Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Demario Davis on twitter right now..oh no.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    big difference between the bible and the church, this is why the church is so screwed up.

however, there are two reasons in the bible that validate divorce and one is infidelity. don't recall the other. other than those two - no dice.
    LOT of people can't seem to understand that... or they just don't want to because they simply hate the bible and what it has to say and will hear nothing else.

The church doesn't even know what the bible says, and they don't seem to have a grasp on symbolism...

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    big difference between the bible and the church, this is why the church is so screwed up.

however, there are two reasons in the bible that validate divorce and one is infidelity. don't recall the other. other than those two - no dice.
    FYI in biblical times there was no such thing as divorce and women/wives were considered the property of their husbands/fathers. The divorce language in the old testament was designed to protect women and womens rights (including property rights for women which was also unheard of in biblical times) in a way that the world had not seen before that time.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    What a moron. He is entitlted to believe in whatever nonsense he wants to believe in but keep that sort of nonsense to yourself.
    How about athletes and actors don't "come out?" They should keep that nonsense to themselves as well. I could care less where he wants to stick his junk.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Yet radical Muslims aren't according to many in Washington..
    Awesome!

All Pro
    If your religious beliefs are backwards and hurtful, yes, keep it to yourself.
    And you are the arbitor of what is backwards and hurtful? Give it a rest.

All Pro
    Radical Muslims/Christians/Jews/Atheists are all scary.
    So you must be Buddhist?

Another bible thumping moron. Thankfully he is a nobody. Maybe he should worry more about football and less about that "magical" guy in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    How about athletes and actors don't "come out?" They should keep that nonsense to themselves as well. I could care less where he wants to stick his junk.
    BRAVO!!!

All of the loudmouths in this Country want to shove gay stuff down your throats, then they start foaming at the mouth and call everyone else "bigots" and think the so-called "Christians" need to be silenced...

Fkking HYPOCRITES!

STFU about who you want to have sex with! Nobody really gives a $hit! THEY JUST DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR SEX LIFE, JUST LIKE YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THEIRS!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    In this day and age, it's harder for intelligent people to be tolerant of practicing Christians than it is for Christians to be tolerant of gay people.
    So it is really bad if someone is against homosexuality but it is ok for you to insult probably 80% of the people on here? Typical a**** Lib.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    In this day and age Demario is the hero for coming out of the closet as a Christian. That type of thing is definately frowned upon by the media and the left in general. He is likely to face persecution and ridicule because of his beliefs.

In all seriousness good for Collins for coming out of the closet as well. I was kind of shocked that he was the first athlete to come out as an active player. Seems like in 2013 we would have gotten past that. I'm glad he did it so we can move on as a society.

As far as some of the anti-Christian comments here the ignorance of those posting that hate is glaring. I'm not a Christian but I don't have any problem with their stance or their right to take a stance on Homosexuality. They say it is a sinful lifestyle. Big deal. They also say anyone that doesn't accept Jesus as their lord and savior will burn. So what, if you aren't a Christian why would you care what they consider sinful? They also say that pre-marital sex is sinful. Should whores and gigolo's start an advocacy group for sluts rights? How is it hate speak for a religion to declare homosecuality sinful but not hate speak to declare that working on the Sabath is sinful.
    I'm striving to be a Christian but the bashing is part of being one. That's the way it was for the people in the bible so why should it be any different now. People will disagree with what you are learning very strongly. It's not supposed to be peaches and cream. Your joy is what wins them over. I am definitely not close to that point. Bad drivers, and people taking up the side walk going slow still piss me off.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    This nation of PC crybaby wimps doesn't care for or want freedom.
    Hitting the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    I'm striving to be a Christian but the bashing is part of being one. That's the way it was for the people in the bible so why should it be any different now. People will disagree with what you are learning very strongly. It's not supposed to be peaches and cream. Your joy is what wins them over. I am definitely not close to that point. Bad drivers, and people taking up the side walk going slow still piss me off.
    Hey, NOBODY is perfect, and they will make mistakes every day, as the bible states VERY clearly.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    FYI in biblical times there was no such thing as divorce and women/wives were considered the property of their husbands/fathers. The divorce language in the old testament was designed to protect women and womens rights (including property rights for women which was also unheard of in biblical times) in a way that the world had not seen before that time.
    Again not true. "Moses permitted you to divorce your wife....."

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

LOT of people can't seem to understand that... or they just don't want to because they simply hate the bible and what it has to say and will hear nothing else.The church doesn't even know what the bible says, and they don't seem to have a grasp on symbolism...
    Sort of like Liberal women's groups that hate Christianity yet never say a word about how Muslim women are treated in that religion..

And you are the arbitor of what is backwards and hurtful? Give it a rest.
    Apparently someone here has to be. If David Garrad came out and said that all christians are bad and that christianity is a joke I would tell him to shut up as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Hey, NOBODY is perfect, and they will make mistakes every day, as the bible states VERY clearly.
    Was Tanny mentioned at all??

So you must be Buddhist?
    Genius, radical anything is bad. Radical buddhists are killing Muslims in myanmar as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Was Tanny mentioned at all??
    LOL! His mistakes are unforgivable.

Loc: Huntersville, North Carolina.

Not surprised.

Hall Of Fame
    the bible actually states that most people claiming to be Christians suck and so do the leaders of its churches, and they don't represent Christianity

imo, validating itself nicely