Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please Stop with David Garrad

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Sanchez will start and go out with a concussion in first game. Garrard and Geno will do the same shortly after.
    I hope you're joking... If not, what makes you think that?!

Wayne Hunter is gone and we just improved the O-Line for a long time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I hope you're joking... If not, what makes you think that?!

Wayne Hunter is gone and we just improved the O-Line for a long time.
    we don't know that, and OLs take a while to gel

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is not going to be here. Garrard will "battle" Geno in TC. Geno will win and that will be it.

I just think it will be wise to install some of the WVU offense to help Geno along a little bit. Put in some things he is comfortable with and add the MM/NFL offense gradually. We are going to rely on Ivory a lot this year. Hope he stays healthy.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    And he's still better than Sanchez, how bad is that.
    Barring injury Garrard will start. He will be mediocre. That will be a an upgrade that will make a difference. Stupidest thing the Jets could do would be to rush Geno into live action this year in anything other than mop of time. Sanchez will start if Garrard is injured.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have to wonder about the Jets fans who continue to say what a great practice player Mark is. An why is Mark such a great player, well it could have something to do with that RED shirt he has on.

Problem is in real games he wears a Green jersey which screams at opposing defenses to hit him. An for the life of us 80% of the time he cannot see it coming. The other 20% of the time when he see it, he panics and turns the ball over.

Great kid, now a great millionaire , sorry feel no heartache for the kid, if he decides, he will never have to work another day in his life.

He is done here in NY and if our new GM is as smart as I think he is, Mark will be and ex-Jet by June 2nd if not before.

Gerrard starts GMac backs up Geno sits and learns, unless Geno beats out GMac in TC in which case reverse the roles.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    Can everyone stop talking up Garrad so much. I keep reading it on this board and from beat writers as well as the TV media.

This guy hasnt played in 2 YEARS! He is coming off of multiple injuries the last few years and he was never that good to begin with.

He had a few good years but thats it. He never put up big numbers. The biggest thing he is known for is not turning the ball over. Thats great in all but you have to score points as well.

He is a hold the fort guy at best. I think the best thing we can hope for is he doesnt see the field. He can be the new Mark Brunnel. Its either Sanchez or Geno.
    Garrard is a million percent better than Turnover6 is and will be the starting QB for the NY Jets in 2013. The biggest thing Turnover6 is known for IS turning the ball over

FIFTY TWO TIMES the last TWO seasons....putting him on the field in 2013 is franchise suicide.

Garrard - starter

McElroy - backup

Smith - #3 mentored by Garrard and learning

Turnover6- Inactive or EVEN BETTER released on June 2 --

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish Sanchez missed the last two seasons.

Garrard could miss 5 more seasons and be better than Sanchez.

Now, can someone find anything that talks up Garrard. Do we need threads which are figments in the mind of a few. Saying Garrard might start isn talking him up. Its an indictment of how much Sanchez sucks
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 05-01-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    It looks like you are not even willing to give Garrard a fair shot at the job. You mind is set! Its Sanchez. Please don't add Geno as an after thought. Garrard played last preseason and won the starting job in Miami and then was injured. Nothing major but an injury nonethe less. In your mind he wa snever good. I saw him play many times and I thought he was good. If we signed the guy someone in the Jets FO must think he has something left and can do the job. Obviously you disagree.

In my opinion I think all the QBs deserve a fair chance to win the job! I notice you excluded McElroy and Simms. I doubt that Simms can win a competition but I think McElroy can open a few eyes, even those of Sanchez fans. In a WCO accuracy is a mandatory asset to have. Big numbers mean zilch. Only wins! Short to intermediate passes will keep the chains moving. Sanchez does not fare well in those type of passes. Hopefully he can correct his faults! I want the best QB that gives the Jets a chance to win as our starter!

