Thread: Wayne Pantale

Chris Pantale (From Wayne)

Pretty nice article. Fills in a few tidbits about one of our UDFAs

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/20...York_Jets.html
    Last edited by Vegi5894; 05-01-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Veteran
    I really like this guy. I hope he can become the kind of player we've been missing for sometime now

Chris Pantale, from Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Chris Pantale, from Wayne.
    CRAP! Haha thanks bud.

Kid looks pretty legit, can't expect ertz/eifert production of course but he might be a diamond in the rough!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    CRAP! Haha thanks bud.

Kid looks pretty legit, can't expect ertz/eifert production of course but he might be a diamond in the rough!
    receivers depend on a QB to get the ball near them so they can catch the ball. How can their be production of any sort if the passes are always inaccurate? Even great receivers can not catch under those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    receivers depend on a QB to get the ball near them so they can catch the ball. How can their be production of any sort if the passes are always inaccurate? Even great receivers can not catch under those conditions.
    Well first off I said I would not expect that type of production, I didn't really make any further prediction than that...so I guess we agree to that extent?

Also seems as though you're going off the inference that we are going back in with Sanchez next year. Maybe that's true, maybe he has a better year under a real OC, or maybe Garrard shows he can still play a management game at QB or Smith steps up or who knows?

Sorry if I'm misinterpreting you at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Interesting. Like most other UDFAs this guy sounds like a steal and could become our future starting TE.

So how does a broken foot take a guy who was expected to possibly win the Best Collegiate TE award to undrafted? Or does he have other significant shortfalls?

Jets Insider VIP
    I remember him in High School. He had great hands and was unstoppable. Huge kid.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Interesting. Like most other UDFAs this guy sounds like a steal and could become our future starting TE.

So how does a broken foot take a guy who was expected to possibly win the Best Collegiate TE award to undrafted? Or does he have other significant shortfalls?
    This is exactly what I was wondering myself. I feel like a broken foot would not drop a prospect with such lofty expectations down so far.

Maybe he just never got up to the level of production necessary for consideration and the lack of attention hurt his draft status. Still tho, something has to be up for him to have gone undrafted.

Chris Pantale reminds me of another BC TE we had under Mangini- Sean Ryan. Great in line blocking but not much of a receiving threat.

Looks slow.. And not overly physical either.

All League
    Good luck to Chris Pantale, a fellow Wayne NJ resident!