Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers (6) vs. Washington Capitals (3) First Round Series Thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    its a series now and the Rangers are looking good. who knew about this guy Brassard? the guy makes plays. and LOL at Ovechkin:

Holy hell that is hysterical

Jets Insider VIP
    Rangers are going to need to save some of these goals for the next round.

Ovechkin kept trying to take runs at people hoping to goad them into penalties, and it backfired.

Also Adam Oates is one creepy looking coach. #yikes

The spirit of these two teams is summed up by who wears the C on the jersey. The Capitals gave up this 3rd period.

Jets Insider VIP
    This is how New York's NHL franchise handles a game 7 on the road.

Total domination

Scoring from third and fourth lines

King Henrik shutting em down again

Bring on stinking Boston and brand new hockey fan Guido Yastzremmskee

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    hard to get a read on this one for me...although we all know how famous the Capitals are for choking in a big spot
    Captured aptly about 2 weeks ago.

Veteran
    Henrik, Henrik, Henrik...

The Rangers picked the right time to play their best game of the year. they were rock solid in their end, just like last year. boston will be tough but the Rangers are successful against them. it should be a great series. the Boston-New York thing is going to boil oer.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    The Rangers picked the right time to play their best game of the year. they were rock solid in their end, just like last year. boston will be tough but the Rangers are successful against them. it should be a great series. the Boston-New York thing is going to boil oer.
    Boston is a weird team. At their best, they don't really have any weaknesses. But, they very inconsistent and play uninspired hockey way too often. If both teams are at the top of their game, Boston should take it. But, that presumes that Boston will be playing their best - not an automatic, not by a longshot.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Boston is a weird team. At their best, they don't really have any weaknesses. But, they very inconsistent and play uninspired hockey way too often. If both teams are at the top of their game, Boston should take it. But, that presumes that Boston will be playing their best - not an automatic, not by a longshot.
    bruins -- for their size and talent they ought to crush teams, but their play has gotten worse as the year went on. meanwhile the rangers are starting to play like they did last year. i wish they would start this thing thursday and play again saturday because the bruins are tired and it shows. i agree with most of what you say except for that boston should take it even at the top of their game . the rangers have more than held their own against the bruins for the last three years. IMHO I'd rather they play Boston instead of Ottawa or Pittsburgh who have the Rangers number.
    Last edited by nyahay bus; 05-14-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Rangers are like Penguins - they play hard when they have to. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rangers take it in 4 or 5.

Maple Leafs suck and they took Boston to seven. Not a good sign. I bet the Isles would have come close to sweeping Toronto.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Rangers are like Penguins - they play hard when they have to. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rangers take it in 4 or 5.

Maple Leafs suck and they took Boston to seven. Not a good sign. I bet the Isles would have come close to sweeping Toronto.
    Did you actually watch any of the Bruins/Leafs series? Leafs played some great hockey. You must confusing the Leafs with the pathetic Canadians.

Either way, should be a great Rangers/Bruins series.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Did you actually watch any of the Bruins/Leafs series? Leafs played some great hockey. You must confusing the Leafs with the pathetic Canadians.

Either way, should be a great Rangers/Bruins series.
    no

but watched them down the stretch, including against Islanders.

This is spot on.

Bruins are frustrating to watch. Some blame Julien for being too conservative, but that seems to be the way hockey is these days.

Seidenberg got hurt last night that could hurt. Defense is thin and Chara has to play way too many minutes.

Watching this last series has me feelings the Rangers in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    This is spot on.

Bruins are frustrating to watch. Some blame Julien for being too conservative, but that seems to be the way hockey is these days.

Seidenberg got hurt last night that could hurt. Defense is thin and Chara has to play way too many minutes.

This. If Seidenberg is out, Bruins are toast. But even if he plays, I like the Rangers in a tight series.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

This is spot on.

Last night they said between game 6 and game 7, Chara played over 60 minutes.

That's alot.

Last night they said between game 6 and game 7, Chara played over 60 minutes.

That's alot.
    Yeah and it showed. By the end of the game he was looking like he was skating in slush.

I'll tell you, that game last night reminded me of why I love(d) sports. If you get past all the BS and you don't hate on your team just because the don't win a championship, that was just pure FUN to watch. I couldn't even sleep after LOL.

I wish I was 13 again and didn't know all the other BS about sports.

Hall Of Fame

I'll tell you, that game last night reminded me of why I love(d) sports.(
    And it reminded Maple Leaf fans why sports can really suck.

I'm surprised God didn't make me a Maple Leafs fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    And it reminded Maple Leaf fans why sports can really suck.

I'm surprised God didn't make me a Maple Leafs fan.
    Yes indeed.

Did you see the crowd up there watching the game on a huge outdoor screen. Thousands of them. All happy. And then. Not so much.

On a side note, I like the Maple Leaf's uniforms, pretty classic look.

Hall Of Fame
    Yes indeed.

Did you see the crowd up there watching the game on a huge outdoor screen. Thousands of them. All happy. And then. Not so much.

On a side note, I like the Maple Leaf's uniforms, pretty classic look.
    While God didn't do me any favors making me an Islanders fan, it has to be really terrible being a Maple Leafs fan. Perhaps the most passionate fan base,
    biggest hockey town, cool uniforms..yet heartbreak year after year. You can sense the nerves at a Maple Leafs home game. Delirious before the game starts, then sitting in their seats just waiting for the inevitable implosion.
    Much like my life.