What happens if Garrard wins the competition and McElroy comes in #2? You want us to cut Geno and keep Sanchez around? Just askin'......
    I willing to give him a chance but he obviously isnt the long term solution. I just think people are counting on him way to much. Almost like we have Garrard so no worries if Geno or Sanchez isnt good enough.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Sanchez is not going to be here. Garrard will "battle" Geno in TC. Geno will win and that will be it.

I just think it will be wise to install some of the WVU offense to help Geno along a little bit. Put in some things he is comfortable with and add the MM/NFL offense gradually. We are going to rely on Ivory a lot this year. Hope he stays healthy.
    I agree, that is the most likely the scenario.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    we don't know that, and OLs take a while to gel
    no doubt.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Garrard is a million percent better than Turnover6 is and will be the starting QB for the NY Jets in 2013. The biggest thing Turnover6 is known for IS turning the ball over

FIFTY TWO TIMES the last TWO seasons....putting him on the field in 2013 is franchise suicide.

Garrard - starter

McElroy - backup

Smith - #3 mentored by Garrard and learning

Turnover6- Inactive or EVEN BETTER released on June 2 --
    What are you basing this on? What is so great about Garrard? His stats are nothing more then average. In addition to that he is old and therefore not getting any better.

Not saying Sanchez should start but at least he is young enough where he could still turn it around. Its a small chance but its a chance. He is probably better off on another team with a fresh start.

Garrard is going to have to prove himself just like everyone else and until he does that I'm not convinced.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gerrard is a veteran JAG with an injury history the thread is spot on. I Still think he is the best QB on the roster at the moment and should start the season until at least the bye.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Gerrard is a veteran JAG with an injury history the thread is spot on. I Still think he is the best QB on the roster at the moment and should start the season until at least the bye.
    What makes all of you think the kid HAS TO WAIT UNTIL AT LEAST THE BYE?!

I think I'll be fine with whatever MARTY MORNHINWEG decides to do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    What makes all of you think the kid HAS TO WAIT UNTIL AT LEAST THE BYE?!

I think I'll be fine with whatever MARTY MORNHINWEG decides to do.
    I would absolutely defer to Marty on this one. Marty knows how to bring a young QB around. He did a fantastic job with Joey Harrington.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    What are you basing this on? What is so great about Garrard? His stats are nothing more then average. In addition to that he is old and therefore not getting any better.

Not saying Sanchez should start but at least he is young enough where he could still turn it around. Its a small chance but its a chance. He is probably better off on another team with a fresh start.

Garrard is going to have to prove himself just like everyone else and until he does that I'm not convinced.
    Garrard's stats may not be better than average, but in his worst year his stats are better than Sanchez's best.

There's no guarantee what Garrard can bring now, having not played the last two years, but if he's back to his previous form, he'll easily be better than Sanchez. And even though he's old, perhaps he can be like Testaverde was and rejuvenate his career here. It's a small chance but it's a chance, probably better chance than Sanchez becoming a good QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Garrard at his worst is vastly better than Turnover 6 for the entire last two horrifying years and 52 turnovers of his miserable failure of a "career".

We can't afford to continue to try and somehow make chicken salad out of this chickens--t excuse for an NFL QB

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Garrard at his worst is vastly better than Turnover 6 for the entire last two horrifying years and 52 turnovers of his miserable failure of a "career".

We can't afford to continue to try and somehow make chicken salad out of this chickens--t excuse for an NFL QB
    Better get used to it because that's how it's gonna go here for a while.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listen if we has JAG under center the last two season with the lack of talent we supposedly had, you could add in at least three more wins if not more in each of those years. Plus our defense would have been top three because they would not have been on the field 70% of the time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neither Sanchez or Garrard will start instead Geno will end up starting. Outside of Geno the Jets have nothing at QB. Sanchez won't even be on the roster after June 1 and Garrard is 2 years out of the league why the Jets signed him is beyond me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Garrard starts, it will be a decent year

If Smith starts, that will be OK too

If Turnover6 starts, we will have to sit and endure a third frigging turnover filled disaster in a row

I vote for numbers 1 or 2, anything but 6