Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: RGIII speaks out against Jason Collins

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Ok so you were against Obama killing the American citizen with a drone strike then?? There are bad people that are citizens but when people become one in order to stay in the country to hurt innocent citizens I have a problem with that and you don't seem to..
    A citizen is a citizen. Crimes on American soil are not battlefield crimes in a foreign country. It's not rocket science. Why do keep trying to steer what I'm saying into liberal propaganda or stupidity, or assume that I am an Obama drone (pun intended). I have a very serious problem with people who harm others. Our friendly Chechen should face the death penalty in federal court and I am frankly okay with that. I don't like the idea of maintaining convicted mass murderers at taxpayer expense. But I see no provision in the law to strip someone of citizenship before they've been convicted and treat them as an enemy combatant.

Re the drone issue, I'm not terribly sympathetic to "American citizens" who are on foreign soil fighting on the side of hostile combatants being taken out in any way available. Do I think that should occur here on American soil? No.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by cornjulio21 View Post
    Thank you. Protect the Constitution please.
    Like FDR did during WWII when he took Japanese citizens from their homes and put them in interment camps??

I get that your a Manhattan Liberal but when people become citizens for the wrong reason to me their not American.. Of course they loved all the welfare they got but if they really loved the country you don't blow other citizens up IMO..
    Wow...not too racist or dogmatic. You probably would support Joe McCarthy today.

Your beef is with the INS/Homeland Security that gave him his citizenship. No doubt they could use a little restructuring. You don't get to decide what citizens get rights and who don't.

Mistakes get made everywhere, and so do unreasonable power grabs. Our country's history has plenty of examples of Innocent people being prosecuted and even put to death by LE mistakes. Sometimes honest mistakes, sometimes corrupt ones. Our rights are there for a reason.

Like FDR did during WWII when he took Japanese citizens from their homes and put them in interment camps??

That was flat out wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    I'm not terribly sympathetic to "American citizens" who are on foreign soil fighting on the side of hostile combatants being taken out in any way available. Do I think that should occur here on American soil? No.
    How do you know they are "fighting on the side of hostile combatants" if it's not proven beyond a reasonable doubt via evidence in a court of Law, none of the citizens rights are provided them, they get no council torepresent them, and the evidence (whatever it may be) is never disclosed publicly to anyone?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

A citizen is a citizen. Crimes on American soil are not battlefield crimes in a foreign country. It's not rocket science. Why do keep trying to steer what I'm saying into liberal propaganda or stupidity, or assume that I am an Obama drone (pun intended). I have a very serious problem with people who harm others. Our friendly Chechen should face the death penalty in federal court and I am frankly okay with that. I don't like the idea of maintaining convicted mass murderers at taxpayer expense. But I see no provision in the law to strip someone of citizenship before they've been convicted and treat them as an enemy combatant.

Re the drone issue, I'm not terribly sympathetic to "American citizens" who are on foreign soil fighting on the side of hostile combatants being taken out in any way available. Do I think that should occur here on American soil? No.
    Believe it or not leprechaun your one of my favorite posters I just enjoy busting your chops.. We do however disagree on what a American citizen should be and to me it's not one that uses that privilege in order to bring harm to the country.. To me it's like using identity theft to steal someones money but much worse.. Notice how the justice dept had a problem saying they would never use a drone strike on US soil to take out what they thought was a threat..

How come when I suck a dick, no one cares. But when a seven foot tall black man does it, it's national news?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

That was flat out wrong.
    The administrations feeling was that American citizenship does not necessarily determine loyalty.. My Ex wife was Sicilian and even though she was born here she always said she was Italian first and American second.. Any wonder why that marriage didn't last..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Express View Post
    How come when I suck a dick, no one cares. But when a seven foot tall black man does it, it's national news?
    Bigger Dick??

Bigger Dick??
    It's not fair.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Express View Post
    It's not fair.
    Yes; you're going to have to do what every other and his brother does: Act like a big dick.

AMIRITE!?!?

That was flat out wrong.
    A little overreaction perhaps. Probably due to that little practical joke they played on us. Pearl Harbor?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Sorry FF2, Ogunquit is one place I never go. Beautiful city and all, I just cannot handle there very progrssive way of doing things..
    there's no butt ****ing going on on Main Street, you will be Ok

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    A little overreaction perhaps. Probably due to that little practical joke they played on us. Pearl Harbor?
    Hmmm I don't recall Bush putting anyone in camps after 9/11 and that was on main land American soil against civilians and killed more people..

All Pro
    Believe it or not leprechaun your one of my favorite posters I just enjoy busting your chops.. We do however disagree on what a American citizen should be and to me it's not one that uses that privilege in order to bring harm to the country.. To me it's like using identity theft to steal someones money but much worse.. Notice how the justice dept had a problem saying they would never use a drone strike on US soil to take out what they thought was a threat..
    I'm on the phone with Curtis Martin right now to get his opinion on the matter.

I understand your sentiments, but I don't see how they can be operationalized without serious jeopardy to the rights carved out in the Bill of Rights. We have plenty of citizens who were born here and whose families go back to the Mayflower and they're scumbags who should be hanged. How someone becomes a citizen is moot once they're accepted. Otherwise, citizenship has no real meaning.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'm on the phone with Curtis Martin right now to get his opinion on the matter.

I understand your sentiments, but I don't see how they can be operationalized without serious jeopardy to the rights carved out in the Bill of Rights. We have plenty of citizens who were born here and whose families go back to the Mayflower and they're scumbags who should be hanged. How someone becomes a citizen is moot once they're accepted. Otherwise, citizenship has no real meaning.
    Something FDR forgot..

Hmmm I don't recall Bush putting anyone in camps after 9/11 and that was on main land American soil against civilians and killed more people..
    Thats because it was his family's best friends doing the bombing AMIRITE?

gay ball player.....to defending George W.....only on JI!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Thats because it was his family's best friends doing the bombing AMIRITE?

gay ball player.....to defending George W.....only on JI!!!!
    Some off us like Bush(Although I prefer shaved) and some play ball in a different way..

Is Hawaii less of a state or part of US soil than NY? Fewer Americans may have been killed than in 9/11, but the total killed AND wounded is greater. (2,402 Americans were killed and 1,282 wounded...do you really want to split those hairs?) And if not a camp, how would you classify Guantanamo Detention Camp?

All Pro
    Something FDR forgot..
    To the infamy of his name, as Crassus said of Sulla. That's the problem with trying to deal with a targeted threat via general profiling. Fatally flawed.