Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 329

Thread: Demario Davis on twitter right now..oh no.. lol

  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Why are posters like you presuming posters like me and other are pro-muslim? Is that what they teach you on Foxnews? That people that are pro-gay rights also love muslims and hate christians? Cmon, you should know better than that.
    I'm pretty sure it's solely based on your behavior and ridiculous comments.

  2. #222
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Woods in Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II View Post
    I wonder how Demario Davis feels about the Bible and those pesky little slavery verses.
    Please - you really don't know what you are taking about.

  3. #223
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Posts
    2,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets1958 View Post
    Please - you really don't know what you are taking about.
    According to Davis, he's anti-homosexual because of what's in the Bible. Well, there's plenty of pro-slavery verses in the Bible. Thus, he can't choose to be selective with his "It's in the Bible" stance.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II View Post
    According to Davis, he's anti-homosexual because of what's in the Bible. Well, there's plenty of pro-slavery verses in the Bible. Thus, he can't choose to be selective with his "It's in the Bible" stance.
    WTF?! You are only proving your ignorance and you sound like a bigot.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II View Post
    According to Davis, he's anti-homosexual because of what's in the Bible. Well, there's plenty of pro-slavery verses in the Bible. Thus, he can't choose to be selective with his "It's in the Bible" stance.
    Straw Man Argument

    We are "CHRISTians" and Follow him how many Slaves did he Have ...

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    I'm striving to be a Christian but the bashing is part of being one. That's the way it was for the people in the bible so why should it be any different now. People will disagree with what you are learning very strongly. It's not supposed to be peaches and cream. Your joy is what wins them over. I am definitely not close to that point. Bad drivers, and people taking up the side walk going slow still piss me off.
    I don't know much about being a Christian but I don't see why bashing is a part of it. If your church preaches bashing things then you can choose another church.

  7. #227
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Posts
    2,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    WTF?! You are only proving your ignorance and you sound like a bigot.
    Nope, I already quoted verses from the Bible in this thread from Leviticus and Luke that are pro-slavery. Quoting the Bible doesn't make me a bigot.

    Again, my argument is with Davis saying he follows the teaching of "The Bible." If that's the case, he can't cherry pick his bible passages.
    Last edited by scott dierking II; 05-01-2013 at 04:27 PM.

  8. #228
    Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,680
    Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II View Post
    Nope, I already quoted verses from the Bible in this thread from Leviticus and Luke that are pro-slavery. Quoting the Bible doesn't make me a bigot.
    A religious zealot?

  9. #229
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Woods in Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II View Post
    According to Davis, he's anti-homosexual because of what's in the Bible. Well, there's plenty of pro-slavery verses in the Bible. Thus, he can't choose to be selective with his "It's in the Bible" stance.
    OK. This can not be explained easily on a sports blog... but do some research and see what group organized the anti-slavery movements of the 1700's and 1800's in Britain and the United States................. Christians. Historial fact.

    If you take the Bible at face value, as a whole, it teaches loving your neighbor as yourself... That people have value and should not be abused - Christian principle.

    This whole slavery arguement is a big red herring and without intellectual merit.

    Peace.

  10. #230
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,271
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Why are posters like you presuming posters like me and other are pro-muslim? Is that what they teach you on Foxnews? That people that are pro-gay rights also love muslims and hate christians? Cmon, you should know better than that.
    What one hears the most in the Media is anti Christian very rarely anti Jewish and never anti Muslim.. I don't presume anything about you mainly because you have no beliefs at all outside Revis.. BTW Why do you mention Fox news?? You seem to be the one that has had a liberal brain washing that started in school and continued with MSNBC..

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    Im a nut job? Okay...

    Im not a religious LOON that believes my God is better than anyone else's God. I also don't believe that my beliefs are the ONLY one's that are plausible.

    Religion causes more problems than anything else. Live without it and be free.
    I find it hysterical that you can complain about one man's opinion (that you find insulting and incorrect) in the very same thread in which you blithely offer your own opinions (which others find insulting and incorrect).

    Here's the reality, from a religious point of view:

    1) Homosexual sex is wrong. As is premarital sex.

    2) Same sex attraction is not a sin in any way shape or form.

    3) America has no business legislating religious viewpoints, so while homosexual sex is a sin, it shouldn't be illegal.

    4) Homosexuals should not be discriminated against in any way shape or form.

    This isn't rocket surgery.

  12. #232
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    Teams are going to have to start restricting players from using social media.
    Yes.


    And cannabis.

  13. #233
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,865
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    I find it hysterical that you can complain about one man's opinion (that you find insulting and incorrect) in the very same thread in which you blithely offer your own opinions (which others find insulting and incorrect).

    Here's the reality, from a religious point of view:

    1) Homosexual sex is wrong. As is premarital sex.

    2) Same sex attraction is not a sin in any way shape or form.

    3) America has no business legislating religious viewpoints, so while homosexual sex is a sin, it shouldn't be illegal.

    4) Homosexuals should not be discriminated against in any way shape or form.

    This isn't rocket surgery.
    They do surgery on rockets? Who knew!


  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II View Post
    Because of their oppressive views.
    God Bless You.

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    Right so tell me how many terrorist attcks over the past 50 years were from Radical Christians or Radical Jews. There are none. Why? because there are no such thing as Radical Christians or Radical Jews. But yet you are sympathetic to the poor Muslims in Myanmar. Go tell your story to the families of the 3 dead in Boston, the dozens who lost limbs and the 3000 or so that died here on 9/11. Cry me a river.

    I will tell you one thing. If people like you keep crapping on peace loving Christians, you eventually will create the Radicals who won't take it anymore.
    Hmmm, abortion clinic bombings come to mind first. But I think this entire thread is way off base. Religion is fine. All of them, and all who practice them. I don't necessarily agree with any of them, and plenty of them get thrown in my face constantly when I don't want it.

    Conversely I see nothing wrong with gay people or how they live their lives. Maybe you feel they are throwing their lives in your face as religious people, but I don't see it that way. They are just living their lives and asking our government to recognize them as equals, which frankly is their right. Frankly the only thing I ever see getting thrown in people's faces is religion. This is right, that is wrong. I've never seen gay people going door to door interrupting people's lives to preach the values and benefits of being gay.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    Again not true. "Moses permitted you to divorce your wife....."
    Exactly the Old Testament introduces the concepts of women's rights to the ancient world. Moses permitting a divorce is a great example of that. Theres also the example of the daughters of Lot and property/inheritance rights. These concepts were introduced in the old testament. I consider biblical times the old testament time period of 1200 to 1800 BC

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    It's pretty twisted... And all of those celebrating like it's something as great as Tim Tebow being cut are the REAL loons!

    They WELCOME no freedoms and the gov being able to smash in your door and steal your children just for ****z-n-giggles
    I can't possibly be the only one stunned by the dichotomy of a bible thumper with that sig, can I?

  18. #238
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,865
    What about a gay terrorist? Can you criticize him? Or only on social media?

  19. #239
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Posts
    2,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets1958 View Post
    OK. This can not be explained easily on a sports blog... but do some research and see what group organized the anti-slavery movements of the 1700's and 1800's in Britain and the United States................. Christians. Historial fact.

    If you take the Bible at face value, as a whole, it teaches loving your neighbor as yourself... That people have value and should not be abused - Christian principle.

    This whole slavery arguement is a big red herring and without intellectual merit.

    Peace.
    Fine. Love thy neighbor as yourself. So Davis should take those words to heart and love homosexuals as himself as well, right?

  20. #240
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    10,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Moses wasn't God - just a guy.
    Almost sig worthy. Moses just a Guy

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us