Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Why Geno was not taken early in draft

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Geno has a 1 year audition. If he blows it, we will be picking at the top of the draft in 2014 and will take another qb.
    This is a 3-5 win team regardless how he does. Cap-hell is still the reality here and even though the roster is better than at the end of 2012, it's still not ideal.

With that said, I am going to assume that the Jets have a top 3-5 pick next year, and if you really look at the draft, you could argue that Bridgewater and Boyd aren't as much of a sure thing as Lee and Clowney are.

And that's before you factor in where Manziel and Yeldon end up. Yeldon has the type of top end that looks alot like Richardson last year, provided he blossoms and stays healthy as the man down in 'Bama.

I think he will. But that's speculative.

There's no guarantee, just like in any other draft, that Bridegwater and Boyd could even end up better than Smith. The key here being that Smith should at least get 2-3 years to work out.

I think Lee, Clowney, and, personally, Yeldon all look like absolute studs coming out next year. Lee is the best WR prospect I've seen since Megatron. Clowney obviously is one of the top defensive prospects ever. Yeldon looks to be a stud.

I think it's shortsighted to just blow off Smith. He should get two or three years. Then take Lee or Yeldon early next year. Then we're talking.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    This is a 3-5 win team regardless how he does. Cap-hell is still the reality here and even though the roster is better than at the end of 2012, it's still not ideal.

With that said, I am going to assume that the Jets have a top 3-5 pick next year, and if you really look at the draft, you could argue that Bridgewater and Boyd aren't as much of a sure thing as Lee and Clowney are.

And that's before you factor in where Manziel and Yeldon end up. Yeldon has the type of top end that looks alot like Richardson last year, provided he blossoms and stays healthy as the man down in 'Bama.

I think he will. But that's speculative.

There's no guarantee, just like in any other draft, that Bridegwater and Boyd could even end up better than Smith. The key here being that Smith should at least get 2-3 years to work out.

I think Lee, Clowney, and, personally, Yeldon all look like absolute studs coming out next year. Lee is the best WR prospect I've seen since Megatron. Clowney obviously is one of the top defensive prospects ever. Yeldon looks to be a stud.

I think it's shortsighted to just blow off Smith. He should get two or three years. Then take Lee or Yeldon early next year. Then we're talking.
    This is such an inaccurate statement...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Did Kellen Clemens kill us? Were we set back for years because of him? Because essentially this is the same situation.
    Exactly!

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    This is such an inaccurate statement...
    I had to check his posting date and it's today?!?! He's way off base. Idzik is taking care of bidness.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Lol...I did a bit of reading after your post, and it seems a bit of racism may factor in his "opinions". At least a few bloggers think so.
    I like Geno, but that guy is not racist. I read through his analysis of various QBs and heard credible people defend him.

The guy also commented that RG3 may be the better prospect than Luck, but his straight ahead running style will lead to too many injuries.

As for Cam Newton he liked him as well but his comments were about CAm's charachter which teammates have already called into question.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Highly doubtful. Next years QB class looks weaker then this years did.
    LOL.

You're kidding, right?

Please tell me you're kidding. If not you're the only person in the world who would make such a statement.

Question BASHING GENO PICK- OUR NEW NATIONAL HOBBY

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    whats there really left to talk about? some people think he is a dumb, disengaged, a-hole, other people think he is just a kid caught up in the media machine and will prove people wrong...only one thing to do...sit back and watch.

personally i believe in the FO until they prove me wrong. I also think that bashing Geno became a trend at some point...and the jets are buying low on this kid.
    ... Jets quarterback Geno Smith’s firing of his agents, proves he is less than satisfied, with ending up in New York.
    When Geno Smith entered into the 2013 NFL draft he thought he might have been taken as the number one overall pick. That didn’t happen and with the 39th pick of the 2013 draft, Smith ended up as part of the 3 ring circus they call the New York Jets. Smith took quick action to show he is less than satisfied to be part of the Jets quarterback competition that include 5 guys.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I like Geno, but that guy is not racist. I read through his analysis of various QBs and heard credible people defend him.

The guy also commented that RG3 may be the better prospect than Luck, but his straight ahead running style will lead to too many injuries.

As for Cam Newton he liked him as well but his comments were about Cam's character which teammates have already called into question.
    When you cut and paste comments like this guy did on three different guys with different personalities there is a pattern. You think it's a coincident that the same comment appears for all three. These are the same types of excuses used for black QBs in the past. He said Cam was phony. His teammates have not said he was phony. They said he gets down after losing. This guy always seems to attack the intellect and motive of black QBs. And no he doesn't say the same thing about any other QBs. Are they all saints?

Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    ... Jets quarterback Geno Smith’s firing of his agents, proves he is less than satisfied, with ending up in New York.
    When Geno Smith entered into the 2013 NFL draft he thought he might have been taken as the number one overall pick. That didn’t happen and with the 39th pick of the 2013 draft, Smith ended up as part of the 3 ring circus they call the New York Jets. Smith took quick action to show he is less than satisfied to be part of the Jets quarterback competition that include 5 guys.
    Enough with the Circus. It's not true and not even funny anymore.

Have an original thought please - otherwise stop posting.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    one big problem the jets have is there aren't other teams messing up. the bengals have turned things around, the raiders got rid of palmer and there just aren't other teams to bash. the media needs a pinata and if it's not the jets, who is it?
    No other teams messing up? Really? The Jugwires WR just got suspended. The cowgirls have Jerry Jones. The raiders were worst than the Jets last year. The jets have taken steps also. Getting rid of Palmer isn't going to end their problems. The bills spent $100 million and still finished near the bottom on defense. There are plenty of other teams to bash. They just prefer to bash the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    No other teams messing up? Really? The Jugwires WR just got suspended. The cowgirls have Jerry Jones. The raiders were worst than the Jets last year. The jets have taken steps also. Getting rid of Palmer isn't going to end their problems. The bills spent $100 million and still finished near the bottom on defense. There are plenty of other teams to bash. They just prefer to bash the Jets.
    all lacking in human interest storylines. nothing compared to rex/sanchez/tebow/sparano, etc.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I thought it was a major mistake for Smith to not go to the Senior Bowl. It only feeds the sense of entitlement knocks against him.
    He was advised not to go! It doesn't feed into crap. That's like not listening to your lawyer telling you not to say anything because you want to tell your side.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    all lacking in human interest storylines. nothing compared to rex/sanchez/tebow/sparano, etc.
    That's because the unprofessional media all jump in on the act. Not all of the media are unprofessional but enough are to keep this crap going.