's exactly what happened last year with a couple of them and the Jets D will be better this season.

Jacksonville. They are trash, from top to bottom.
    Buffalo. They are starting a rookie QB who is nowhere near NFL ready. Bad D.
    Oakland. They're the Raiders. They have a long way to go.
    Minnesota. Aging defense. Ponder is Sanchez without the playoff success.
    Arizona. I'm not sold on Palmer at QB.

These teams are not very good, have a lot to prove and are on the same level as the Jets until proven otherwise.

Detroit. Talent is there but they can't seem to put it all together, for whatever reason.
    KC. Smith should help them, but I'm not so sure he will be as good as he was in SF last year.
    Philly. See comment on Detroit. Kelly is a disaster waiting to happen IMO.
    St. Louis. Bradford stinks. They don't score and their D isn't very good.
    Tampa. Not impressed with their offseason spending spree at all. They will finish last in that division.
    Cleveland. Very good D. Terrible O with no QB. Basically the same as the Jets. It would make for one competitive, boring ass game.

Hall Of Fame
    On paper we are easily in the bottom 10% talent-wise. League-worst might be a little harsh but when your best player is a 3-4 DE ...