Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Demario Davis on twitter right now..oh no.. lol

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how Demario Davis feels about the Bible and those pesky little slavery verses.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Hurtful? Who did he hurt?

My God we are becoming a nation of wimps. Maybe backwards is where we should be going.
    Words man. They hurt. Real people on twitter, real feelings!

I'm with you. Man's expressing his opinion, folks need to get over it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I respect those who believe in the bible. IMO though, homosexuality is almost non -existent in the bible. There are very few references to homosexuality.

There are however, a ton of references to divorce and divorced people re-marrying. Divorced people are told to go back to their spouses, and furthermore, told their second marriages aren't recognized.

I'd like to know why many Christians and churches are against gays marrying but not divorced people. Seems like they're picking and choosing.
    You think that's bad, how about masturbation. That's a sin too... we're really screwed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    RGIII is getting killed on twitter for sticking up for keeping the Redskin name..He said; In a land of freedom we are held hostage by the tyranny of political correctness..
    This nation of PC crybaby wimps doesn't care for or want freedom.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Yeah, I am sure Demario hasn't had any premartial sex which is also forbidden in the bible. And I am sure you were a virgin when you got married.

Bible thumpers always pick and choose which portions of the bible they will follow.
    I didnt open my wings and fly until wedding night. Not that makes me better, just saying.

I may have been too ugly to get any before that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I respect those who believe in the bible. IMO though, homosexuality is almost non -existent in the bible. There are very few references to homosexuality.

There are however, a ton of references to divorce and divorced people re-marrying. Divorced people are told to go back to their spouses, and furthermore, told their second marriages aren't recognized.

I'd like to know why many Christians and churches are against gays marrying but not divorced people. Seems like they're picking and choosing.
    Smoking a blunt will get you a 200$ ticket, but attemped murder might get you 5 years.

Severity of offenses.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

My God we are becoming a nation of wimps. Maybe backwards is where we should be going.
    I agree fully! It would be really nice if there were a way to destroy every gun, bomb, mechanical weapon, etc and go back to swords and axes.

Seriously! Hand to hand combat if that's how it's gonna be! And these crybaby sissies that INSIST on shoving LGBT down everyone's throat should be slapped in the mouth. HARD.

So should the likes of those WBC mutants.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I am sure Demario hasn't had any premartial sex which is also forbidden in the bible. And I am sure you were a virgin when you got married.

Bible thumpers always pick and choose which portions of the bible they will follow.
    Davis is married, and got married quite young. I'd probably give you five to one he hasn't had premarital sex, if there was any way to figure it out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being gay is no different than being black, white, left handed, right handed, etc etc etc. Our government has no business discriminating against gay people, just as they had no business discriminating against blacks or women. It is religion that discriminates, as is their right to do so.

Being gay is not something to be celebrated any more than being straight. But a man finally coming out in public and paving the way for other people in his very public profession to stand up and be counted, and not feel the shame that is typically branded on them by religious folk is something to be celebrated.

Judging a person on their sexual preferences is as archaic and ignorant as judging a person by their skin tone or their gender. If your religion condemns it, then go pray for those people in the privacy of your church. Gay people are fully aware of what religion thinks of them being gay. Religious folks remind them every day about how god hates them and they will burn in hell. They already know this is how you feel, there is no reason to continuously harp on it. They'll be gay whether you're screaming your vitriol or not.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    For your sake,You better be right.
    I feel pretty awesome about my chances.

But I admit these frogs raining down is kinda weird.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    C'mon, Savage, that's not really fair. Collins' coming out has all sorts of implications for others in high profile sports to be accepted for their life style, not just Collins. In a minor way it's a groundbreaking gesture of sorts. I should add that from a Christian perspective, declaring that one is gay is not intrinsically a sin. It is the nature of the love that is in question. Otherwise, how could the disciples love one another in any sense. I won't even get into the discovered letter to Clement of Alexandria in the 2nd Century AD suggesting that the Jesus cult actually involved sexual initiation (that letter was quickly suppressed by early Church fathers.... Morton Smith wrote a book about it years ago).

Meanwhile, I have no problem with Demario deciding to flaunt his religious views if he so chooses. Unfortunately, he comes off as judgmental and hostile to gays, which will not fly in this particular moment. Nor is he articulate enough or knowledgeable about simple facts (Barnabas vs. Barrabas) to put himself out there as an expert on such matters.
    I could care less if a player is Gay,straight or bangs sheep as long as he plays well on the field.. I don't think being gay is a sin but then I'm not exactly a religious zealot.. I believe in making drugs and prostitution legal and I'm a conservative Libertarian.. If being gay which has been around for thousands of years is ground breaking lets give the sheep bangers some love as well..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    Davis is married, and got married quite young. I'd probably give you five to one he hasn't had premarital sex, if there was any way to figure it out.
    Lets assume you are right, where are his tweets about his teammates and fellow athletes that have premarital sex and WORSE those teammates that commit adultery which is worthy of stoning?

Again, he has every right to say what he feels, but its no different than making racist/ant-semitic/sexist comments.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

not sure about other church's, but the catholic church doesn't permit re-marrying without getting the first marriage annulled. of course the process for getting a marriage annulled is a joke, so that nullifies the significance of it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm actually still waiting for Tebow to be interviewed about Jason Collins. The two biggest stories of the day were Collins being gay and Tebow being cut. Why not get Mr Religion Peace Love & Tolerance's Selfless Opinion about Mr. Collins recent declaration?

I wonder if it would have anything to do with Tebow ruining his perfect image and kill another couple years of narrative?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me also point, that Davis is spending plenty of energy talking about JAson Collin's sins, but have you heard him make one mention of Antonio Cromartie?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

This isn't actually true either. My ex liked to sleep around often and we ended up divorcing. I am since remarried and my wife's mother is very religious so she asked if I could look into getting an annulment. I contacted a local church and inquired. Turns out for $500 up front, they would happily share with me the many (and I mean MANY) acceptable reasons for annulment. Living together prior to marriage? Have an annulment! Husband smacking the ever living crap out of his wife for the duration of a marriage? No annulment for you! Wife (or husband) sleeping with entire neighborhood? No annulment for you! My ex's mother and father got an annulment after 15 years of marriage and 3 kids. The funny thing is they filed for and received the annulment 20 years after they divorced. The grounds? The wife was "pressured by family to marry". As for me, the hypocrisy was far too much. I would have had to pay the $500 for the panel to hear my annulment case, and then I believe it was another $1000 if they granted the annulment.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that was his point. He just asking why did we need to know this man was gay? Who cares what his sexual preference is. But let's not pretend it isn't a sin like most of the things we do. We are all guilty before God. If we are going to give him the freedom to say he is gay then why can't someone who is morally against it say so. The bible doesn't talk about skin color but does about homosexuality and adultery etc. Everybody cannot be right. God will determine someday just who is. But there is no way any person trying to be a true christian can believe any one should be condemned because we all would be if that were true.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

+1000000000.

We live in an era where you're a "hero" for being gay. Our standard of heroism has dropped quite a bit.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    How long before the media creates a More From The Jets Circus type of headline?
    Not a chance. There will be not one word written about this, other than the 11 pages or so that will here.