Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 329

Thread: Demario Davis on twitter right now..oh no.. lol

  1. #41
    I see no problem with a man pointing out hypocrisy.

  2. #42
    I'm so sick of these straight guys shoving their life style in my face.

  3. #43
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    I respect those who believe in the bible. IMO though, homosexuality is almost non -existent in the bible. There are very few references to homosexuality.

    There are however, a ton of references to divorce and divorced people re-marrying. Divorced people are told to go back to their spouses, and furthermore, told their second marriages aren't recognized.

    I'd like to know why many Christians and churches are against gays marrying but not divorced people. Seems like they're picking and choosing.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Don't put me on any type of Ragu list.
    LOL!!!

  5. #45
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,454
    Why does he need to shut up about preaching the word of God?

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    If your religious beliefs are backwards and hurtful, yes, keep it to yourself.
    Hurtful to who? This is America and your entitled to have an opinion. Just because his opinion or lifestyle is different than yours , doesn't make either of you wrong. Now if he was beating up a gay guy because of his views that's a totally different situation.

    He's following his beliefs and you have to respect a man and his convictions.

    BTW That's not cool to call yourself Revis Christ when you don't believe in that religion. hey why didn't you call yourself RevisMuhammad.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-01-2013 at 01:37 PM.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Hurtful to who? This is America and your entitled to have an opinion. Just because his opinion or lifestyle is different than yours , doesn't make either of you wrong. Now if he was beating up a gay guy because of his views that's a totally different situation.

    He's following his beliefs and you have to respect a man and his convictions.

    BTW That's not cool to call yourself Revis Christ when you don't believe in that religion. hey didn't you call yourself RevisMuhammad.
    No one is saying he should be arrested for his views, just that they are ignorant and stupid.

    It's not different than a racist saying that black people aren't equal to white people and citing to the book "The Bell Curve."

  8. #48
    quick, someone take his phone away from him

  9. #49
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Murray Hill
    Posts
    7,512
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    Why does he need to shut up about preaching the word of God?
    Because just like leprechauns and the Easter Bunny, it's all made up.

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Hurtful to who? This is America and your entitled to have an opinion. Just because his opinion or lifestyle is different than yours , doesn't make either of you wrong. Now if he was beating up a gay guy because of his views that's a totally different situation.

    He's following his beliefs and you have to respect a man and his convictions.

    BTW That's not cool to call yourself Revis Christ when you don't believe in that religion. hey why didn't you call yourself RevisMuhammad.
    Since his God now plays for Tampa does that make him a Jet atheist or antagonist??

  11. #51
    The Bible is a silly but lovely little book edited by generations of people a LOOOOONGGGG time ago. The fact that anyone would actually give it any more power than any other book is scary. Live and Let Live MoFos'.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    No one is saying he should be arrested for his views, just that they are ignorant and stupid.

    It's not different than a racist saying that black people aren't equal to white people and citing to the book "The Bell Curve."
    He could say the same thing about your views ignorant and stupid. It just what side of the fence your on. I don't care what two grown adults do as it isn't anyone business. Everyone doesn't have to agree with your lifestyle and your not going to change everyone beliefs.

    BTw Why didn't you call yourself Revis Muhammad. .

  13. #53
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,846
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    If your religious beliefs are backwards and hurtful, yes, keep it to yourself.
    Hurtful? Who did he hurt?

    My God we are becoming a nation of wimps. Maybe backwards is where we should be going.

  14. #54
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Murray Hill
    Posts
    7,512
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    The Bible is a silly but lovely little book edited by generations of people a LOOOOONGGGG time ago. The fact that anyone would actually give it any more power than any other book is scary. Live and Let Live MoFos'.

    In this day and age, it's harder for intelligent people to be tolerant of practicing Christians than it is for Christians to be tolerant of gay people.

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Hurtful? Who did he hurt?

    My God we are becoming a nation of wimps. Maybe backwards is where we should be going.
    +1

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    The Bible is a silly but lovely little book edited by generations of people a LOOOOONGGGG time ago. The fact that anyone would actually give it any more power than any other book is scary. Live and Let Live MoFos'.
    This is why the Jets will never win another Super Bowl. This is your punishment for not believing in God.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    Because just like leprechauns and the Easter Bunny, it's all made up.
    For your sake,You better be right.

  18. #58
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    So if your Gay it should be celebrated but if your religious you keep it to yourself?? OK why not keep BOTH to yourself then???
    C'mon, Savage, that's not really fair. Collins' coming out has all sorts of implications for others in high profile sports to be accepted for their life style, not just Collins. In a minor way it's a groundbreaking gesture of sorts. I should add that from a Christian perspective, declaring that one is gay is not intrinsically a sin. It is the nature of the love that is in question. Otherwise, how could the disciples love one another in any sense. I won't even get into the discovered letter to Clement of Alexandria in the 2nd Century AD suggesting that the Jesus cult actually involved sexual initiation (that letter was quickly suppressed by early Church fathers.... Morton Smith wrote a book about it years ago).

    Meanwhile, I have no problem with Demario deciding to flaunt his religious views if he so chooses. Unfortunately, he comes off as judgmental and hostile to gays, which will not fly in this particular moment. Nor is he articulate enough or knowledgeable about simple facts (Barnabas vs. Barrabas) to put himself out there as an expert on such matters.

  19. #59
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,414
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Hurtful? Who did he hurt?

    My God we are becoming a nation of wimps. Maybe backwards is where we should be going.
    RGIII is getting killed on twitter for sticking up for keeping the Redskin name..He said; In a land of freedom we are held hostage by the tyranny of political correctness..

  20. #60
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    W. Germany
    Posts
    1,158
    Who cares if someone comes out of the closet? It's a personal matter and should be.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us