Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Demario Davis on twitter right now..oh no.. lol

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    So if your Gay it should be celebrated but if your religious you keep it to yourself?? OK why not keep BOTH to yourself then???
    You're actually are supposed to unless asked.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    This isn't actually true either. My ex liked to sleep around often and we ended up divorcing. I am since remarried and my wife's mother is very religious so she asked if I could look into getting an annulment. I contacted a local church and inquired. Turns out for $500 up front, they would happily share with me the many (and I mean MANY) acceptable reasons for annulment. Living together prior to marriage? Have an annulment! Husband smacking the ever living crap out of his wife for the duration of a marriage? No annulment for you! Wife (or husband) sleeping with entire neighborhood? No annulment for you! My ex's mother and father got an annulment after 15 years of marriage and 3 kids. The funny thing is they filed for and received the annulment 20 years after they divorced. The grounds? The wife was "pressured by family to marry". As for me, the hypocrisy was far too much. I would have had to pay the $500 for the panel to hear my annulment case, and then I believe it was another $1000 if they granted the annulment.
    I got a annulment in 1973 all you have to say is you didn't want kids.. My father-in-law paid 3 grand to the church.. I didn't even have to see a panel all I had to do was sign a paper that was given to me and it was done..

when will these religious nutcases stop already and realize the bible was written by a bunch of hysterical clerics who knew nothing of science...people still follow this in the 21st century has my mind boggled.....please, maybe let demario and the rest of the fundies out there know its not a choice but a gene. they did discover the gay gene..think these people are proud or choose their lifestyle??? i think not.
    as usual religion is the root of all evil and here is a perfect example

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    +1000000000.

We live in an era where you're a "hero" for being gay. Our standard of heroism has dropped quite a bit.
    It's pretty twisted... And all of those celebrating like it's something as great as Tim Tebow being cut are the REAL loons!

They WELCOME no freedoms and the gov being able to smash in your door and steal your children just for ****z-n-giggles

Not smart in terms of PR by Davis, but it's not going to hurt the team in the long run. ESPN can't run with it because they have a guy on the payroll that did the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Not a chance. There will be not one word written about this, other than the 11 pages or so that will here.
    How about this one,

"Big Mouth in the Big Top."

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    Practicing Christians are so damn scary...
    They wouldn't be if they were true Christians. Read the bible sometime and you can see what they really are. There are very few if any left. We are all striving to be someday.

Quote Originally Posted by lauderdale jet View Post
    when will these religious nutcases stop already and realize the bible was written by a bunch of hysterical clerics who knew nothing of science...people still follow this in the 21st century has my mind boggled.....please, maybe let demario and the rest of the fundies out there know its not a choice but a gene. they did discover the gay gene..think these people are proud or choose their lifestyle??? i think not.
    Hypocrite

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    How about this one,

There's a gay gene? Do they sell it at Express?

OHHH!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by lauderdale jet View Post
    So then Bi-sexual people would have different gene's as well?? Many ancient Greeks had wives for procreation and boys for hot sex..
    Last edited by Savage69; 05-01-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Hypocrite
    Since we're all coming out of the closet. can we get a poll how many prefer the sausage on JI. this way we can get back to talking football. No one cares if your straight or gay.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-01-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by scott dierking II View Post
    I wonder how Demario Davis feels about the Bible and those pesky little slavery verses.
    You mean about how you are not supposed to chain another? About how your actions as a slave of a non believer is influenced to free you by your righteous actions?

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Since we're all coming out of the closet. can we get a poll how many prefer the sausage on JI. this way we can get back to talking football.
    You can take that talk back to the Golden Gate Bridge area seeing as that's where your team resides...

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    What a moron. He is entitlted to believe in whatever nonsense he wants to believe in but keep that sort of nonsense to yourself.
    Would you say the same thing if his tweets said something like "being gay is cool. Good for Jason Collins and I support him and any other player that comes out of the closet."

All I'm saying is the man has a right to his opinion like everybody else. I see nothing wrong with what he said.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    How about this one,

Not a chance in hell. NO one, other than fans who look for things where no one else does, gives a damn about someone being religious.

He didn't act clownish, speak clownish, embarrass anyone, or do anything that would make the press or anyone else care.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Being gay is no different than being black, white, left handed, right handed, etc etc etc. Our government has no business discriminating against gay people, just as they had no business discriminating against blacks or women. It is religion that discriminates, as is their right to do so.

Being gay is not something to be celebrated any more than being straight. But a man finally coming out in public and paving the way for other people in his very public profession to stand up and be counted, and not feel the shame that is typically branded on them by religious folk is something to be celebrated.

Judging a person on their sexual preferences is as archaic and ignorant as judging a person by their skin tone or their gender. If your religion condemns it, then go pray for those people in the privacy of your church. Gay people are fully aware of what religion thinks of them being gay. Religious folks remind them every day about how god hates them and they will burn in hell. They already know this is how you feel, there is no reason to continuously harp on it. They'll be gay whether you're screaming your vitriol or not.
    QFT

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    You think that's bad, how about masturbation. That's a sin too... we're really screwed.
    That is not mentioned. The verses used to justify the restriction was about disobedience to God when told to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    +1000000000.

We live in an era where you're a "hero" for being gay. Our standard of heroism has dropped quite a bit.
    You totally miss the point.

Was Jackie Robinson a hero for being black or was he a hero for being the FIRST black player in MLB?

No one is saying that Jason Collins is a hero because he is gay, just that it takes a ton of courage to come out when you are a culture that may look negatively upon you for coming out. What takes away from Collin's "heroics" is that he is a marginal player that may never plan another NBA game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Since we're all coming out of the closet. can we get a poll how many prefer the sausage on JI. this way we can get back to talking football. No one cares if your straight or gay.
    Oh, you're ghey?
    I thought so, but didn't really care.
    Does this mean there has to be a giant party for you showing how much you love the penis??